Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1194 1195 [1196] 1197 1198 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395280 times)

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0
« Reply #17925 on: January 20, 2017, 11:29:13 pm »

Well, two things. One, America First was not exactly the best name to pick for his policy direction.

Two, "peace through strength" sounds a lot like the authoritarian government in V for Vendetta's slogan, "Strength through Unity, Unity through Faith".

Wasn't it Teddy Roosevelt who coined the phrase "Speak softly and carry a big stick"
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17926 on: January 20, 2017, 11:32:30 pm »

Two, "peace through strength" sounds a lot like the authoritarian government in V for Vendetta's slogan, "Strength through Unity, Unity through Faith".

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone involved with the US version is as charismatic or laden with alien supertechnology as Kane.

The statement itself is kinda' oldish, though. Reagan or before, with an idle check.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17927 on: January 20, 2017, 11:35:59 pm »

Well, I guess there's our reasoning why Trump won't be an authoritarian dictator. He has no interest in "unifying" the country one way or another.
I will be a president to all American -DT

I grew up in New York City, a town with different races, religions, and peoples. It breeds tolerance. - DT
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:37:35 pm by Sprin »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17928 on: January 20, 2017, 11:36:42 pm »

Well, I guess there's our reasoning why Trump won't be an authoritarian dictator. He has no interest in "unifying" the country one way or another.

Except the ones that criticize me, and probably the Muslims too. - DT's thoughts
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17929 on: January 20, 2017, 11:40:16 pm »

Except the ones that criticize me, and probably the Muslims too. - DT's thoughts

Well we won't have to worry about DT uniting anybody if half the country just hates him

phew dodged a bullet there didn't we

shit
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:43:33 pm by Sprin »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17930 on: January 20, 2017, 11:41:42 pm »

Gonna be a lot more than half...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17931 on: January 20, 2017, 11:45:31 pm »

Hey, maybe enough folks'll end up pissed off enough to form and maintain a supermajority long enough to get him kicked out of office one way or another. That'd be pretty historic. We've had impeachments and whatnot but I don't think anyone's been hit with a constitutional amendment scale backlash before.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17932 on: January 20, 2017, 11:53:43 pm »

https://myheartsisters.org/2009/06/04/monday-morning-heart-attacks/
The most common day of the week for a heart attack to occur is Monday.

Most heart attacks hit during the early morning hours between 4-10 a.m. when blood platelets are stickier and increased adrenaline released from the adrenal glands can trigger rupture of plaques in coronary arteries. Heart attacks occurring between 6 a.m. and noon were associated with the most damage, in a study reported in the cardiology journal Heart.

What Monday could be more of a system shock than taking 2 days off then starting your "President of the USA" job at age 70 the next Monday? My ridiculous prediction is that Trump suffers a heart attack while angrily tweeting about all the things people said since the inauguration, while squeezing out a log on the toilet first thing Monday morning.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17933 on: January 20, 2017, 11:54:28 pm »

Well, two things. One, America First was not exactly the best name to pick for his policy direction.

Wasn't it Teddy Roosevelt who coined the phrase "Speak softly and carry a big stick"

If he didn't coin it, he certainly popularized it to his image and legacy.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17934 on: January 20, 2017, 11:59:43 pm »

Hey, maybe enough folks'll end up pissed off enough to form and maintain a supermajority long enough to get him kicked out of office one way or another. That'd be pretty historic. We've had impeachments and whatnot but I don't think anyone's been hit with a constitutional amendment scale backlash before.

It is unclear what a convention for constitutional amendments called by the states would look like, but I imagine that if left leaning states called for one that several right leaning states would also demand one.  Don't be surprised if such a convention produces two sets of amendments, one doing things the left has salivated over for years, the other doing things the right has salivated over for decades.

https://myheartsisters.org/2009/06/04/monday-morning-heart-attacks/
The most common day of the week for a heart attack to occur is Monday.

Most heart attacks hit during the early morning hours between 4-10 a.m. when blood platelets are stickier and increased adrenaline released from the adrenal glands can trigger rupture of plaques in coronary arteries. Heart attacks occurring between 6 a.m. and noon were associated with the most damage, in a study reported in the cardiology journal Heart.

What Monday could be more of a system shock than taking 2 days off then starting your "President of the USA" job at age 70 the next Monday? My ridiculous prediction is that Trump suffers a heart attack while angrily tweeting about all the things people said since the inauguration, while on the toilet first thing Monday morning.

I have seen headlines indicating that The Donald has divested himself of a personal phone.  If true, he now has aides to angrily tweet while he conducts his morning constitutional.  How is that for a horrible job?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17935 on: January 21, 2017, 12:02:28 am »

The story I saw was that he had to switch to a custom secured phone, so he still has one. Much to his PR team's chagrin, I'm sure.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17936 on: January 21, 2017, 12:05:43 am »

On the bright side Donald Trump is too narcisistic to make any subtle moves, everything he does will have his name in solid gold letter while he tweets about how great it is.

!!TRANSPARENCY!!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17937 on: January 21, 2017, 12:07:02 am »

Wasn't the authoritarian governments leader in that movie a 'If Hitler was British...' sort of portrayal? The fictional government there did have some heavy fascist overtones I think.

The story I saw was that he had to switch to a custom secured phone, so he still has one. Much to his PR team's chagrin, I'm sure.

Obama had to do the same thing as well.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17938 on: January 21, 2017, 12:08:42 am »

I have seen headlines indicating that The Donald has divested himself of a personal phone.  If true, he now has aides to angrily tweet while he conducts his morning constitutional.  How is that for a horrible job?

Yes, but he'll be on the toilet now wondering what people are tweeting and be anxious since he's used to having a phone. Stress is caused by anything out of the ordinary, and lacking access to something you usually use could cause stress.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17939 on: January 21, 2017, 12:33:52 am »

That sounds an awful lot like social media addiction...
Pages: 1 ... 1194 1195 [1196] 1197 1198 ... 1249