Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395190 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0
« Reply #18330 on: January 25, 2017, 08:57:26 pm »

From that second link:

Trump said Langer described voters around him in line who did not look if they should be allowed to vote but were permitted to cast provisional ballots.

What does a legitimate voter look like?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18331 on: January 25, 2017, 09:03:35 pm »

Probably, when going by Trumps standards, they come conveniently color coded.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18332 on: January 25, 2017, 09:07:56 pm »

From that second link:

Trump said Langer described voters around him in line who did not look if they should be allowed to vote but were permitted to cast provisional ballots.

According to whoever told Trump or Langer the story, anybody but hispanic people. The color of their skin isn't mentioned, but it's pretty clear what was meant (or at least what Trump thinks it means) by that when Trump threw out the names of a bunch of Latin American countries. The entire ancedote is extremely vague because, like you ask, what does a legitmate voter look like? Answer: Whatever you want it to mean.

I, myself, was wondering what the heck a non-US citizen (who happens to be German) was doing in line in the first place trying to vote in a country they are not a citzen of. That's my takeaway from the ancedote, if it actually was Langer that had the experience and not someone else who told him the story. lateedit: Of course though, what I was wondering about is what Trump is applying to illegal immigrants.

What we don't know is what actually happened because it appears to be a 'I heard from a friend of a friend' ancedote.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:34:43 pm by smjjames »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18333 on: January 25, 2017, 09:39:57 pm »

So. How much of Trump's actions are the exact things Republicans didn't like Obama doing. Because honestly, I've been wondering that and can't find an exact number :P
So far Trump has been pretty opposite of Obama AFAIK.  Obama always had a calm and collected persona, even in the face of widespread criticism.  He was also fond of phrases like "we as a country must _____," emphasizing his audience over himself.  In terms of actions Trump hasn't had time to do anything of substance yet, US government is not that fast moving.  What he's started to do has little resemblance to the Obama administration.

Honestly the main thing Obama and Trump have in common at this point is White House staffers :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18334 on: January 25, 2017, 09:44:37 pm »

Honestly the main thing Obama and Trump have in common at this point is White House staffers :P

Politicians come and go, but Bureaucracy always remains.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18335 on: January 25, 2017, 09:53:00 pm »

So. How much of Trump's actions are the exact things Republicans didn't like Obama doing. Because honestly, I've been wondering that and can't find an exact number :P
So far Trump has been pretty opposite of Obama AFAIK.  Obama always had a calm and collected persona, even in the face of widespread criticism.  He was also fond of phrases like "we as a country must _____," emphasizing his audience over himself.  In terms of actions Trump hasn't had time to do anything of substance yet, US government is not that fast moving.  What he's started to do has little resemblance to the Obama administration.

And Trump has yet to do anything that would generate full blown and widespread criticism. He has done plenty already to generate widespread criticism, but nothing that would be full blown controversy or scandal, and he has yet to experience any kind of crisis. The closest Obama came to losing his cool was duing the Deepwater Horizon disaster when he demanded that BP cap that well.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #18336 on: January 25, 2017, 10:15:01 pm »

I'm going to try to make an overblown prediction that couldn't possibly come true:

"Donald Trump will order federal troops to fire on state officials in order to see his radical agenda enforced. This will follow nationwide, openly unconstitutional practices such as Stop and Frisk being mandated. Shortly after firing upon the state troops, Trump will declare war on a US ally. At some point -- probably before the war declaration, but possibly afterwards, he will declare the results of the 2020 election invalid and refuse to step down."

These are a few things that, currently, I do not believe could possibly come to pass. Let's see how long it takes for me to believe them.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:09:35 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18337 on: January 25, 2017, 10:21:13 pm »

More likely prediction:

Trump realizes that the president can't be sued; makes executive orders that directly enrich himself, his heirs, and his cabinet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18338 on: January 25, 2017, 10:27:49 pm »

I'm going to try to make an overblown prediction that couldn't possibly come true:

"Donald Trump will order federal troops to fire on state officials in order to see his radical agenda enforced. This will follow nationwide, openly unconstitutional practices such as Stop and Frisk being mandated. Shortly after firing upon the state troops, Trump will declare war on a US ally. At some point -- probably before the declaration, but possibly afterwards, he will declare the results of the 2020 election invalid and refuse to step down."

These are a few things that, currently, I do not believe could possibly come to pass. Let's see how long it takes for me to believe them.

I could see him refusing to step down if he loses in 2020, or at least make it a drawn out fight for every single vote that would make Florida 2000 look like nothing. After all, he willingly flirted with not accepting the results if Clinton won, even though it really didn't matter legally in that case.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:29:50 pm by smjjames »

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18339 on: January 25, 2017, 11:36:39 pm »

From that second link:

Well, in several states it is somebody who can produce government issued ID proving they are who they say they are.  In one case relayed by my father (who occasionally volunteered as a poll watcher), it means not being super shifty and muttering about how you had never done this before.

Okay, story time.  When I was about 8 my father came home from being a poll watcher.  He relayed to my mother while I was in the room that he had stopped two people from double voting.  They apparently had voted absentee and were also trying to vote in person.  I honestly don't even know if I am remembering things correctly and have no more details.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18340 on: January 25, 2017, 11:49:49 pm »

From that second link:

Well, in several states it is somebody who can produce government issued ID proving they are who they say they are.  In one case relayed by my father (who occasionally volunteered as a poll watcher), it means not being super shifty and muttering about how you had never done this before.

Just because you look shifty doesn't mean you're not a legitimate voter. Can you tell if someone is a legitimate voter just by looking at them?

Okay, story time.  When I was about 8 my father came home from being a poll watcher.  He relayed to my mother while I was in the room that he had stopped two people from double voting.  They apparently had voted absentee and were also trying to vote in person.  I honestly don't even know if I am remembering things correctly and have no more details.

Cool story. That's why there are poll watchers.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18341 on: January 26, 2017, 12:08:10 am »

What the FLYING SKELETAL CARP PTTG are you TRYING to unleash the circus?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18342 on: January 26, 2017, 12:25:42 am »

Nah man, that stuff toooootally can't happen. It's fiiiine, nah worries.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18343 on: January 26, 2017, 12:26:04 am »

STOP TAUNTING MURPHY!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #18344 on: January 26, 2017, 01:27:24 am »

So looking at news today it seems President Trump is actually delivering on his campaign promises. Halting immigration from predominantly muslim countries, cutting back the refugee program, signing an order to begin building the wall.

The absolute madman, a person in a position of political power is actually doing what he said he would.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 1249