Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: HLYBLEEP ADAMANDITE!  (Read 8864 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HLYBLEEP ADAMANDITE!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 10:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>But, humor us Puzzlemaker;  what do the engravings in your little adamantite chamber show?

We would all VERY much like to know the engravings that are showing up for you.</STRONG>

So and So dying, fetal position, ect.  Kinda morbid if you ask me, it could do with some flowers, maybe a nice chair or two, along with a coffee table.  Plus, the pools of blood are SO cliche.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 11:04:00 pm »

Yesyesyes, but give us the details.  Are there any images of foul beasts lording it over the lesser mortals?  Are the elves and humans and such cowering in fear of something?  Something....   Fiery?

Please, do tell.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 11:09:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Yesyesyes, but give us the details.  Are there any images of foul beasts lording it over the lesser mortals?  Are the elves and humans and such cowering in fear of something?  Something....   Fiery?

Please, do tell.</STRONG>

Nope, none that I can see.  Lots of ashes though.  And charcoal.  Also, sadly, the people in the cages have died.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2008, 12:08:00 am »

You should make a tunnel to your main area so you can move the adamantine faster.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Lokum Sibnir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 03:09:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Pandarsenic:
<STRONG>You should make a tunnel to your main area so you can move the adamantine faster.</STRONG>

Seconded.

re you a dwarf or gnome? Let''s go.

Quift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 04:06:00 am »

Bah, I make bolts out of that stuff. elven bone bolts, human bone bolts, elven skull totem.. It sure makes the trading more fun. Hey, lok at my trade goods.

<This>

also, the amount of adamantine varies, I got about 400 of it. made 25 chain mail suits, some swords, some spears and have about 220 left in a chamber. waiting for the smiths to go moody again (one ofthem made an artifact adamantine chainmail worth about a million)

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 04:12:00 am »

Greatest thread of all time right here, for sure.
This is not a signature.

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2008, 04:20:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Pandarsenic:
<STRONG>You should make a tunnel to your main area so you can move the adamantine faster.</STRONG>

Shortest distance in the fortress is the most efficient, you'll be able to thread and weave that adamantium armor in no time! Remember to place lots of traps.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 04:21:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Markavian:
<STRONG>

Shortest distance in the fortress is the most efficient, you'll be able to thread and weave that adamantium armor in no time! Remember to place lots of traps.</STRONG>

Traps are a must. Especially cage traps. In the event something spawns at the pit, you could catch it in the cage, and put it in a zoo.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Lokum Sibnir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 05:01:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Mayday:
<STRONG>

Traps are a must. Especially cage traps. In the event something spawns at the pit, you could catch it in the cage, and put it in a zoo.</STRONG>

STOP RUINING THE FUN  :(

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 08:27:00 am »

Can't people just shut up? really? stop giving 'advice', stop giving 'teasing hints' and stop giving 'encouragement'. Just SHUT UP AND READ.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2008, 08:44:00 am »

Quickest way to train weaponsmiths: make bolts (require only one metal bar, so you weaponsmith does not have to walk multiple times to get raw material)

Quickest way to train armorsmith: Not sure, but I think helmets. For the same reason as above. Or maybe gauntlets/boots

For extra speed: lock your smith in a room with the workshop and raw materials until he gets too hungry/thirsty/pissed off.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2008, 09:20:00 am »

I also found my first adamantine in my current fort. I haven't hit the pits yet, but I read a lot of spoilers so I know what to expect, which takes a lot out of the fun. Puzzlemaker, do yourself a favour and don't read any spoilers, or you'll ruin your fun like I did.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2008, 10:04:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DJ:
<STRONG>I also found my first adamantine in my current fort. I haven't hit the pits yet, but I read a lot of spoilers so I know what to expect, which takes a lot out of the fun. Puzzlemaker, do yourself a favour and don't read any spoilers, or you'll ruin your fun like I did.</STRONG>

Well its pretty obvious the GLOWING PITS arn't good.  Plus the pools of blood, caged dwarves, humans and elves, and morbid engravings are also sorta a giveaway.  Oh, and the caged guys, according to the unit screen, come from the UNDERWORLD.

So I am being careful, but I am not too worried; as long as I don't disturb anything, keep those locked doors there (can creatures break down doors?  I read that trolls can), and keep building armor for my guys it should all turn out alright.  I have no iron though, and only one anvil...  I need to get more...

Lokum Sibnir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2008, 10:35:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Puzzlemaker:
<STRONG>

Well its pretty obvious the GLOWING PITS arn't good.  Plus the pools of blood, caged dwarves, humans and elves, and morbid engravings are also sorta a giveaway.  Oh, and the caged guys, according to the unit screen, come from the UNDERWORLD.

So I am being careful, but I am not too worried; as long as I don't disturb anything, keep those locked doors there (can creatures break down doors?  I read that trolls can), and keep building armor for my guys it should all turn out alright.  I have no iron though, and only one anvil...  I need to get more...</STRONG>

Good luck and let's hope your fortress won't please Armok for a while..

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7