Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FIRE [SG]  (Read 1187 times)

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
FIRE [SG]
« on: July 09, 2016, 09:33:19 pm »

You're a recently-graduated fireman. As a fresh member of the Fire Department of Multiverse City, it's your job to fight fires that threaten persons or property, and assist in rescue operations where the unfortunate have been injured.

Time to put that training to use. Your station's alarm is blaring. There is a multi-level fire in the Richmond District with several people to rescue from the burning building. Time to gear up and head out!

"Hey! Hey you! Don't you hear the alarm? Get movin'!" One of your colleagues hopes their screaming will motivate you to move with a purpose. They could at least dignify you by using your name.

What is your name anyway?

It looks like "You Are ____" games are popular here, so why not join the borg fun?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 09:43:40 pm by I, Writer »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FIRE [SG]
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 10:23:23 pm »

You name is Johannes Alexis, an aspiring fireman who having only recently joined the FDMC, only has a limited idea of what he's doing.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 09:48:26 am »

Your oddly European sounding name isn't often used by your colleagues.

"Alexis! Get moving NOW!"

Well, at least he used your last name. It's a start. You dive into your closet, put on your uniform and dart to the trucks. You get into Engine 1, a truck meant to fight fires directly and support firemen by carrying the lion's share of their gear.

You get into the driver's seat, because...you're the driver! Somehow, you were the first one to get in despite being the last one to get ready. Inside the truck you notice buttons all around you. The ignition and control panel are within arm's reach.

Moments later, more firemen pile into Engine 1, with one getting on the radio.

"Dispatch, Engine 1 responding. Southport Station."

Somewhere in the city, a dispatcher responds with a static-laden voice of affirmation.

"Alright, Alexis. Roll us out."

That's when you remember...you have a very finite idea of what you're doing.

So, what do?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 10:03:56 am »

Drive the engine to the fire.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 12:36:06 pm »

Turn on the ignition. Gently apply pressure to the gas petal. Do the driving things they taught you in Fireman Driving class and get to your destination. You might be new to the FDMC, but you've been living in Multiverse City your whole life and know how to get around.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 04:41:42 pm »

Be helpfull, and drive recklessy to the fire site.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 07:10:18 pm »

"Uh...okay. Let me just, uh..."

When you turn the key, the truck roars to life. The garage door opens, and civilian cars stop and wait for all trucks to exit, as the law says they should.

You get all the proper lights and sirens going, peeling out of the garage perfectly and zooming down the road. Your truck screaming its presence as people pull to the right to allow you to pass without incident.

"Ears, Fire. The sitch' is pretty bread-b'-butter. We got a multi-level inferno in rich-town. We get in, put out the flames, find the civilians trapped inside, and we're done with that one. Too easy. Alexis! I want you going in the east. Padraig and I will go west, while everyone else goes through the front. Ya got it?"

You nod in affirmation. The other firemen grunt instead.

You arrive on the scene and obtain your gear from the truck's side holdings. Your suit, oxygen tank, mask, hard hat, axe, radio, and hose are all ready to go. Properly charged, in great condition and functioning. You look up at the raging inferno above you.

Well, no time like the present!

What do?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 02:08:44 am »

Follow the commander's orders
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 02:17:31 am »

Attack the fire with our axe.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 04:59:18 pm »

"It's cuttin' time!" You brandish your fireaxe. The one that is, sadly, not ablaze with flame. Life isn't that cool. However, being a firefighter is the next best thing. Or so you've been told. You charge into the inferno, swinging your axe at every flame within reach, but they taunt you with their dances. Each blow passes through them in an almost ethereal way. Your axe-swinging is, effectively, ineffective.

The fire isn't playing fair, and you're beginning to get a little irritated.

What do, Bay12?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 05:48:26 pm »

Swallow fire to show Dominance over it.
One wheel short of a wagon

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 06:07:43 pm »

Swallow fire to show Dominance over it.
+1
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 05:29:18 am »

apply water-sword (water pipe)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 04:41:46 pm »

Alexis, how's it going in there?

You choose to ignore your radio. It's high time you showed this fire who's boss. YOU are the boss! You exhale as deeply as your lungs will allow, then...you inhale. You try to swallow each and every molecule of flame, in an effort to assert your dominance. You inhale tons of smoke, then the flames scorch your throat. You thought you were winning, but the Fire Nation attacked. Attacked your insides.

Alexis, what's wrong?
Alexis?
Alexisss!

Game Over

Tip: Don't attempt to swallow fire.
[ Continue ] y/n <------> [ Exit ]

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 04:44:04 pm »

>[C]ontinue as Fire
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: [1] 2