Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Fallacy's Reactor: Test 3: Brave New World: Solar System: Seeking Players  (Read 18059 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

So it occurred to me that I'm not currently running any forum games.
This cannot be.

So what is this, you ask? A reactor, for ideas.

The thread in which I will test my game systems and determine if I should use them in the future.

And the thread in which you get to try out my game systems.

For my first test, I'm trying out a Wiki-Wars like system... in which you get Tropes instead of Wiki Articles. I'll take 5 people to start.
~~~
Completed tests:
Trope-Wars(starts here)
~~~
If you want to play:
Either post "IN" or something similar when a test is initiating, or receive a reserved spot via winning a previous test. People going into the next test while one is ongoing is annoying to me.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 10:34:27 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Reactor: First test initiating, (0/5)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 01:33:25 pm »

I volunteer!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Reactor: First test initiating, (0/5)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 01:41:58 pm »

In
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Reactor: First test initiating, (2/5)
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 02:47:16 pm »

Well!

"Well then!"

Null tosses two sparks of power into the volunteers' bodies.

AbstractTraitorHero has gained tropes:
[Tier 1, Active]: Converging-Stream Weapon: You may generate a number of small lasers that converge into one larger laser which is promptly fired at your target. This attack is so powerful that it gets +6 to damage. 6 turn cooldown.
[Tier 1, Passive]: Not-So-Phony Psychic: You may locate spirits and put them to rest... or rather turn them into bloodthirsty spirit monster things. But you don't know that part.
[Tier 1, Passive]: Soul Power: You have power over spirits/souls. You get +2 to manipulating spirits/souls, and in addition, when you die, you may make a roll to come back as a ghost.

tntey has gained tropes:
[Tier 1, Active]: Wrench Whack: You may use a wrench to whack somebody with an exceptionally powerful strike that has +3 to damage and automatically stuns them for a turn if it hits. 3 turn cooldown. You start play with a large wrench.
[Tier 1(MAX), Passive]: Weak-Willed: You automatically fail any mind control resistance rolls.
[Tier 1, Passive]: You Are in Command Now: You have been assigned command over a squad of stormtroopers.

((Yeah, this is going to go nicely.))

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 03:10:07 pm »

((Do we start now?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 03:16:32 pm »

Sure, why not.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 03:25:43 pm »

Let's go.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 03:49:02 pm »

((Do we start now?))
((Need 5 people... now I have 4.))

"Two more wonderful test subjects!"

And two more similarly wonderful sparks of light.

_DivideByZero_ has gained tropes:
[Tier 1, Active]: Radiograph of Doom: Using your handheld x-ray machine, you can scan them and give them a lethal diagnosis, which gives them the Incurable Cough of Death trope. Assuming they stay still long enough for you to do effectively, anyway. 5 turn cooldown. And you start play with a handheld x-ray machine.
[Tier 1(MAX), Active]: Pseudo Crisis: As it turns out, the crisis you were just in wasn't actually a problem at all. You instantly resolve one crisis you are currently in when you use this ability. This ability can only be used once, however.
[Tier 1, Passive]: Sorting Algorithm of Evil: When you die, a NPC villain that starts with 5 tropes instead of 3 will appear and try to kill everybody.

KingMurdoc has gained tropes:
[Tier 1, Active]: Scary Scarecrows: You summon a creepy scarecrow that causes anyone other than you who sees it to roll to resist incredible terror. It disappears at the start of the next turn. 3 turn cooldown.
[Tier 1, Passive]: Mobile Fishbowl: You are a naturally aquatic organism. Thankfully, you have a special helmet that contains water and thus keeps you from drowning in air. Also, you get +4 to aquatic mobility.
[Tier 1, Passive]: Skate Heaven Is A Place On Earth: While you are alive, the arena will be naturally suited for skateboarding, giving everybody who skateboards within it a +3 to their skateboarding roll. And you start play with a skateboard.

((One more!))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Reactor: First test initiating, (4/5)
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 03:53:31 pm »

Why not?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Reactor: First test commencing, (5/5)
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 04:12:50 pm »

"There we go, five out of five!"

Whisperling has gained tropes:
[Tier 1(MAX), Passive]: The Tape Knew You Would Say That: You are in possession of a tablet computer left to you by your future self, in which your future self recorded information about your immediate future and your fellow competitors. If you don't win, you may cause a time paradox.
[Tier 1, Active]: Ground Pound: You leap into the air and launch yourself downwards at your target. If you hit, you get +3 to damage and your target is stunned for one turn. Can also break through floors. 4 turn cooldown.
[Tier 1, Active]: "I Am Great!" Song: You(plus your chorus of magical penguins) sing a song about how great you are... which has no benefit other than fueling your narcissism. 5 turn cooldown.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Reactor: Test 1, Turn Zero, (5/5)
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 04:21:03 pm »

Time paradoxes sound fun. Question: We try to murder each other... right? If so:

Check KingMurdoc for injuries.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 04:37:27 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 04:25:01 pm »

Flying skateboard attack at _DivideByZero_! I guess.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 04:46:00 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 04:31:55 pm »

Null holds forth his hand, forming an orb of light in it.

"Let the first test... commence!"

He promptly tosses the orb into the air, letting it form an arena.

The arena has gained tropes:
[Tier 1, Passive]: Butt Biter: The arena is home to a hive of small lizard creatures that bite the players' buttocks.
[Tier 1, Passive]: Amazon Brigade: If the game has not finished in 10 turns, a brigade of female cyborgs will arrive and try to kill all the players.
[Tier 1(MAX), Passive]: Scatting: The air is brimming with noise... nonsense vowels, basically. There will be no silence.

"Boos bada boos bada--"

"Bah. Ready, set, fight!"

((Yup. Murderize each other.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 04:38:46 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2016, 04:44:48 pm »

On second thought (since my previous target was across the room), go for the stairs. Run.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15