Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Outpost - City Building Game [IC]  (Read 4221 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
The Outpost - City Building Game [IC]
« on: July 07, 2016, 07:39:47 am »

Your group has been traveling, for the last 3, 4 days or was it 5? You lost count. Hunted by the orcs, followed by the goblins. You have been given a clear goal by the king, create a safe place for people to run away to, hide from the evil of this world. Your group consists of a holy girl, a dog lover, a cat, a dwarf, a dragon with pointy ears, a guy who is good at a lot of things, a miner and a general, who you don't really know much about, you don't even know his name. The general is a tall man, with dark skin wearing old adventuring clothes. He also wears a turban, which probably means he is one of the Radaak.
And there you are, on top of a hill. Some of you are sitting in the wagon, waiting for orders, others are discussing, looking at the map. You have to decide where to start the outpost. Will, it be in the cold mountains of north or in the jungles of the south? The more savage (tundra, swamp) the land is the more safe it will be, but the harder to survive.

This is the IC, for discussion, questions and joining post here.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:46:32 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost - City Building Game [IC]
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 07:42:49 am »

Citizens of the Outpost:

PC/Username means that the character is a PC.
Username/NPC means that the character is an NPC provided by somebody who posted in the OOC thread.
NPC/Name means that the character is an NPC created by the GM.

*PC/AbstractTraitorHero
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
*PC/Beneviento
*PC/Darth Jefe
*PC/Gwolfski
*PC/TheBiggerFish
*PC/Lorknis
*NPC/General
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:49:18 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 07:43:12 am »

RESERVED

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 07:43:30 am »

RESERVED

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 07:51:43 am »

Nestled in the wagon her staff clutched in her arms curled up sleeping peacefully a smile on her face.Her robe keeping her warm and providing a helpful softener to the wagon floor to help her sleep unimpeded.Throughout the journey Aurora has tryed to be fairly kind and optimistic but the stress of the journey seems to have finally caught up and she's been resting in the wagon for the past 3 hours.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 08:53:44 am »

Duncan was near the rear of the wagon when the wooden beast finally rested where it is now. Exhausted from many sleepless night, he could not yet rest until they were safe from danger. Taking his time, he would dig through the wagon (trying not to disturb the sleeping Aurora) and take an account of what they had left from the journey. Intermittently he would readjust his hat, which sat upon his orange hair, tied back to stay out of his eyes.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 09:42:08 am »

Duncan created a list of the supplies in the wagon.
Spoiler: Supply list (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:45:48 am by snow dwarf »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 10:15:32 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 10:17:32 am »

PTW
A goblin! The general shouts as he cuts the throat of a goblin spy.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 02:44:19 pm »

Gwolfski sits in the wagon, a faraway look on his face, an ale-soaked mug slipping from between his fingers..." 'A shwamp... not good... tundrah, it migh't do, but it won't be nice... Howeverr, it'll be shafer for the ush...., not niche for teh gobbos.... I perrrshon'lly like shwamps...

((A swamp is nice, venice anyone? Oh, I'll take out the sh's and ch's when my dwarf gets sober))
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 02:52:23 pm »

"Agreed, I'd rather a swamp than a tundra." Duncan said as he was head first in the wagon, his legs in the air.

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 04:07:56 pm »

Samire has been quietly observing the others from inside the wagon keeping an eye on the goods, as they hold the key to his survival. His gaze occasionally wanders to the wagon's flank fearing the goblins and orcs that may not be far behind.

"Agreed, I'd rather a swamp than a tundra." Duncan said as he was head first in the wagon, his legs in the air.
"Samire believes traveling through jungle is our best bet; there many places to hide amongst the plant life. We may discover resources necessary for survival along the way, and perhaps, we can find the swamps lands you two so desire," Samire replies in a low voice.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 04:23:15 pm »

((Damn, I wnted green but fine.))

Seems good. Maybe we can get some spice seeds. Also, if someone finds strawberries, get them. The whole plants.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 04:56:34 pm »

There might be better hunting on the tundra, but the swamp may keep us safer. Trapping might be an option as well. I agree on the choice to head south. I'll scout the route ahead, would t want more surprises like the one we just had.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 05:37:06 pm »

The general looking at the mountains in the north starts speaking. "We could settle in the mountains of the north. It would give us protection from one side and in case of emergency we could hide inside the mountain, but we have to decide as a whole. Where are we going? There are other options as well, but we must decide fast."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:40:22 pm by snow dwarf »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4