Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whence from here?

I'm not in a hurry; we're bound to find a sucker replacement eventually.
- 1 (20%)
Onward, even if we have a shambling zombie nation!
- 0 (0%)
Let it end, oh please let it end!
- 4 (80%)
You say you need a sucker replacement? Well, I AM that sucker replacement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 22: Even Worstester Things: called due to Foul weather  (Read 25698 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AlStar: 16x1/8x2/0x3, 17 pts to win.

BFEL: we're actively re-visiting undersea nations today. I'll probably leave the roster generation coding to Elmokki, so I don't know when it'll come to fruition, though.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, that's an oversight on the montag unit labeling; elites and sacreds fall under the heading of "sacreds" internally rather than "elites", so the montag descriptions label the section as such. You have elites, not sacreds; sacreds have "Sacred" as the first attribute in their advanced description.

If you can't stand the thought of non-foul sacreds we can either do a full re-roll or just tweak your seed. Or I suppose I could manually edit your elites to be sacreds, and your sacred to be elite. That would probably be the easiest solution, come to think of it...

Ahh, that explains it. I think I'll just try to deal with it, possibly adjust my pretender design. The sobek sacreds seem competent-ish.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, right, technically THAT is the easiest solution.  :P

It should be slightly clearer in 0.6.16.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

24 thrones is a lot more than I'm used to playing with, but it should make it hard to rush them. We are talking about just more than 1 in 6 provinces being a throne province, but I guess that's just part of the masochism of the game. I guess the low level throne guardians usually aren't too hard to deal with.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Can Palazzo in?

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile

I'm okay with more people joining, but I'm just one player.

I must warn you though, there is a reason only masochists applied, micro-managing 4-6 subtypes of foul spawns per recruit-able unit makes EoFS look like Civ V.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm game for spreading the pain a bit thinner, and the selected map should still be okay with it.

Spoiler: Here, have a thing (click to show/hide)

Desert of Dust 1.1: https://mega.nz/#!rJ0A3LDC!z6lvfybOjuCKgU7xCSy3cm_UgnnrCkKkFcjqEgKi7OM

Ag-Manzon is the last nation on the list, and it's all yours...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll be curiously watching your suffering from a safe distance.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Apparently this was a thing while I wasn't looking so... Yeah. Joining to suffer with everyone else. The nation I was assigned was Talor, right? Just to be 100% clear?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stupid question, but how do I actually load this into the game to play with it?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know where your saved games are? Go up and you should find a mods folder. Extract the zip file in there so that the .dm is in the mods folder (not a subfolder named after the zip file).

Then you have to enable the mod in Dominions 4, in the Mods menu.

Then you can make a pretender.

When you are going to load the game, though, there's a bug in Dom4 which makes it fail to load the mod properly (and thus show no nations) unless you hit Create Game and back out (or re-load the mod, or another method) before trying to load the game. (Unless it's been fixed since the last time I played a nationgen game, but I don't think there's been a patch since then)

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:45:30 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll set up the game tomorrow, and we can hopefully be submitted and running by the weekend's end.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp looking at my nation in game... it's interesting.  My primary mage starts as an old geezer, with old age starting at 50 and the mage starting at 68, which is annoying.  But I also have a commander that gives me resource production bonus, so that's good.  Also some amphibian commanders.  Don't even know what kind of pretender I should have.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile

Make this game into pure perversion.
The Freak Lord with Nature and Blood. Just start churning out crossbreeds by the millions, unit production and summoning.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Game is posted. Submit pretenders at your leisure.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14