Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388875 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0
« Reply #17880 on: January 20, 2017, 05:46:04 pm »

That's nothing.  There are apparently some riots going on.  He really hasn't done anything yet, is it worth doing that right this second?
They gotta keep the fire burning, so to do that they start burning to make fire

This is for them a great opportunity to show their displeasure from day 1, when all the cameras are watching and broadcasting

Is it worth it? Well, it costs them nothing to pay some protestors whilst the message is stronk

Oh come on, not this bullshit again.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17881 on: January 20, 2017, 05:47:23 pm »

Is it worth it? Well, it costs them nothing to pay some protestors whilst the message is stronk

Eh?

Anyhow, he's not off to a great start if he's already broken promises. Still got at least 1,460 days of this left.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17882 on: January 20, 2017, 05:55:24 pm »

They gotta keep the fire burning, so to do that they start burning to make fire

This is for them a great opportunity to show their displeasure from day 1, when all the cameras are watching and broadcasting

There's a few people I know seem to be regarding it as petty and childish.  That doesn't sound strong to me.  And if it wasn't like this when Obama was elected, then they might use that to validate that opinion. 
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #17883 on: January 20, 2017, 07:06:40 pm »

I was reasonably specific when I was in here a few days ago, but as anticipated, it wasn't sufficient.  Removed some pages of posts.  I don't feel like making room for a 7th entry on BFEL's moderation log, so I'm done with that.  Sorry for those caught in the mess whose unrelated posts were removed.

Please keep it together.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17884 on: January 20, 2017, 07:10:14 pm »

I was reasonably specific when I was in here a few days ago, but as anticipated, it wasn't sufficient.  Removed some pages of posts.  I don't feel like making room for a 7th entry on BFEL's moderation log, so I'm done with that.  Sorry for those caught in the mess whose unrelated posts were removed.

Please keep it together.

Seven? Dang. In the other thread, I thought he'd just get a temp-mute, but if he's been in way more trouble than that, okay.

I (and a few others) did try to call for things to calm down.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17885 on: January 20, 2017, 07:11:41 pm »

Please keep it together.
7 xD BFEL is great
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17886 on: January 20, 2017, 07:12:43 pm »

Wat

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17887 on: January 20, 2017, 07:13:41 pm »

He memed too dank too greedilly

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17888 on: January 20, 2017, 07:17:29 pm »

RIP bfel

* Sings Amazing Grace

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17889 on: January 20, 2017, 07:21:52 pm »

RIP bfel

* Sings Amazing Grace
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17890 on: January 20, 2017, 07:25:34 pm »

(;_;)7

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17891 on: January 20, 2017, 07:27:19 pm »

On the whole and all together, it is little wonder there were quite the disturbance in Washington D.C. today. It has been such an ugly show, all throughout. By experience, any rally of a proper size have to be quite careful with what it is doing, because big, nasty events with a chance of disturbance tends to attract riot-randy sods who are mostly there for re-creational purposes. Add a great, big spoonfull of genuine concern and resentment. Stir thoroughly.

Now, all things considered, I do hope that he can, and more to the point would, make America great again. One never knows, after all. Anything is evidently possible, and there might be more to this story than a four year corporate puppet theatre.

Of course, he is no Putin, and will never, ever be close to one. That is impossible.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:34:20 pm by Silverthrone »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17892 on: January 20, 2017, 07:30:13 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17893 on: January 20, 2017, 07:32:50 pm »

Forget "Make America Great Again" ... "Make America Same Again" would be sufficiently relieving for most people right now.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17894 on: January 20, 2017, 07:32:58 pm »

In brighter (and liberal news) : California proposes ambitious new climate goals. Go California! We rebels! We rebels!, Yeah! lol

California might be about to lose its ability to set its own CAFE standards.  That would...rather hurt their ability to meet their climate targets in any fashion.

On the whole and all together, it is little wonder there were quite the disturbance in Washington D.C. today. It has been such an ugly show, all throughout. Be experience, any rally of a proper size have to be quite careful with what it is doing, because big, nasty events with a chance of disturbance tends to attract riot-randy sods who is mostly there for re-creational purposes. Add a great, big spoonfull of genuine concern and resentment. Stir thoroughly.

The left has been actively courting black-shirts for a while.  They should not be surprised when those black-shirts start destroying things in their name and generally tarnishing the liberal brand more than Trump is tarnishing the conservative brand.  Part of why the civil rights movement stuck to a code of non-violence was because it made it much easier to throw the problem people into the sausage-mill of justice and be able to tell the general populace "we are peaceful, the violence comes from the oppressors!"  If they hadn't had a policy of non-violence, they would have alienated the moderates who they needed to have on their side and ultimately would have failed.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 1249