Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Outpost - City Building Game [IC]  (Read 4216 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost - City Building Game [IC]
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2016, 04:16:03 am »

Catten continues cutting the wood for the barricade and the shelter, while others build and start a fire. You worked for around 6 hours and all of you are thirsty. It's gonna get dark soon, you finished one side (six meter long) barricade and made a shelter from the tree branches, left by the trees you used for your barricade. The shelter is enough to house 6, maybe seven people and most of your items. You have still some wood, left over if you want to continue chopping the trees tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 04:19:44 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2016, 03:11:57 pm »

boil water to make it drinkable.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2016, 04:34:03 pm »

Use holy magic and simply purify the swamps water.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2016, 04:55:27 pm »

I think we should oragnize a night watch, just in case some monsters find us.

Catten hefts his trusty old battleaxe from the sheath on his back.

I could take first watch.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2016, 06:08:25 am »

Aurora purifies the water and everybody gets something to drink. Nothing happened during the night, however you can't say it was quiet. The swamp was full of different sounds and noises.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2016, 06:16:21 am »

Check the food stocks, continue barricade. Maybe build another hut, smaller this time.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2016, 06:27:22 am »

You have four days of food rations. Catten takes his trustworthy axe and begins cutting trees. You think that you will be able to finish two next sides of the barricade today. How will you want the entrance to look like? Will it be open, or something else? Where will you want to put the next hut inside, or outside the barricade? The big hut you built yesterday is outside the barricade. Meanwhile others have to decide what they will do today.

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2016, 03:20:43 pm »

boil water to make it drinkable.
((Simply boiling water doesn't necessarily make it drinkable, you need to filter it still let's leave that to the white mage instead.))

Samire looks for any pieces of wood that could be widdle into a spear for spearing fish in the swamps. Afterwards, he'll make himself familiar with area, marking trees with strange symbols allowing telling him which direction he has to go to arrive back at camp. (their meaning is only known by him atm.)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2016, 04:23:14 pm »

Leave it open for now. Make it so you can park the wagon across it to block it. Swamps are rich in clay. fact. We could make some clay bricks for a better house in the barricade. Make a makeshift clay kiln, out of clay. It's possible, i saw a youtube video on it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2016, 05:09:39 pm »

Forage for edibles.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2016, 05:30:10 am »

Also, plant a few strawberries.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2016, 08:23:29 am »

3 hours later
Catten plans ahead a lot, but he can't do all of this by himself and decides to stick to cutting trees for now, while others will help him with other things. He cuts three trees.  Samire makes a spear, marks 1 square kilometer of the swamp with symbols on the trees and he also catches 2 fish on the way. Fred finds 3 units (One unit is enough for one person per food time, food time is three times a day.) of different edible plants, however he has a hard time carrying it back. Meanwhile others plant a few strawberry seeds that Catten gave them outside the wall. They also started  constructing the clay klin, the klin will be a construction half dug and half build using clay, which should harden after some time. It has not been decided yet if to first make bricks and make a brick house or make another wooden shelter. A brick house would be much more long lasting, however it would take much longer than building a wooden shelter. It would also be much more comfortable to sleep in a brick house. Right now most of you sleep in the wagon, anyway and you just keep all your items outside, but if the wagon becomes a gate, it won't be possible to sleep in it anymore. The general also made a list of everything that you own. Aurora purified some water again, but she soon won't be able to keep up and you will have to find clean water.

((OOC: Right now that I think about the tent you wanted to make, you could have made the tent from the cloth covering the wagon.))
Spoiler: Supply List (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:18:39 am by snow dwarf »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2016, 01:29:04 pm »

Attempt to make a small shrine where I can rest and rejuvenate my powers more easily the shrine is dedicated to my former life the life in which my soul was blessed and I became a Favoured soul.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2016, 08:09:01 am »

You make a small shrine inside the walls, it takes you around half an hour.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]