Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Warhammer 40K Underhive Settlement Reboot (See release thread)  (Read 10468 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K Underhive Settlement Reboot (Test version #5 up now!)
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2016, 03:04:12 pm »

Keep in mind that I didn't get your reports until I uploaded A5, so fixes for your reported problems won't be available until A6.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K Underhive Settlement Reboot (Test version #6 up now!)
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2016, 05:23:39 pm »

A6 is up now!

This version fixes all the reported/known bugs, but I have not tested all the new stuff yet so there are probably new bugs taking their place. Basically I got an opportunity to push a version today before I finished my current test fort, so I took it. If this one is buggier than usual that is why. It should be fine though...

For some reason after about a year into the fortress I lost the ability to make any more bread. I have 40 fungal flour in the stockpile, but the reaction says I don't.

After some consideration this appears to be a vanilla DF bug related to flour in barrels and reactions. Store your flour in a stockpile that disallows barrels.

I'm also on year four and haven't seen any guilder trade caravans yet, even though I made sure to start near them.

Guilder progress triggers were fairly restrictive, you needed a large settlement for them to show. This version reduces it to ~50 settlers or a equivalent amount of trade or production.

The rockcrete reaction for making Blocks only makes a single block per barrel of slurry, which kind of defeats the purpose.

You could actually get ~2-3 blocks per boulder, but I doubled block production across the board to make aboveground construction more reasonable. I think the max amount of blocks from a single boulder is now 10! but that requires chymicals and the best quality feed stock.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
  • Busy Being Worshiped By Alien Pagans
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2016, 02:27:51 pm »

A6 is up now!

So did you decide to use the tileset I rigged up? I hope they worked despite the problem with twbt. I don't feel right releasing it maybe you should. I sent you all the neccessary files.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:39:50 pm by Arcturus »

Arven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2016, 10:35:56 am »

I'd love to have a tileset! I've been throwing the one in from the old mod, but it doesn't work entirely right.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2016, 12:01:45 pm »

I just got (downloaded) the tileset files now. Hopefully there will be a full service tileset addon that can be applied at the user's discretion for A8. ("full service" tileset addons are those that install a tilesheet as well as the raw mappings for it)

In other news: A7 is ready to go!

This version is same as always, bugs fixed, features added. I think there will be one more test version adding features, and then it will be time for intensive testing and a public "stable" version. I may do one more bugfix test version after the last features test version, but I can't see doing many more than that. In other words, A8 or A9 will be the last test version, after that I will make a new thread in releases and call it "2.0".

Arven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K Underhive Settlement Reboot (Test version #7 up now!)
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2016, 04:10:19 pm »

Okay, finally getting to sit down and play again, I'll update this post with bugs as I find them.

Bugs
Charcoal reaction in Fuel Smelter is asking for Yarn Logs
The stoneworking category shows Unused on then top tier skills menu
My surface crops keep disappearing and I'm not sure why yet... I think the storms might be destroying them?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 04:50:14 pm by Arven »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2016, 04:43:11 pm »

The charcoal thing is me forgetting to fix an old wood workaround... It almost certainly affects the ash reaction too. If you need to make charcoal (and don't want to wait) just remove [YARN] after the wood reagent.

Arven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2016, 08:15:49 pm »

Surface crops were definitely getting destroyed by storms, completely enclosing them with walls and ceiling stopped that from happening. That's fine if how it's meant to be, but storms happen pretty much non-stop regardless of the biome, so it'd probably be a good idea to do a FYI for people if that's working as intended.

On two games now I've had the lho that I planted in fall never get harvested, but I wasn't paying attention either time... I just noticed in the following spring that I had no harvested lho or lho seeds left. I'm not sure if I screwed up or if there was a bug there.

Finally got the guilders to show up... and they had worse stuff than the normal orlock carivan. No crates, just the generic fare you'd get from a dwarf caravan  in vanilla (food, drink, cloth, silk, leather, toys, crappy armor, caged animals, etc).

