Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whence from here?

I'm not in a hurry; we're bound to find a sucker replacement eventually.
- 1 (20%)
Onward, even if we have a shambling zombie nation!
- 0 (0%)
Let it end, oh please let it end!
- 4 (80%)
You say you need a sucker replacement? Well, I AM that sucker replacement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 22: Even Worstester Things: called due to Foul weather  (Read 25710 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I'll live with my mistakes.  :(
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AI/UI-intensive patch just posted [Edit: and by "posted", I mean "was announced as being released", not "actually queued up and started downloading"][Edit 2: now I mean "is downloaded"]. For now, I'm not delaying.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:59:25 pm by E. Albright »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I curated this list of UI changes from the changelog, for anyone interested.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Albright, some random NationGen questions - what was the reasoning behind the decision to go with randomized elder mages, but fixed scouts/commanders/priests/trainee & senior mages for the Foulspawn?

Another question: I see that some nations got national spells - how are those decided? From what I can see, they're all lifted from base nations, not randomly generated (I can only imagine the headache of trying to get something like that balanced!) - is the ability to cast the spell(s) by the national mages factored in at all? Are the spells purely gravy for the nations that got them, or is there a balancing cost somewhere?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is the ability to cast the spell(s) by the national mages factored in at all?

For the record, my national spell is an ED spell, and I have no national mages with death paths.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Priests/scouts/commanders/low-tier-mages not randomizing is basically a "conservation of unit ID" thing. FS nations are already absolute hogs about eating up unit IDs, and at a certain point the engine starts making rumbling noises in response. Having some commanders fixed helps slow the arrival of that moment.

Available spells are based on available paths for a nation (generally all paths for a spell/set of related spells aren't necessary, but having all increases the odds), national race, and national themes. Right now the only custom spells out there are an earth-based communion analogue that only pale ones have a chance to get.

Full lists are under data/spells/...

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry to do this to y'all in the early game, but I'm camping this weekend, and so won't be doing any turns until Sunday evening (America time). I had hoped to get one more turn in tonight, but the stars were not in my favor.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh, LS has been down for a day anyway. A fast start just wasn't in the cards.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How is it that we've still got two outstanding turns?

I mean, it's no surprise that Karlito's turn isn't in, since they said that they'd be away till sometime tonight... but who's the slacker that's taken several days to finish turn 3?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Puzzlemaker.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ohshit sorry

Sent in

I kept slacking because I knew someone else was slacking, then forgot about it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:43:42 pm by Puzzlemaker »
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what I love to see? Two foreign capitals on turn 3. :/

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what I love to see? Two foreign capitals on turn 3. :/
With your scout, hopefully.

It's weird - the map's big enough that we really shouldn't be tripping over one another so early, yet here my expansion army is right next to another expansion army on turn 3.

Edit: could we get a list with all the players alongside their nations? Yes, I know I can look it up myself by cross-referencing the player list with the pastebin entries... but that seems far harder than it need be.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I usually get confused with players, too - thats why I made that nice list in round21, just easy to pm ppl and all that if the names are hyperlinked.

Also: Maybe the Thrones shuffeld the player capitals around?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did some tests on this map with this many thrones, and it was nothing like this. This is absurd, even if it seems completely typical for the MP games I play. Shades of 4.10...

Also, no, not "with your scout". More like "with your Drakon"... :-\

[First post now has nations by names]

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:49:51 am by E. Albright »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14