Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389089 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: 2016, Version 2.0
« Reply #17700 on: January 18, 2017, 04:21:40 pm »

Journalists started this shit by lying their pants off, they made their fake news grave and they can lie in it
Did they though?
Yep, no loyalty to facts, only loyalty to allies. News shouldn't have allies but whatever, fake news is not fake when they say it, because they have money and money = true
Have some nutritious information

Fake news = anyone who doesn't agree with Trump. Gimme a break please.
Do you really think people shat on Buzzfeed and CNN because they opposed trump, or because they've always been lying poo?
I think it's because they're lying poo. Kill Buzzfeed and CNN, give all market share to bastion of freedom and truth British Broadcasting Corporation News

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17701 on: January 18, 2017, 04:50:10 pm »

Buzzfeed was alway crap, but this time, they, and CNN, are getting jumped because they aren't bending over for Trump and blindly repeating whatever he says. The "lying poo" in this case has, is, and probably will be Trump and his lackeys.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17702 on: January 18, 2017, 05:01:15 pm »

Yep, no loyalty to facts, only loyalty to allies. News shouldn't have allies but whatever, fake news is not fake when they say it, because they have money and money = true
Quote from: The Peanut Gallery
*Funding from Clinton stops*
"Omg guys..... We are propagandists HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?"

Really makes you think.

Buzzfeed was alway crap, but this time, they, and CNN, are getting jumped because they aren't bending over for Trump and blindly repeating whatever he says. The "lying poo" in this case has, is, and probably will be Trump and his lackeys.

CNN has been very quick to jump onto ridiculous anti-Trump stories without even the barest minimum of fact checking, and their parent company was one of the Clinton campaign's top 10 donors. They also get caught doing shady shit all the time.

Where I found all of those. There's plenty more there than what I put in this post, though I admit there's plenty of nonsense to sift through too.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 05:05:57 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17703 on: January 18, 2017, 05:23:50 pm »

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/face-body/trumps-ex-and-daughter-denied-free-hairstyling-for-inauguration/news-story/ba7386c44b28d1ab3e548bcfcf87c7a9

“You are messing with the president of the United States,” the menacing message said. “I don’t think you realise the power my clients have. That your reputation could just as much be on the line.”

Basically a hollywood hairstylist wouldn't give free 'do's to Marla Maples and Tiffany Trump for the inauguration, so she ends up getting a message that sounds like they're going to put a 'mob hit' on the woman. What is this, The Sopranos? These people are really a new breed of low class.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 05:26:45 pm by Reelya »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17704 on: January 18, 2017, 05:28:04 pm »

But they didn't mean it! It's just banter!

/s

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17705 on: January 18, 2017, 05:31:13 pm »

It is fake news anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17706 on: January 18, 2017, 05:32:27 pm »

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/face-body/trumps-ex-and-daughter-denied-free-hairstyling-for-inauguration/news-story/ba7386c44b28d1ab3e548bcfcf87c7a9

“You are messing with the president of the United States,” the menacing message said. “I don’t think you realise the power my clients have. That your reputation could just as much be on the line.”

Basically a hollywood hairstylist wouldn't give free 'do's to Marla Maples and Tiffany Trump for the inauguration, so she ends up getting a message that sounds like they're going to put a 'mob hit' on the woman. What is this, The Sopranos? These people are really a new breed of low class.
Can you provide a non-tabloid source for this?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17707 on: January 18, 2017, 05:35:05 pm »

The centipede strikes the viper for the viper refuses to obey, that does not change the fact that the nature of both is venomous fangs, and it is pleasing to watch them bleed dollars. Fingers crossed, Buzzfeed and CNN gonna get gawkered in current year +2

Quote from: The Peanut Gallery
*Funding from Clinton stops*
"Omg guys..... We are propagandists HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?"
Really makes you think.
Pure coincidence

Can you provide a non-tabloid source for this?
Fake news doesn't need sources lol

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17708 on: January 18, 2017, 11:27:20 pm »

McCain caved under peer pressure despite being on his last term and being theoretically immune to such things, but I guess Republican's "fall in line" command is encoded on a reflexive level, and so he "leans towards voting" for Tillerson on committee hearings. Tillerson is the one who has direct business ties to Russian government, oil sector specifically, and got a medal from it for making a large oil deal that went "poof" when sanctions hit. And now it looks like he'll be the Secretary of State head of State Department, probably the highest appointed position in the government - taken by a person with history of pro-Russian deals.

