Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: were megabeast  (Read 2964 times)

Drapestar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
were megabeast
« on: July 10, 2016, 03:32:10 am »

Not sure if anyone has seen one yet but i had a cyclops on my map and a wereloris has attacked it and left it unconscious with bite marks on my front gates. i decided to leave it alone and see if it will turn and it does. so i now have a cyclops that turns into a wereloris on my map.

no idea if any of the other megabeasts will take on a were curse but from that id have to assume so.
1) kill parents
2) rename batman
3) if the child survives until maturity, make him a militia captain

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: were megabeast
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 04:43:33 am »

Definitely interesting!

Now, I think semi megabeasts are intelligent, while true megabeasts are not. I haven't heard of any regular animals turning into weres which ought to happen with a reasonable frequency if possible, so my guess is that only semi megabeasts can be affected.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 09:00:36 am »

Weaponizing this, I guess semimegas would be more likely to withstand archery practice than other common targets. Usually, anything organic would be pretty temporary, but with timely regeneration it should take a bit of a while for them to lose their head, especially with increased muscle layers. Ettin would probably be best one, having two heads to reduce the effectiveness of headshots.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 04:28:27 pm »

Weaponizing this, I guess semimegas would be more likely to withstand archery practice than other common targets. Usually, anything organic would be pretty temporary, but with timely regeneration it should take a bit of a while for them to lose their head, especially with increased muscle layers. Ettin would probably be best one, having two heads to reduce the effectiveness of headshots.

Ladies and gentlemen; Dwarf Fortress. Where this is considered normal and within acceptable social boundaries.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 06:22:09 pm »

I just stared at it for a few minutes, wondering "how does this touch any moral boundaries? like, at all" before I realized I proposed torturing an intelligent, sentient being for a small eternity just so their kin would be bit quicker to die few months/20 minutes earlier than with harmless practice.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 09:32:07 pm »

Well this is interesting.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 06:38:45 am »

I just stared at it for a few minutes, wondering "how does this touch any moral boundaries? like, at all" before I realized I proposed torturing an intelligent, sentient being for a small eternity just so their kin would be bit quicker to die few months/20 minutes earlier than with harmless practice.

Depending on what the ettin's two brains mean for its sentience and ability to feel pain, it may actually be worse than torturing an intelligent being normally.

Also, it appears ettins are immortal.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 11:48:15 am »

Perhaps. I looked at raws and ettins also have genders, so if you can get two ...you can probably get mommy to eat her babies. Damn. We wanted to shoot those babies.
Well this is interesting.
I found you again~

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 12:24:59 pm »

I like the potential irony of waiting for the moon in order to kill a were-infected megabeast, since their were-form might be less powerful than their natural state.

Does anyone know if the were-transformation retains the native size of the creature, and just translates that size, or upon transformation does a were-mammoth'd dwarf explode in size, and a were-rabbit'd dwarf shrink?

A cyclops-sized were-donkey would not be pleasant to deal with.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 12:25:50 pm »

To clarify, you have a wereloris whose base form is a semi-megabeast.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 12:41:12 pm »

Nah, werebeasts change size. This is why werebeasts that are near dwarven size (iirc weregophers for instance) are most preferable to have for your army, as they'll keep their armor equipped.