Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: HLYBLEEP ADAMANDITE!  (Read 8859 times)

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
Re: HLYBLEEP ADAMANDITE!
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2008, 10:36:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Puzzlemaker:
<STRONG>(can creatures break down doors?  I read that trolls can)</STRONG>
Some can, yes.
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2008, 10:53:00 am »

just out of curiosity, how populated is your fortress ?
created wealth, exported wealth, amount of military dwarves, etc
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2008, 11:00:00 am »

Well, 80 when I found them things, and now its over 100 due to a recent immigration that brought mostly nobles (augh)
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2008, 11:06:00 am »

This thread would be made of win if people STOPPED SPOILING. (Captain Mayday, I'm looking at you.)
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2008, 11:48:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by martinuzz:
<STRONG>Quickest way to train weaponsmiths: make bolts (require only one metal bar, so you weaponsmith does not have to walk multiple times to get raw material)

Quickest way to train armorsmith: Not sure, but I think helmets. For the same reason as above. Or maybe gauntlets/boots

For extra speed: lock your smith in a room with the workshop and raw materials until he gets too hungry/thirsty/pissed off.</STRONG>

Or lock some food and water in the room with him for even better efficiency.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »

Dude, this is awesome. (fear the one liner)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

mwoody450

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by martinuzz:
<STRONG>Quickest way to train armorsmith: Not sure, but I think helmets. For the same reason as above. Or maybe gauntlets/boots</STRONG>

Last time I asked, someone suggested bucklers, which has proven a pretty effective way to do it.  Fast to create, single bar, light.  I especially like them because there's no way my military will opt to grab my crappy training materials when I tell them to suit up, since they're all told to get shields, not bucklers.

Just make sure when you periodically mark the training products for meltdown that you do NOT select masterpiece works.  That gets to be more of a problem as they approach legendary.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2008, 02:19:00 pm »

I just got my guys up to normal and then started cranking out adamantine items.  (or trying to, adamantine is annoying to extract!)

I need anvils though.   :(

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2008, 05:34:00 pm »

What the hell is "Adamandite"?  I've heard of Adamantine, but not Adamandite.
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Talk:Adamantine#Standardized_spelling

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2008, 05:42:00 pm »

I'm so jealous. Wish I could find some Adamantine. I'd be satisfied in getting a megabeast attack.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2008, 05:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Puzzlemaker:
<STRONG>

Edit:  Wait, what?  Slaughtered?  As long as I don't disturb anything, I should be fine, right?

[ January 31, 2008: Message edited by: Puzzlemaker ]</STRONG>

Yes. Run that through your mind, say, a hundred times.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2008, 08:43:00 pm »

On another note, a goblin siege ended in an amusing fashion as the leader was killed and everyone ran away.  He was the only casualty.  No sign of anything from...

THE UNDERWORLD.  (Dun Dun DUUUNNN)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2008, 10:05:00 pm »

I just discovered my own first batch of adamantine too.  No sign of hidden fun stuff yet though despite 3 z levels of strip mining.

Shame I know almost everything there is to know already though and have already taken detailed precautions.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

wallish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »

Any chance on getting seed/location?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2008, 10:46:00 pm »

I'm a modder playing with modified reaction files.  I'm not 100% sure but I'm told modified reaction files break seed compatibility.

Created in DF v0.27.169.33g.

[WORLD_GEN]
   [TITLE:STANDARD]
   [SEED:4041609548]

Red is estimated magma location, Purple is estimated chasm location, blue is the brook, cyan is the adamantine and green is plentiful trees.  Almost the whole mountain is obsidian.  Also judging from a dead giant toad in my unit list theres a underground water source somewhere.

It dosn't have sand and I'm not sure about flux because I stopped looking when the adamantine was found.

[ February 01, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7