Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394956 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #15570 on: December 12, 2016, 05:30:36 pm »

There's certainly people who're already advocating any and all steps to resist President Elect Trump. I mean, the bits that I see are all on a college campus, so their competency doesn't even stretch far enough to do the Spanish translation of their shitty flyers properly, but that doesn't mean that there aren't people a few more steps up on the competent/dangerous scale with similar motivations.

@Lord Shonus: As I said earlier, China just set itself up for a trade war, whether it devolves into a hot one remains to be seen.

Are you willing to lay your life down for that?

Communist China has been playing the long game for more than a few decades and they're happy to keep playing it. Between drawing a line in the sand today and drawing it later when it parity instead of overmatch are two very different things. Of course, that same reasoning would mean that Operation Unthinkable should have been a go and the end of WWII should have simply been the prelude to III.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15571 on: December 12, 2016, 05:54:55 pm »

I got absolutely no hint of seriousness from Martinuzz's post, so I have to agree with Sheb here.

EDIT: Sergarr, most attitudes should be able to expressed as a joke. The best ones tend to have something rather taboo in them, after all.
It still looks horribly similar to what some other people have said, and said absolutely seriously.

And I don't think that genocide is one of those attitudes that should be a subject of a joke. Maybe it could, but usually it's just a cover for people who actually want it. You know, like with all the "jokes" about them dem dirty n-words and sinner gays?
Serg, just a few days ago you were talking about the "conservative menace." You know what the precursor to genocide is? Talking about how everyone with a particular characteristic or view is "dangerous," "cancerous," etc. (And before somebody says that genocide applies only to racial groups etc., not ideologies, remember the Nazi extermination of Communists?)

So you're one for talking, really.
Yes, I did that, and I was wrong for doing so. Very, very wrong. As you've said it yourself, we should avoid becoming authoritarian ourselves, and it took me way too long to snap from the liberal evil's alluring, in its simplicity, ideology of final victory at all costs. Sorry.
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15572 on: December 12, 2016, 06:01:24 pm »

Sergarr is the best Bay 12 troll since Pathos. Even LW and I cannot measure up to his Shrek-like layers of deception.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15573 on: December 12, 2016, 06:08:05 pm »

Since Sergarr abandoned the role, can I become the resident Putin shill? I think I'd be a pretty good shill
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #15574 on: December 12, 2016, 06:08:41 pm »

...it took me way too long to snap from the liberal evil's alluring, in its simplicity, ideology of final victory at all costs. Sorry...

Dang, the Conservative Crime Squad has already captured him and reprogrammed him!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15575 on: December 12, 2016, 06:12:19 pm »

Since Sergarr abandoned the role, can I become the resident Putin shill? I think I'd be a pretty good shill
I don't know, Guardian GI shows up to be the Putin shill occasionally. Also, you're going to need to know at least enough Russian to curse us out beyond cyka blyat.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15576 on: December 12, 2016, 06:17:25 pm »

I don't know, Guardian GI shows up to be the Putin shill occasionally. Also, you're going to need to know at least enough Russian to curse us out beyond cyka blyat.

Yob tvoiu mat'
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15577 on: December 12, 2016, 06:23:40 pm »

Yob tvoiu mat'

That'll work.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15578 on: December 12, 2016, 06:38:45 pm »

Russia is a perfect country and has never done anything wrong, why would you even suggest otherwise? V
^ .done ever has Russia bad everything justifying therefore bad something did America

That should more or less fulfill that need into perpetuity.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15579 on: December 12, 2016, 06:40:35 pm »

I can write fake cyrilic though.

PЦTIИ IS THЗ MДЙLIЭST ЗVЭЯ! ДИD HДS THЗ SHIЙIЭST PДTЗ!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15580 on: December 12, 2016, 06:59:46 pm »

I can write fake cyrilic though.

PЦTIИ IS THЗ MДЙLIЭST ЗVЭЯ! ДИD HДS THЗ SHIЙIЭST PДTЗ!

my eyes
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15581 on: December 12, 2016, 07:09:07 pm »

Shiniest Pate?

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15582 on: December 12, 2016, 07:31:30 pm »

Shiniest Pate?
That seems to be the intended meaning.

Baldpate.

Will that be the joke that will launch a thousand bears?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15583 on: December 12, 2016, 07:32:03 pm »

"Pate" means "the top of the head".
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1249