Putin just can't stop winning, can he?
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17709 on: January 18, 2017, 11:33:52 pm »

I love the facepalm photo they found for the article.

I don't see any facepalm photo. Though yeah, not surprising that he backed out of his word.

McCain caved under peer pressure despite being on his last term and being theoretically immune to such things, but I guess Republican's "fall in line" command is encoded on a reflexive level, and so he "leans towards voting" for Tillerson on committee hearings. Tillerson is the one who has direct business ties to Russian government, oil sector specifically, and got a medal from it for making a large oil deal that went "poof" when sanctions hit. And now it looks like he'll be the Secretary of State head of State Department, probably the highest appointed position in the government - taken by a person with history of pro-Russian deals.

Putin just can't stop winning, can he?

McCain isn't the only person Tillerson has to worry about as far as being confirmed or not. Even if just Rubio votes no, he could block the confirmation. The GOP will probably just force the vote to the floor anyway and make it pass there.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17710 on: January 18, 2017, 11:48:08 pm »

Rubio is the One Who Was Promised, if anybody is. His most pro-Trump move was reluctantly endorsing him for two months than dropping him like a spike-covered baby after Pussygate. This is the face of a man haunted by the world he could not save.

Quote from: Marco Rubio
I'm prepared to do what's right.

Come on you hot Cuban son of a bitch, fulfill the prophecy, do it for America!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17711 on: January 18, 2017, 11:54:46 pm »

The centipede strikes the viper for the viper refuses to obey, that does not change the fact that the nature of both is venomous fangs, and it is pleasing to watch them bleed dollars. Fingers crossed, Buzzfeed and CNN gonna get gawkered in current year +2

The issue is less that CNN is rightfully being called out on its shady news practices and more... Trump is trying to control the media by holding White House news captive... Or at least it seems that way.

Trump is acting like a game publisher who stops sending a reviewer advance copies because he gave one of their games a bad review... Or at least it seems that way.

Besides it is Fake news that the news is Fake News :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17712 on: January 19, 2017, 12:01:19 am »

Can anyone link me to the CNN article that Trump is all "fake news" about? I know it's old, but there are multiple things about it on the website and I don't want to read the wrong one (such as one written post-"fake news" and them either walking back or supporting it) and then comment.

Having not read it, I was under the impression that they basically said it was all unsubstantiated at that point, but that Obama and Trumo had been briefed on it, that they at least took the time to check out sources and say it wasn't necessarily factual stuff they were talking about (or something like that) but Trump/Obama had been shown it, whereas Buzzfeed did the publishing of the stuff in full without saying anything about sources or stuff like that.

This is an issue I have with things like this; it all seems interesting and stuff at the time but I forget about it and don't read it. Silly me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17713 on: January 19, 2017, 12:01:36 am »

The issue is less that CNN is rightfully being called out on its shady news practices and more... Trump is trying to control the media by holding White House news captive... Or at least it seems that way.

Trump is acting like a game publisher who stops sending a reviewer advance copies because he gave one of their games a bad review... Or at least it seems that way.

Besides it is Fake news that the news is Fake News :P

That's within the legal authority of the President. Sucks and it doesn't bode well, but the power of the pulpit is one of the core (and, as far as I'm concerned, should be the primary) power of the President.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17714 on: January 19, 2017, 12:03:53 am »

Trump isn't a reasonable person to have the pulpit. Anyone who criticizes him is incompetent if an individual a la John Lewis or is fake news a la CNN.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 ... 1249