Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whence from here?

I'm not in a hurry; we're bound to find a sucker replacement eventually.
- 1 (20%)
Onward, even if we have a shambling zombie nation!
- 0 (0%)
Let it end, oh please let it end!
- 4 (80%)
You say you need a sucker replacement? Well, I AM that sucker replacement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 22: Even Worstester Things: called due to Foul weather  (Read 25699 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your capital scares us. We'd much rather you just died quietly, due to running out of candles.

Indeed.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Next turn is two hours away and Talor hasn't sent any orders in.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is Talor Unexpected Nation #3 on Llama?

If so, we might need to look into a replacement - they (or someone, anyway... I desperately miss when Llama detected the names of custom nations) has staled the last 4 turns in a row.

Even if it is Talor - who is currently in rather dire straights - I wouldn't say that they're completely doomed - they've got a castle with troops, even if Talor itself is currently under siege.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldn't #3 be karlito/gunbad?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldn't #3 be karlito/gunbad?
It's definitely not, since they've been rather aggressively fighting back these past couple of turns.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oops! :P

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The stale list is not in the same order as the turn submitted list. The turn submission list matches the nation numbers in the mod. The stale list? No idea, but it's not the same. However, I will note that Talor has been the last nation unsubmitted these past several turns. From what I've seen, everything points to that being our staler.

Also, by what my scouts have seen, at this point we probably don't want to hand Talor to a sub unless it's someone we don't like and want to sour on Dominions.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 10:03:18 pm by E. Albright »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, afaik they have only two forts left, one of which is already under siege and the other of which will probably also be next turn. (And no other provinces)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The stale list is not in the same order as the turn submitted list. The turn submission list matches the nation numbers in the mod. The stale list? No idea, but it's not the same.
Yeah it's weird, being also different from the order nations appear in the confirmation email, which I think is pretender submission order.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It never really matters (or mattered) with normal nations with normal names. :V

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I staled out, I was really busy and didn't really get home for awhile.  Also, I am going on vacation next week, but I have a laptop so I should be able to submit my turns.  Hopefully.  Maybe.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pushed 12h since we had 3 (now 2, including Talor) outstanding turns at under 2h to host time.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm wondering if we shouldn't force Talor to CPU control - the AI isn't great, but it'll do better than not having anyone at the helm at all - they do still have an unsieged castle, after all.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 02:28:50 pm by AlStar »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Talor has clearly given up on playing, Belburg is fighting their last battles. I'll PM USEC_OFFICER. Puzzlemaker might still have some fight in him, but if he doesn't really feel like going through the motions, he should delegate the responsibility of making his last stand to AI.

It's always surprising to me that this has to be repeated again and again, but it's always a better choice to set yourself to AI than just abandon the game. That's just basic courtesy, and people will not think less of you if you do that (but they will if you just leave it).

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the battles I saw, Puzzlemaker was giving as good as he got, if not better. That won't save him, but it's still damn good and something to be proud of in that situation.

In situations like that or Talor's, I've generally only survived and come back (to some degree) through extensive diplomacy. I don't recall ever going on from it to win, but I enjoy seeing what happens to the rest of the world and you can't do that if you've been defeated.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14