Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395153 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0
« Reply #18345 on: January 26, 2017, 01:47:23 am »

So looking at news today it seems President Trump is actually delivering on his campaign promises. Halting immigration from predominantly muslim countries, cutting back the refugee program, signing an order to begin building the wall.

The absolute madman, a person in a position of political power is actually doing what he said he would.

That is exactly what we've been afraid of this entire time.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18346 on: January 26, 2017, 02:07:53 am »

So looking at news today it seems President Trump is actually delivering on his campaign promises. Halting immigration from predominantly muslim countries, cutting back the refugee program, signing an order to begin building the wall.

The absolute madman, a person in a position of political power is actually doing what he said he would.

That is exactly what we've been afraid of this entire time.

Sadly, the fact that he actually *IS* doing what he said he would is such a marked divergence from what the American public is used to that the very novelty of it, despite the horror of the things he promised, will make him very popular.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18347 on: January 26, 2017, 02:47:34 am »

Have we talked about the growing list of rogue government agency twitter handles yet? It's sad that employees of government agencies feel that they need to do this, and muzzling them should go directly against the 1st Amendment anyway.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18348 on: January 26, 2017, 03:47:06 am »

Any time there are politics, there is the "official" story, and then there is what really happened.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #18349 on: January 26, 2017, 03:51:18 am »

Any time there are politics, there is the "official" story, and then there is what really happened.

there are also ppl pretending to be whistle blowers for shit and giggles tho. it's the wonder of being jsut a @ on internet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18350 on: January 26, 2017, 04:05:13 am »

Get on the hype train

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18351 on: January 26, 2017, 04:40:01 am »

Get on the hype train
He also promised to bring back the jobs to USA's "worker class", which is quite impossible to actually do, since their semi-artisan-style jobs were mostly lost to automation, just like back in 19th century. And without support of that group, his chances of reelection exist only if they mass ban Latino's from voting.

Which to be fair, may be in the cards, seeing as Mr. Trump is sticking by his tale of several million of illegal voters existing and voting for Clinton, and is planning to start an investigation into "voter fraud" tomorrow. That's the first time I've seen a winner of the election complain about cheating, by the way.

Also, what the fuck is this shit? Trump administration: EPA studies, data must undergo political review before release. "Political review"? Of scientific studies?

It's hard to believe that Trump administration is only on it's third full working day, because they're fucking shit up at an unprecedented pace.
._.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18352 on: January 26, 2017, 04:43:32 am »

Oceana HAS ALWAYS been at war with Eastasia!!

ALWAYS!!  Everything else is FAKE NEWS! /s

Political review of scientific data is just the evolved form of Propagandamon, (It's one of those "didn't make the cut" pokemon)

See also, a few posts up. 

Any time there are politics, there is an "official" story, and then there is what actually happened.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:45:17 am by wierd »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18353 on: January 26, 2017, 04:45:38 am »

Unfortunately, political suppression of climate and ecology science is nothing new, it just hasn't been able to reach the Presidency since it came into vogue after Obama was elected. Here in North Carolina it's illegal for any government employee to talk about changes in sea level, and has been for some time.

Which is somewhat of an issue given part of this state is a mile-thick strip of land out in the ocean.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18354 on: January 26, 2017, 04:55:00 am »

He also promised to bring back the jobs to USA's "worker class", which is quite impossible to actually do, since their semi-artisan-style jobs were mostly lost to automation, just like back in 19th century. And without support of that group, his chances of reelection exist only if they mass ban Latino's from voting.
You've got quotes around a marxist term m8

marxism =/= trumpism

Likewise he started before he became Pressy

Which to be fair, may be in the cards, seeing as Mr. Trump is sticking by his tale of several million of illegal voters existing and voting for Clinton, and is planning to start an investigation into "voter fraud" tomorrow. That's the first time I've seen a winner of the election complain about cheating, by the way.
Bueno, he's living up to his word. It's not enough to complain about a broken system until you win, winning in a broken system is nowhere near the same as fixing a broken system. The USA has many states with easily abusable systems, I can't believe it's even possible to vote without citizenship
Obviously this is a messed up legal oversight which must be rectified ASAP. Proper neat to actually effect change, does the Orangutan deliver?! Fantastic

Also, what the fuck is this shit? Trump administration: EPA studies, data must undergo political review before release. "Political review"? Of scientific studies?
Ostriches and men
Today, Orangutan makes men into Ostriches

It's hard to believe that Trump administration is only on it's third full working day, because they're fucking shit up at an unprecedented pace.
Hype train has no brakes

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18355 on: January 26, 2017, 05:00:44 am »

And you guys haven't even mentioned that Trump is about to sign an executive order bringing back torture. It's another bit of terrible bad news per minute. To be honest, I can't understand how this whole train could keep going for e.g. one year let alone four years at this rate.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18356 on: January 26, 2017, 05:03:55 am »

Brit PM gonna try change his mind on waterboarding
So nothing's gonna happen, you gonna go full gitmobama

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18357 on: January 26, 2017, 05:05:19 am »

We're seeing the low-hanging fruit. So far, most of the things Trump has signed orders on are either entirely within his authority or are asking Congress for their cooperation. Things will get interesting when he begins expanding to shared authorities or faces reaction from Congress and the Supreme Court. I suspect when he can't just sign his dumb signature (seriously, look it up, he's got a trash-tier sig) and say "I Am the State, let it be done to My Will" it's not going to go smooth, as this is where his lack of experience will come into play.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18358 on: January 26, 2017, 05:11:48 am »

And you guys haven't even mentioned that Trump is about to sign an executive order bringing back torture. It's another bit of terrible bad news per minute. To be honest, I can't understand how this whole train could keep going for e.g. one year let alone four years at this rate.

Torture is one of those interesting things. In that it relies heavily on knowing the information in advance.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18359 on: January 26, 2017, 05:35:34 am »

MSH: He can do a lot of damage by himself. Take tariffs for exemple: the 1974 Trade Act let him impose tariffs of up to 15% for up to 150 days by himself. He can also pull out of stuff like NAFTA without Congress.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 ... 1249