Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Whispering Wraith [SG] Chapter 1, Foggy Minds  (Read 12671 times)

crownclown

• Bay Watcher
  • Does Ron want to follow the butterflies now?
    • View Profile
Re: Whispering Wraith [SG] Chapter 1, Foggy Minds
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2016, 05:53:54 pm »

I think that we should not catch crabs. We have very little athletic ability, so it is unlikely that we would be able to catch the crabs. We should explore the hidden tunnel behind the waterfall.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2016, 06:14:06 pm »

We can always roast one to death with a fire spell if need be. Also, we need food and we arent sure if there are any other available food sources in the cave.

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2016, 06:27:30 pm »

We can always roast one to death with a fire spell if need be. Also, we need food and we arent sure if there are any other available food sources in the cave.
Just letting you'll know, that if Jean uses her fire spells there is a high chance she'll ruin the meat by making it burnt, and I should have mentioned in the update that the size of the crabs are not much larger than her fist.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:50:02 pm by Darth Jefe »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2016, 06:40:53 pm »

In that case, exploring sounds better. We can always eat a monsters corpse if we are desperate. Explore the hidden tunnel.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2016, 07:55:14 pm »

Shouldn't we at least make a some small effort to gather food? I still agree with exploring the hidden tunnel as it may have loot there!
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2016, 02:06:30 am »

I think that we should not catch crabs. We have very little athletic ability, so it is unlikely that we would be able to catch the crabs. We should explore the hidden tunnel behind the waterfall.
+
In that case, exploring sounds better. We can always eat a monsters corpse if we are desperate. Explore the hidden tunnel.
+
Shouldn't we at least make a some small effort to gather food? I still agree with exploring the hidden tunnel as it may have loot there!
  After momentarily contemplating her next course of action Jean decides to explore the hidden tunnel behind the waterfall. Jean begins stepping into the pond water, and she is immediately hit with a chill throughout her body as the coldness of the water nibs at her feet. Shuddering due to the cold water, Jean slightly regrets her decision but having set her mind to explore the hidden tunnel she continue on anyways. She attempts her best at avoiding the thickest parts of the waterfall by hugging the cavern walls as her desire to take a cold shower is nonexistent.
  Now slightly soaked but pasted the flowing water Jean is now in front of the hidden tunnel entrance. Up close she notices that the tunnel has a faint glow due to the bits of glowing moss growing on the tunnel walls, the height of the tunnel is only a few inches higher than her head and...
Spoiler: Roll (click to show/hide)
...there is a pungent foul odor coming forth from inside. Jean barely manages to resist vomiting the contents of her stomach as the foul stench reaches her nostrils. She is now hesitant to enter the cave as the odor not only makes her feel noxious but her eyes begin to cry slightly as something in the tunnel air irritates her eyes. Does she continue as is or does she attempt something else?

Jean Nosly
((changes made))

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2016, 07:46:53 pm »

Well isn't that lovely? Catching the small crabs seems like a better idea now, but I am still curious as to what in the tunnel so I vote going in the tunnel even with the foul stench debuff affecting us.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2016, 05:40:20 am »

Well isn't that lovely? Catching the small crabs seems like a better idea now, but I am still curious as to what in the tunnel so I vote going in the tunnel even with the foul stench debuff affecting us.

+1

crownclown

• Bay Watcher
  • Does Ron want to follow the butterflies now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2016, 01:39:17 pm »

+1
+1

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2016, 07:01:12 pm »

Chapter 1, Foggy Minds
Time of Day: ???
((Still unknown))
Season: Summer
Area: Underground Tunnel Caverns [Island ???]

((I'm going to be adding a header to all future updates, if there is something you think that could be added just suggest it.))
+1
+1
Despite the smell Jean continues inside the tunnel hoping that their may be some figurative or literal light at the end. However, it is only a few minutes later that the smell becomes more potent and...
Jean slows her movement to a complete halt in order avoid stepping into a brown slush-like substance covering floor of tunnel. She momentarily bends down to identify the brown slush.... ((Jean can attempt an Int Roll to identify something even if she does not have the skill however, the roll has less chance of success however.))
Whatever it is, Jean does not want the ugly looking substance on her black robes and decides to actively avoid it...
She continues walking slowly, sometime hopping short distances and even tiptoeing but eventually Jean missteps and trips falling to her knees into a rather large cluster of brown slush....
Her nostrils are bombarded with the foul stench, her eyes begin to tear up and she is on the verge of vomiting her insides. Jean barely manages to hold back the urge of vomiting, lifting herself from the ground she attempts to clean off the excess slush off her body, "Ugh... gross... Why did I come looking in this shit hole..." She mutters annoyed at herself before walking further into the tunnel. The slush becomes thicker as she continue now comes up to the top of Jean's ankles, then finally the tunnel opens up into a dimly lit cavern chamber. The floor is completely covered in the brown substance, at the center is a large mesa like rock a few feet taller than Jean and atop of it...
Is a rather big... slug? It is green with a white tint in color, there two long stalks from the top of its head each one seems to have a black orb at the end which Jean only assumes are the slug's eyes, the slug is about 20 ft in length and is about half of Jean's size in diameter. It is laying atop of the rock motionless and is steadily breathing showing no signs of noticing Jean's presence. While she is scanning the area something catches Jean's eye, a slight glow of....

A) A crystal bottle with a pearl-color liquid
B) A large Cyan colored crystal
C) A Bag of Coins
D) A ball of unrefined red and black ore
E) Chance it? I roll a 1d100, if I roll high the item will slightly better than the items listed, however rolling low will reduce the loot's value drastically.

((If you guys vote quickly I will be able to update soon.))

Jean Nosly

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2016, 02:34:28 am »

red and black ore, perhaps useful in crafting?

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2016, 03:22:50 am »

E) I feel like gambling but I can understand if others are opposed to the idea.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2016, 04:02:58 am »

Definitely a future possibility once it is refined, a smart choice since Jean has the Artifice skill.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2016, 01:26:31 pm »

Definitely a future possibility once it is refined, a smart choice since Jean has the Artifice skill.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lol!
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2016, 08:53:27 pm »

Since no one else voting I'm +1 this one instead, hopefully more will join us later on so this doesn't happen again.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10