Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1066 1067 [1068] 1069 1070 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1396017 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Language Enrichment Edition
« Reply #16005 on: December 19, 2016, 06:01:49 pm »

Someone in Texas's EC has apparently voted Ron Paul. It's happening!

Maybe that one guy who said that he wasn't going to vote Trump? Texas put him over the top regardless.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Language Enrichment Edition
« Reply #16006 on: December 19, 2016, 06:03:37 pm »

Actually, looking at the CNN page, there's two from Texas, one voted for Kasich, the other for Ron Paul.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16007 on: December 19, 2016, 06:04:17 pm »

So in other words, the initial assessment of Trump getting 305 out of 306 was fake news.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16008 on: December 19, 2016, 06:06:18 pm »

There are many things wrong with (politics in) SC, but roads? Seriously?

I've lived in both SC and MI and I will take SC roads any day.  Of course, using MI roads as a bar is not a challenge.

For those of you not familiar with the state of roads in MI: feel free to come visit!
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16009 on: December 19, 2016, 06:07:35 pm »

So in other words, the initial assessment of Trump getting 305 out of 306 was fake news.

To be fair, Kyle did say that it was his estimate, or guess.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16010 on: December 19, 2016, 06:16:15 pm »

For those of you not familiar with the state of roads in MI: feel free to come visit!
Not a bad nickname. MI: the State of the roads. Should be good for roadway blues tourism.

EDIt: Also, my condoleances, US, with Trump's election by the EC. Not unexpected, still tragic.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 06:23:14 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16011 on: December 19, 2016, 06:26:30 pm »

Not a bad nickname. MI: the State of the roads. Should be good for roadway blues tourism.

EDIt: Also, my condoleances, US, with Trump's election by the EC. Not unexpected, still tragic.

You still have the potential election of Geert Wilder coming up. ;)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16012 on: December 19, 2016, 06:33:22 pm »

So the last hope of liberty for now is CIA organizing a coup, overthrowing and outlawing Republican Party forever.

At least the first stage of the plan - killing and/or kidnapping POTUS, will be easier than usual, since he's neglected using Secret Service for bodyguard duty, instead opting out for hired mercenaries to do that work.
._.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16013 on: December 19, 2016, 06:35:45 pm »

No, the Secret Service is there too.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16014 on: December 19, 2016, 06:41:06 pm »

So the last hope of liberty for now is CIA organizing a coup, overthrowing and outlawing Republican Party forever.

At least the first stage of the plan - killing and/or kidnapping POTUS, will be easier than usual, since he's neglected using Secret Service for bodyguard duty, instead opting out for hired mercenaries to do that work.
No, the Secret Service is there too.

Yeah, the Secret Service is there, the issue is that the USSS are complaining that the private security services will get in the way, heighten the risk to Trump, among other things.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16015 on: December 19, 2016, 06:41:40 pm »

OK, but its efficiency will be greatly reduced by them being forced to work together with Trump's men. Same goes for them, too. There is usually a good reason why you don't hire several organizations, or install several antiviruses to defend you at the same time - they don't work well together.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16016 on: December 19, 2016, 06:49:51 pm »

That's what they're saying in the article. Same goes for the USSS wanting to do everything themselves even if in a friendly country.

Also, in the same vein, Trump Camp confirms that his private security chief likely WH bound.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16017 on: December 19, 2016, 06:56:05 pm »

http://www.cracked.com/blog/a-passionate-argument-with-my-inner-trump-supporter

I like this article. Wong makes an attempt to 'cross the aisle' so to speak and has a rhetorical conversation with his younger, more right-wing self, without really just using as a vehicle to promote how his current stance is obviously better (though YMMV on how well he makes an honest case for both sides).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16018 on: December 19, 2016, 07:16:54 pm »

Sadly even despite being convicted (or maybe even thanks to being convicted), his party is still rolling high eyes in the opinion polls :(
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16019 on: December 19, 2016, 07:22:12 pm »

Sadly even despite being convicted (or maybe even thanks to being convicted), his party is still rolling high eyes in the opinion polls :(

Prosecuting people for their views, odious as they may be, always seems to increase support for them. It pays to be the victim, it seems.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 1066 1067 [1068] 1069 1070 ... 1249