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2016, 11:57:19 am »

Guilders will only bring crates if you order them (its an issue with Libs/Crates that I need to fix), and I think I forgot to add a trade rep for the guilders... Oops.

I haven't test lho yet, but it should have the same seasons and growth duration that it had in the old mod. I want to overhaul growing seasons at some point, probably soon.

Crops getting destroyed by storms is unintended, but I think I'll leave it in. A note in the documentation is definitely in order though.

A8 is up now!

This version includes what is almost certainly the last bits of new content before I release a stable version. There will probably be 1-2 more test versions, but they will only contain bug fixes.

There are still some major features to add (in particular chaos cults), but I won't add them until the mod is stable and properly released.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2016, 12:40:11 pm »

There's something strange about this build graphically, I think it's messing with my AMD card (next card is definitely going to be an Nvidia). If I resize windows the game crashes, if I start full-screen, the game crashes. When I'm trying to embark, and press 'e' the game crashes. Lots of crashes when saving during worldgen too. 

edit: also resizing windows during play causes crashes :(
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:42:34 pm by Baijiu »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2016, 01:01:31 pm »

Crashing while resizing is probably due to TWBT (Text Will Be Text). TWBT forces an OpenGL PRINT_MODE, and it seems Toady messed up or something, because PRINT_MODE:STANDARD (which is effectively what TWBT uses) causes the game to lock up if you switch display modes in any way (resize the window, switch from windowed to fullscreen, etc). Pick a mode and stick with it, TWBT is well worth the minor issues. (BTW: You can still Alt+Tab out of fullscreen just fine)

The other crashes I have no idea. They should definitely not be happening, but as they do not happen for me I can't really track the problem down. Are you using the latest version? The first one or two versions had known embark crashes that only triggered sometimes. These crashes have since been fixed, so make sure you have the latest version.

Try setting your PRINT_MODE to "2D". If that fixes your problems then the culprit is TWBT, report your problems to the TWBT developer.

No new version today. I have a short list of things that need to be fixed, and a long list of things that need to be tested, but I have been playing too much Factorio to get anything done... sigh

I suppose I'll have to get back to work sooner rather than later, but the latest Factorio versions are just too cool to resist.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2016, 11:29:12 am »

Thanks! Changing PRINT_MODE totally worked. Already on my second embark, because I didn't prepare properly the first time around.  :o

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2016, 02:29:45 pm »

Watch out for dust storms! I had one go right over my wagon shortly after embark. The good news is that I now know why dust storms kill plants, the bad news is my sligs froze to death (citizens, dogs, and grox were fine), I lost all my bags, seeds, barrels, water, the wagon itself, etc. Apparently the game creates gas clouds at the lowest temperature where the material is a gas...

Tomorrow or the next day will probably see a new test version! After that there will either be one more test version or a stable release, depending on how quickly I get done testing.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K Underhive Settlement Reboot (Test version #9 up now!)
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2016, 12:10:30 pm »

OK, test version 9 is up now!

This version has a known bug: Growing lho doesn't work. You can grow the plants fine, but harvesting returns no results. I included my latest testing fort, so if you want to see the lho bug in action just load it up, unpause, and watch the lho farm (on the surface, lower left corner of the enclosure). Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K Underhive Settlement Reboot (Test version #9 up now!)
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2016, 12:37:18 pm »

I'n not in a situation where I can play right now, but I wanted to comment on the water situation. There was some confusion several posts back about the nature of water in the old mod. What they did was create a custom drink called 'water' and gave humans the [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT] tag; the custom water was technically alcohol, and humans forced to drink from normal, 'unclean' water would become tired more quickly and take breaks more often, just like dwarves do when deprived of alcohol. There wasn't any syndrome trickery involved, although there might have been with some on low-tier alcoholic drinks like Second Best; it's been a while and I don't really remember.

I fully intend to play this as soon as I get the opportunity; the Underhive was a great 34.11 classic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5