Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: neutral GCS?  (Read 1760 times)

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
Re: neutral GCS?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 10:09:09 am »

careful, while it is neutral to civilians, it will attack (on duty) military, and trained war animals.

tried that to aggro it once i had it secured, it dosnt care about on duty military
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 05:07:27 pm »

tried that to aggro it once i had it secured, it dosnt care about on duty military

Here is what I did :

Description :
2. Cage Trap
3. Door ( closed )
4. GCS- Cage linked to Lever
5. Fortification
6. Bridge ( raisable)

As soon as you get a human diplomat, follow it. When the discussion ends immediately pause the game and go on step by step. As soon as your mayor and the diplomat left the office to the south ( east and west door closed!), close it as well, which will trap the human guards in the office. Unleash the GCS now, then open the east door and the door at the end of the end of the cage trapped hallway. Right before the leave the hallway, close both doors again and lower the bridge. Open the East and south door of the office now.
This will lead to the guardsmen walking towards the GCS, get webbed on top of the traps and all guardsmen captured.

This is important : immediately forbid all cages containig guardsmen ! Otherwise the next dwarf trying to retrieve the cage will get web-trapped as well. Let your weavers collect the Silk first, then unforbid the cages.

Voilą, you catched yourself some working bait. Now you open door 3. and re-cage your GCS. Have fun :)

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:43 pm »

I had a fire breathing forgotten beast that obsessed over the same door for *months* before I spooked it loose with some caged goblins.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 08:09:00 pm »

I had a fire breathing forgotten beast that obsessed over the same door for *months* before I spooked it loose with some caged goblins.

Obsessing over a door is a different bug, I think. Building Destroyers that move adjacent to the. Building they are targeting apparently will just stare at it forever.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 12:17:12 am »

Obsessing over a door is a different bug, I think. Building Destroyers that move adjacent to the. Building they are targeting apparently will just stare at it forever.

This. I've seen it very often.
Pages: 1 [2]