Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help: Mystery work orders keep getting filed  (Read 641 times)

Murdersquish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help: Mystery work orders keep getting filed
« on: July 09, 2016, 07:14:49 pm »

Howdy. I have some mystery work orders that keep getting filed. Despite me cancelling them (j-m-<select>-r), they reappear after some amount of item.

Normally I enter work orders through j-m-q, but I accidentally entered a few in a slightly different way. I didn't realize that I was in q-mode over a stockpile and I pressed j-m-<backspace>-<select> (m isn't needed here, and I thought I fat-fingered something) and it took the order without a count. I questioned what happened and did j-m-<backspace>-<select> again. Now, these beds that I selected to be built keep reappearing after they complete, or after I cancel them. It takes a little while for them to reappear in the j-m list.

How do I remove these stuck, repeating work orders? It's getting to the point where I'm going to ditch the fortress because I have a zillion beds I don't need.

Thanks!

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help: Mystery work orders keep getting filed
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 09:38:27 pm »

You can trade the beds to the human and dwarf caravans.
In the "move goods to depot" screen press s then type bed.
This goes for anything you want to get rid of.

I'm still on 40.19 so no help to you on the orders part, sorry.

Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 04:10:49 am »

It sounds like you have one of the new workshop orders:
'q'-'P'-<right arrow> over the carpenter workshop to see them. The list should be empty if you don't have any orders. If you do have any order you don't want, the instructions are at the bottom of the screen ('r' to remove an order).

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 05:19:31 pm »

I don't know if this is your problem, but if you are on .43 find your work order in the j-m menu, hit c to view the conditions, and then + or - until it says that it is a One-time order at the top.  The other option is "restarts when completed" and it sounds like yours is restarting every time it is completed.

That's my only guess.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 06:04:05 pm »

Your nobles are doing it behind your back. All of them. Listen! Can you hear their vapid snickering when they think you are away?

There can be only one response to their betrayal.

Probably just check the manager screen, it's a repeat order.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0