Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whence from here?

I'm not in a hurry; we're bound to find a sucker replacement eventually.
- 1 (20%)
Onward, even if we have a shambling zombie nation!
- 0 (0%)
Let it end, oh please let it end!
- 4 (80%)
You say you need a sucker replacement? Well, I AM that sucker replacement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 22: Even Worstester Things: called due to Foul weather  (Read 25689 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...such a pity none of the 160 damage that got through happened to be leprous... Ah, well, there's always next time.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's definitely a weapon with an expiration date, but hopefully he'll be useful until I'm completely wiped out.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One thing that's struck me in the foulspawn-on-foulspawn combat that I've been in or my scouts have seen - it's damn hard to tell who's on which team!

Something that visually identifies any given foulspawn as belonging to a certain nation would be worth thinking about - perhaps it might be possible to change the hue of the foulspawn's body, depending on the nation? Ideally connected with the flag color, although I don't know what order Nationgen creates things (or if something like this is even possible.)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

You can always press 'c' in battle to highlight units with colour-coded tiles.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AlStar, it's something I did think about. The issue is that the more armor a FS has, the less real estate there is for displaying the national color, which reflects in recolor masks on units as well as flags. Small FS have colored pants and jackets (plus sometimes plumes, and some shields), but the bigger ones have only shields and plumes since they all were furs. Mages have a bit more room for color, ofc. But I can't really add more color to FS w/o making their body parts and/or armor less distinct instead of their nationality. I'd rather their nationality be indistinct than their composition or armament, especially since there are as Il Palazzo points out UI solutions to this ambiguity, and also because FS are normally a rare-tier race type (0.1 basechance, vs. 0.2 minors, 0.3 majors, and 0.5 prolifics).

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, only now I've realised that my commanders can make for some interesting thugs - one has no arm slots but four misc ones, and another one has four hands apparently (not that the weapon loadout or sprite would suggest that). I wonder if GoR-ing troops can result in similarly outlandish chassis.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, only now I've realised that my commanders can make for some interesting thugs - one has no arm slots but four misc ones, and another one has four hands apparently (not that the weapon loadout or sprite would suggest that). I wonder if GoR-ing troops can result in similarly outlandish chassis.
Ooh, neat - I didn't even think to check that out...

*checks commanders*

A bunch with no hands who are otherwise normal and a couple with no head slots that are also otherwise normal. Boo.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, Ag-Manzon looks special. And by "special", I mean buggy. Hmm, I have a couple like theirs, too. More data points for the fixing, I suppose.

My initial before-I-sourcedive suspicion is that GoR-ing troops will be disappointing, and this is a bug with commanders. We shall see, though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 07:23:42 pm by E. Albright »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, Ag-Manzon looks special. And by "special", I mean buggy. Hmm, I have a couple like theirs, too. More data points for the fixing, I suppose.

My initial before-I-sourcedive suspicion is that GoR-ing troops will be disappointing, and this is a bug with commanders. We shall see, though.
Check out Halder - half of its commanders suffer from phantom arms syndrome.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile

No! Don't look at Halder, ignore it's amazing possibilities with Thugs.

IGNORE ME.

edit: also please ignore that some of my commanders start out with Battle Fright and that I've been forced to use them to lead my forces.
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 10:41:41 am by Margrave »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

edit: also please ignore that some of my commanders start out with Battle Fright and that I've been forced to use them to lead my forces.
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS.
How often is commander morale actually checked? While I could certainly see that as being a !!bad thing!! if your commander took a hit from a stray arrow, I wouldn't think that any commander that was leading 'from the back', as they say, would suffer any ill effects from having poor morale.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile

I'm not sure, all I can say is that the number of battles where I've lost simply because my Commander decided that he'd have enough being in the sun is nonzero. And the situation downgraded (upgraded?) from "tragedy" to "tragical farce".

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... and that is why nations with cheap, easy access to 2S2A mages (only 155g and not slow to recruit) need to be crushed immediately, preferably before they learn Thunder Strike.  (Ouch.)

Might've been different if my flyers had decided to actually attack the back ranks instead of the huge wall of glamor troops... but such is life.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well if you're going to crush me; crush me. Don't make camp for 5 months while I finish essential research.  ::)
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your capital scares us. We'd much rather you just died quietly, due to running out of candles.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14