Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whence from here?

I'm not in a hurry; we're bound to find a sucker replacement eventually.
- 1 (20%)
Onward, even if we have a shambling zombie nation!
- 0 (0%)
Let it end, oh please let it end!
- 4 (80%)
You say you need a sucker replacement? Well, I AM that sucker replacement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 22: Even Worstester Things: called due to Foul weather  (Read 25692 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I am having a weird problem.  I keep trying to build priests, but they all come out as just sacred.  I checked, and they say they have priest level 1, so I don't know what's up with that.  Anyone else having a similar problem?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't duplicate that. Are you sure you aren't trying to recruit Temple Masters or Tomb Masters? Those two aren't priests, just sacred. When I recruit Anthamants, Mist Masters, Just Masters, Hands of Illustrious Deserts (or Callers of Illustrious Deserts), they all have H1 (or H2) as expected.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah it says level 1 priest on the unit when I try to build it.  Once it's built, it's different.  Interestingly enough it's not the only thing missing either.  Weird.

Edit:  Yep I am getting weird things happening in my game, I can't actually build any units so far.  Every new turn my units haven't been built.  Wat.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:02:11 pm by Puzzlemaker »
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My troubleshooting instincts suspect user error.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While I'm not willing to go right out and put the blame on Puzzlemaker, I will certainly mention that I've had exactly no problems with recruiting commanders and troops (besides the fact that I'm recruiting far fewer of the ones I want.)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say re-download and re-install the mod. That's the only "fix" I can think of.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My troubleshooting instincts suspect user error.

Yep it's probably my fault somehow.  I'll try re-downloading the mod and troubleshooting.  Just thought I would mention something to see if anyone else has had trouble/knows what I am doing wrong.

Augh.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are your orders otherwise processing? Commanders moving around and such?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is turn 7 and I can account for 2/3 of the players. Why are you all in my corner??

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm suddenly reminded of the density of the non-hoburg lands in 4.15. Is Ag-Manzon off in an empty corner of the map breeding like there's no tomorrow?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Don't worry - we're surrounded by these pesky throne provinces and can't get anywhere fun because of them.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is turn 7 and I can account for 2/3 of the players. Why are you all in my corner??

Because you have expanded really fast? :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I re-installed the mod and that seems to have fixed it, hooray.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd go with an assumption you were using the original pre-Il Palazzo version of the mod, which is superficially mostly the same but likely has a bunch of mismatched unit, etc. id numbers. I dunno, though. Glad to hear the messy mess is no longer messed up...

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd go with an assumption you were using the original pre-Il Palazzo version of the mod, which is superficially mostly the same but likely has a bunch of mismatched unit, etc. id numbers. I dunno, though. Glad to hear the messy mess is no longer messed up...

Yep, you are probably right.  Once I got it working it turns out that the units I was building were not the units I thought I was building.  Oh well, now to play catch up for the 8 turns I lose!  Also my pretender is dead because I am an idiot!  Yay! I am so screwed
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 06:03:45 pm by Puzzlemaker »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14