Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Shadow of the Comet - OOC  (Read 4383 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Shadow of the Comet - OOC
« on: July 10, 2016, 05:00:40 pm »

The time has come for the successor of the Occult Club. This will not be, as announced, the space survival game (not scrapped, just delayed I guess), because frankly, such a game has an entirely different appeal. The occult club had normal people, in normal scenarios, and the actual supernatural, the extraordinary, was actually extraordinary and elusive. Perhaps a bit too elusive, as the game sadly ended before we got to any really juicy parts. Whatever I do, I wouldn't be able to recreate that feeling with spaceship captains, industrial super-spies and alien-science.

The game ahead of you is a semi-freeform RP, in the sense that I assign a few stats to players to keep the comparable, but will not actually reveal these stats to people. At no points will players be informed about what they can and can not do. They are left to overestimate, or underestimate their own potential, and apart from perhaps having the GM reconfirm them occasionaly that "you indeed don't feel good at all trying to make that jump", it is up to the players to find the limits.

Players will be going into this game blind. While in the occult-club the setting was mostly certain, in this one, the players only get to know as much as the characters know. It's a bit of a leap of faith, but I feel like experimenting. However, there are two things I can say ahead of time: Yes, there will be a supernatural aspect, and yes, as before you are ordinary students in the modern world, idealy already a group of friends, or at least classmates. There may be adult themes in this, but this depends entirely on the players going there, I myself will not be putting the game in that direction necessarily.

I will be heavily focusing on not just taking my own plot and running that, but will try to heavily draw from player-actions instead. Also I will always be open to suggestions, wishes and request, wether in the OOC or Via PM. This time, there will be no guidance NPC like Morgana to move ahead things, as it sort of encouraged people in the last thread to be passive and wait for her to take the next step. That is, unless players do indeed want me to run a GMPC.

I will be taking 4 Protagonists, HOWEVER as the game develops and more NPCs get into the game, I'd be welcome if people want to play a side-role. The plot may not directly resolve around them, but they may yet be of significant impact to the story - who knows. This is, afterall, a game about RP and going with the flow of things.

Characterapplications are basicaly the same as in occult-club. Who are you, what are you good at, what are you bad at, etc etc. Write down as much as possible that you think is relevant to your character. Heck, feel free to add to the charsheet as the game progresses and you get more ideas. Just make sure those changes are announced and easy to find.

((man, this is one half-assed intro post, but what can I say, there are no charsheet or rule spoilertags to add, no system to describe etc... The only thing I really require from players is to be active.))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:19:43 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow of the Comet - OOC
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 05:04:30 pm »

None
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:14:54 pm by Ragenaut »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 05:05:42 pm »

please read the intro post before applying with an alien abomination
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 05:06:57 pm »

boop
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 05:08:28 pm »

yuss, I got the SB

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 05:13:26 pm »

Sorry about that, just saw what you bolded. I'll remove my character.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 05:15:28 pm »

considering out of your 7 posts, 4 of them are you throwing this abomination at various threads, I will just go ahead and ask you to kindly leave, you will not be joining this RP

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 05:52:29 pm »

yuss, I got the SB
un-booped, blocked, reported
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 05:57:26 pm »

nuuuuuuuuuuu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 06:01:36 pm »

ip tracked, computer bricked
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 06:02:50 pm »

nuuuuuuuuuuuuu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 06:12:04 pm »

house egged, car keyed
Black lives matter.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 06:37:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Yes they are related to exactly who you think they are related to.))
Good evening Akroma!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:05:23 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 06:39:59 pm »

gently takes
turns sideways
smashes spine in twain
tosses into dumpster
lights dumpster on fire
detonates nuclear warhead in dumpster
salts the earth
Black lives matter.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 06:40:29 pm »

Woohoo!!!!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6