Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: save editing a siege  (Read 743 times)

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
save editing a siege
« on: July 10, 2016, 04:57:26 pm »

so i embarked in a place that dosnt have goblins or elves, but i want to get a siege.
is there a way to edit my save data so that goblins can siege me?

im in the latest version so dfhack isnt an option, unless somehow its already been updated
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: save editing a siege
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 05:11:17 pm »

I do not believe you will get anything, unfortunately. This being said, you can still get megabeasts and such potentially. Sorry to tell you that you may be alone.

After about a minute of thinking, you didn't mention anything about humans. If there are human traders, then you can make them attack you by making them mad over and over. AKA: steal their stuff.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:14:04 pm by They Got Leader »
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 05:17:35 pm »

I do not believe you will get anything, unfortunately. This being said, you can still get megabeasts and such potentially. Sorry to tell you that you may be alone.

After about a minute of thinking, you didn't mention anything about humans. If there are human traders, then you can make them attack you by making them mad over and over. AKA: steal their stuff.

i do have humans, but ive never gotten them to come to my fort.
i only know i have them because i remember seeing them on the embark screen.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 05:28:46 pm »

You have to produce/trade a certain amount to your home civilization before the humans appear. There are requirements, I think.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 05:44:55 pm »

You have to produce/trade a certain amount to your home civilization before the humans appear. There are requirements, I think.

well thanks for the info

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 03:20:02 am »

Minor modification: You need to conduct sufficient trade for humans to show up, but it doesn't have to be with the dwarves. In my current fortress I had very little to offer the elves (being busy piercing a thick aquifer for most of the year), so no humans showed up. The second year I'd traded enough for the humans to show up, though.
It's also possible to get the humans to show up by changing the human PROGRESS_TRIGGER parameters for humans in the save folder. Humans lack two of the 3 trade controlling parameters, but you can copy those from the elves. That will cause them to show up without having traded (that's how the zero trade value bug was (mostly) worked around in 0.42.04(?)).
You can also piss off the elves, if available, of course.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 03:02:00 pm »

Just shoot any sentient creature that enters your map.

Eventually they'll get pissy about it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0