Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whence from here?

I'm not in a hurry; we're bound to find a sucker replacement eventually.
- 1 (20%)
Onward, even if we have a shambling zombie nation!
- 0 (0%)
Let it end, oh please let it end!
- 4 (80%)
You say you need a sucker replacement? Well, I AM that sucker replacement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 22: Even Worstester Things: called due to Foul weather  (Read 25709 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So which one of you was #8, or do we have an interloper?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Me.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Work has sucked up most of my weekend. I'll look into it tonight. Sorry about that.
Off with his head!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Patience, patience. We need them to submit a body with a head first...

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, in the interests of not just starting promptly. but also of having players whose schedules can currently handle this micromanagement hell, the game will start at or around 0000 UTC tonight, be it with 8 players or be it with 9.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Probably with 9 players, seeing as I just sent my pretender in. Finally.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arrrrrrrgh, all Unexpected Nations again...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At least they appear to be in order.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The first mercenary is Ugrek. How fitting.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, did my first turn.  This is going to be interesting.  Bleh.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to go in like 3 different directions, all at once.

Do I want to make my starting commander prophet? He sucks, but he's there.

Starting scout? No command ability, and I just know I'll have him 'sneak' into a province when I need him fighting at some point.

Elite commander? Can go amphibious. Can lead 80.

Flying commander? Flies! Can lead 120. Expensive.

Of course, the second two both require an extra turn and mean my research and expansion is that much further behind...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:05:00 pm by AlStar »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AHAHAHAHA I SUCK SO MUCH AT THIS GAME

Yeah so I probably lost in the first turn, hahaha.  Wow.  Sent my pretender as part of my army against a province and she just... died...

Sooo yeah... I may just bow out now, or something.  I am an idiot.

Edit:  Would it be possible to re-do last turn?  That was gloriously stupid of me.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 10:09:59 pm by Puzzlemaker »
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your priests can call her back, though, if you need her for something. That doesn't really seem like a good reason for a do-over to me.

P.S. Immortal pretenders who stay in their own dominion don't have that problem as long as you hold your capital.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not really sympathetic regarding a decision to send a pretender out on turn 1 blind. There are some pretenders that I'd feel okay doing it with, but none of them are on the list of pretenders that I'd suspect Freakazoidette, Princess of Earthquakes, the Invincible and Ever-triumphant might be. In any case, if you send something out blind, you need to make peace with the idea of it immediately dying. It's a nice big gamble to jump-start your expansion... but it's a big gamble.

It's 50 priest-level-turns to recall a pretender. That's not nothing, but at this point it'll probably mostly end up being like she's imprisoned or sleeping and a half. You still have all the other resources of your nation (holy Hell, I hadn't really looked very closely at most of the other nations; your sacreds are vile abominations), and it's not like the rest of us are perforce in enviable circumstances. I can assure you I'm not.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The pretenders paths will also be reduced by 1 across the board, incase you had specific globals or anything in mind.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14