Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1184 1185 [1186] 1187 1188 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388981 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: 2016, Version 2.0
« Reply #17775 on: January 20, 2017, 01:36:08 am »

So, never

Thank heaven for small miracles. Maybe we'll be lucky and he'll send four years preparing for his first day.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17776 on: January 20, 2017, 04:44:18 am »

This is a guy who:

1) Funneled huge amounts of money through false charities to buy personal status symbols for his his real-estate holdings and other bullshit.
2) Is a real-estate magnate in NEW YORK
3) Has a loooooooong history of NEVER PAYING FOR WORK HE COMISSIONS
4) Has YET to make a salient sentence on twitter
5) Has YET to give a really clear policy agenda
6) Has severe symptoms of some kind of delusion of grandeur type disorder, possibly a poster child for Dunning-Kruger?

And you expect there is a time we could EVER trust him?

Hey, that's not true, he usually ends up paying most of what he commissions (though not the full amount). And I'm sure he must have paid the full amount a lot of times.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17777 on: January 20, 2017, 05:03:24 am »

I wonder if president number 45 has the answers to life, the universe and everything.

NSA-EDIT: Trump says: the answer to life is: the death penalty. The universe is a hoax made up by climatologists, and everything belongs to me.

EDIT Ohwait. I was 42 now was it. Oops, it's too early to be making fun.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 05:05:18 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17778 on: January 20, 2017, 06:34:30 am »

...So Clinton was the answer to the question of life?
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17779 on: January 20, 2017, 06:38:35 am »

In The Beginning, there was the Cigar
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17780 on: January 20, 2017, 06:40:44 am »

And then God said, "let there be sluts", and there was sluts. God saw that the sluts were good, and God separated the sluts from the Hillary.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17781 on: January 20, 2017, 06:54:59 am »

I felt this inauguration requires something to feel complete, something particular.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17782 on: January 20, 2017, 07:00:02 am »

The remarks came hours after the President-elect's incoming White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Trump is planning to sign a series of executive orders beginning Friday, though Spicer said Trump is "still working through which ones he wants to deal with tomorrow versus Monday or Tuesday."

I notice the wording there "tomorrow" (being Friday, from context) vs "Monday or Tuesday". The point being Trump is signaling that at best he's still going to do sweet FA on Saturday or Sunday. But he will have signed a few preprepared things on Friday so that covers his ass if the media later say he did nothing for 3 days.

This is really bad planning or just shows that he doesn't get even the basics of the job he's started. The 10 weeks between the election and inauguration is when he would have been excused in taking a family break. Not the first 72 hours on the job. But he's got the "I'm the boss, nobody tells me when to do anything" attitude. But the President is not the boss. Trump basically doesn't understand the difference between being an owner and a civil servant.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:05:24 am by Reelya »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17783 on: January 20, 2017, 07:21:08 am »

On the bright side, that attitude might just be the kind of curb on the executive presidency that everyone says the US need.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #17784 on: January 20, 2017, 07:24:18 am »

Nyeeeeeh... I am of worry and am worry. I have little to no confidence in his administration doing right by the U.S. Nggggh...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17785 on: January 20, 2017, 07:26:27 am »

I felt this inauguration requires something to feel complete, something particular.

That reads a lot like an HP Lovecraft short story... 

Tell me now, kids, DID you read from the unholy black book and wish for ultimate evil? Granted, Trump's coprulent and otherworldly appearance COULD possibly signify that he was fathered by Yog Sothoth, (I mean, he COULD have horrible purple suction cups under that oversize business suit, who's to say?) but seriously--

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17786 on: January 20, 2017, 07:38:40 am »

Welp, like Sheb said, at least it will (hopefuly) re-teach americans to stop thinking of their president as a carebear jesus thing and start being more critic of what the executive is doing, something thats been rather scarce in the last 8 years.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17787 on: January 20, 2017, 07:39:58 am »

Shhh--- You will ruin their narratives that the president is a magical being who can shit law regardless of what the legislature says!

(If they dont trust it when the WRONG lizard is in office, and thus seek to hobble the executive like actual, engaged, and informed citizens-- how will the establishment milk them and cajole them into ceding more and more power over?!)

/s
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:42:34 am by wierd »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17788 on: January 20, 2017, 07:49:49 am »

Welp, like Sheb said, at least it will (hopefuly) re-teach americans to stop thinking of their president as a carebear jesus thing and start being more critic of what the executive is doing, something thats been rather scarce in the last 8 years.

Hey, plenty of people have been critics of what the executive is doing. And Obama hasn't ruled that much by executive orders, compared to the previous presidents. It's more than with the gridlock in Congress, the trend toward more executive style of government has continued.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17789 on: January 20, 2017, 08:23:43 am »

That reads a lot like an HP Lovecraft short story... 

It's technically a prose poem/short story. Seemed like a peculiarly good fit, truth be told, though I guess the idea that Donald Trump hilariously resembles the Antichrist is nothing new.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:25:34 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 1184 1185 [1186] 1187 1188 ... 1249