Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: HLYBLEEP ADAMANDITE!  (Read 8855 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HLYBLEEP ADAMANDITE!
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2008, 02:57:00 pm »

THREE MORE FROG DEMONS
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2008, 03:01:00 pm »

what, no spirits of fire ? no tentacle-demons ? not even ordinary demons ?

just the boring frog-variant ?

would have been much more fun if they were at least the dangerous ones

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2008, 03:01:00 pm »

This thread contains more stupidity than almost any other I have seen in this forum. Not from Puzzlemaker, who seems to be doing fine, but from all the individuals who think "Ohohoho I'm so clever, I'll drop not-so-veiled hints about the DEMONS THAT WILL COME OUT OF THE PITS that anyone with half a brain could figure out, yet I'm not spoiling anything, no, this will be a glorious trainwreck."

If you really wanted him to be surprised by it, you should have kept quiet. Don't drop hints. Hints reveal things.   :roll:

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2008, 03:03:00 pm »

I figured demons or SOMETHING would come out, but, uh...

not five.

I thought one powerful one.  I mean, I already killed a frog demon.  Three maybe I could handle.  I just drafted my entire fortress and I am going to hold a last-ditch defense type thing.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2008, 03:06:00 pm »

Six...

Edit:  7

Edit:  8

Edit:  I am losing count.  Holy hell.

Edit:  According to the unit list, I have killed 9 of them.  These guys arn't so tough.  Its the numbers that are getting me, there are TEN MORE.

[ February 02, 2008: Message edited by: Puzzlemaker ]

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2008, 03:12:00 pm »

Just use the "U"nits list to keep count of how many demons are rampaging through your fort   ;)

You got lucky, frog demons are the weakest. Spirits of fire are by far the worst.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »

Well, 19 dead frog demons, and I can't find any live ones on the list.  That was interesting.  Do more come?  If so, how much of a delay is there?

I lost 50 dwarves.

Edit:  After I undrafted everyone, another demon popped up.  So Twenty, a nice, even number.  Hopefully the last.  Lost about 5 more dwarves from that one.  All my trained soldiers are dead.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kylaer:
<STRONG>This thread contains more stupidity than almost any other I have seen in this forum. Not from Puzzlemaker, who seems to be doing fine, but from all the individuals who think "Ohohoho I'm so clever, I'll drop not-so-veiled hints about the DEMONS THAT WILL COME OUT OF THE PITS that anyone with half a brain could figure out, yet I'm not spoiling anything, no, this will be a glorious trainwreck."

If you really wanted him to be surprised by it, you should have kept quiet. Don't drop hints. Hints reveal things.    :roll:</STRONG>

wellll excuuuuuuse me please
at least with all the stupidity in us we at least managed to read the full tread before posting, unlike you who tries to tell him that demons will come out way after he was already attacked

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2008, 03:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>

wellll excuuuuuuse me please
at least with all the stupidity in us we at least managed to read the full tread before posting, unlike you who tries to tell him that demons will come out way after he was already attacked</STRONG>

Um.. I don't think he was trying to tell me, I think he wanted to say that before but couldn't without fully revealing the problem?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2008, 03:37:00 pm »

I'm not sure myself how many come out. Though its true that I had a legendary weaponsmith start making something out of adamantine shortly before I discovered it, the 30 some spirits of fire charging out of the pits killed him before he could finish.

My thrice retired multi-legendary adventurer is having a hard time getting in there to collect all the adamantine loot I made too, because the spirits of fire are still there.  

The spirits of fire are giving a creature with a heatdam of 20000 a hard time.  I would hate to be a human in this situation.  So far I had to retreat back to the overworld four times.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2008, 03:40:00 pm »

I was lucky, I think.  I came to the pits from underneath,  as the place with the cages is where the demons spawn, and the pit extends several Z levels below.  Once I hit the pit, I could see where the cages where, and avoid it, until I thought I was ready.  I wasn't, though, but it was good enough.

Yobgod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2008, 03:53:00 pm »

Puzzle, it was nice following your progress through the pits.

It doesn't really matter what anyone did or didn't "spoil" for you, as long as you had fun.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2008, 04:06:00 pm »

Frog demons are the crappy demons.
"Hey look at me, I'm a big frogman with fire immunity!"
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Yobgod:
<STRONG>Puzzle, it was nice following your progress through the pits.

It doesn't really matter what anyone did or didn't "spoil" for you, as long as you had fun.</STRONG>

I did indeed have fun!  I wasn't expecting it to be so challenging, and there where a couple of "OHCRAP" moments.  However, the fort isn't very well designed (Or at least, with more experience, I know that now).  I think when the new version is released I will generate another world, and start a fort in a haunted area.

Scorpios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Puzzlemaker:
<STRONG>I did indeed have fun!  I wasn't expecting it to be so challenging, and there where a couple of "OHCRAP" moments.  However, the fort isn't very well designed (Or at least, with more experience, I know that now).  I think when the new version is released I will generate another world, and start a fort in a haunted area.</STRONG>

It'll be a much different experience. Nist Akath aside, you usually don't get waves of hostiles charging at you like you do from opening the pits. Rather than a  pitched battle you'll just lose a worker here and there and everyone once in awhile have to order all dwarves inside.

find that I identify forum goers more by their signatures than anything else.
That being said, I should probably think of something witty to put here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7