Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393461 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0
« Reply #18150 on: January 23, 2017, 05:21:58 pm »

Trump clearly doesn't understand the Streissand Effect.

Few people would have cared or known whether the inauguration crowd in 2017 was bigger or smaller than in 2009. But Trump and Spicer just had to jump up and down and have a hissy fit about what was basically just the story of the day, thus ensuring their denial of reality is world media headlines.

So in other words he has a great ability to draw close scrutiny to every little thing that doesn't go his way, rather than just ignoring criticism, which would ensure it gets buried under the news, not become the news.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18151 on: January 23, 2017, 05:25:04 pm »

Putin could jump to Trump's aid by providing some 'authentic' Russian sattelite intel on inauguration square, like they tried with MH17
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18152 on: January 23, 2017, 05:48:59 pm »

I'm not actually sure Putin *wants* to come to Trump's aid.  Trump's got a term limit, Putin does not.  From a certain way of thinking, its in Putin's interest to let Trump dig his own grave.  To damage our image and strategic interests as much as possible before things go back to normal.  I mean look what the pair has already accomplished.  The story for years has been that Russia doesn't have free elections, Russia has a controlled press, Russia is an authoritarian regime.  Now the "leader of the free world" is spreading that message as well... about his own government, the US government.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18153 on: January 23, 2017, 05:59:50 pm »

So from interviews without them trying...

The Trump administration is suffering psychologically and feel like they are being attacked from all sides.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18154 on: January 23, 2017, 06:45:44 pm »

So, according to Gallup, Dubya bottomed out at 25% approval. I've found lower, but not included aggregates for some reason, so I guess they might not be reliable. Anyway, think Trump will beat it?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18155 on: January 23, 2017, 06:46:10 pm »

Because they are.

Only because they like to present "Alternative Facts".
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18156 on: January 23, 2017, 07:26:57 pm »

Don't worry, Trump will probably be out after 1 term. Three two-term presidents in a row (Clinton -> Bush -> Obama) hasn't happened since 1820. Four's never happened in American history.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:28:44 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18157 on: January 23, 2017, 07:30:13 pm »

Because they are.

In a manner of speaking... But I mean ALL SIDES! like... No one is on their side.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18158 on: January 23, 2017, 07:36:45 pm »

Spicer broke with the White House tradition of opening briefings with a question from The Associated Press. The AP was traditionally given the first question because it is a broadbased news cooperative that represents the largest swath of American newspapers, broadcasters and other kinds of news organisations.

Instead, Spicer initially called on a reporter from the New York Post, and he took questions from several news organisations that were rarely called on during the previous administration.

Just wait until they squeeze the Breitbart and Infowars guys in there then they can just round-robbin FOX / NYPost / Breitbart / Infowars.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18159 on: January 23, 2017, 07:40:54 pm »

Isn't NYP literally Daily Mail-tier? I seem to recall rejecting it categorically.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18160 on: January 23, 2017, 07:44:02 pm »

Yeah. It's definitly not the NYT. It's something I would not even want to wipe my ass with. I think there's the same-ish thing with the Washington Post vs Washington Times.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18161 on: January 23, 2017, 07:49:59 pm »

Yeah, David Brock (a guy who was a conservative journalist who jumped ship and wrote about it in his autobiography Blind By The Right) worked for the Washington Times and talks about the wacko editors. Basically, the editors were taking money directly from oil barons (Richard Mellon Scaife at the time) to write anti-Bill Clinton stories, relying on some extremely preposterous sources. e.g. Brock's boss told him they had an informant against Clinton in Arkansas, they went down there and it's some toothless hobo who lives in a tin shack, who claims to have detailed insider knowledge about the governor. But the Washington Times editors lapped this hobo-guys conspiracy theories right up and wrote the whole thing up as "reliable sources".
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:53:14 pm by Reelya »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:21:11 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18163 on: January 23, 2017, 08:04:13 pm »

Excuse me, but that's from NYP which we just determined was fake news. Please stop spreading your fake news Pope all over AmeriPol thread.
No Gods, No Masters.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18164 on: January 23, 2017, 08:20:10 pm »

There do indeed seem to be a lot of less-reliable sites covering it. It may indeed prove to be false news, which would be highly amusing.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 1249