Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393591 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #14010 on: November 26, 2016, 12:18:17 pm »

The Clinton campaign is joining in the recount efforts.

I don't know if Trump cares if it got rigged in his favor, but since he was the one crying 'RIGGED!', seems like it would be a good idea for his campaign to join in, if only to show that the Republican party cares about the integrity of the votes.

edit: He slammed it (and Jill Stein) and called it a 'scam'. No surprise there.....
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:38:01 pm by smjjames »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14011 on: November 26, 2016, 06:05:51 pm »

And here I thought Trump was just being a sore loser because he was playing the Jester in the election... >_<

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14012 on: November 26, 2016, 06:12:03 pm »

http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/2016-exit-polls-did-hillaty-clinton-win-presidential-election-voter-fraud-donald-trump-lose-rigged/

Exit polls at least show some discrepancy, where more people polled leaving the booths said they voted for Clinton than actually did. There's probably some non-hacked explanation for that, but it's completely fair if people question that. That's why exit polls exist, and we know damn well if the exit polls had favored Trump but the vote count favored Clinton he'd be pulling the same shit. Trump really can't argue against a recount in circumstances where we know damn well he'd be doing the same.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14013 on: November 26, 2016, 06:21:10 pm »

You kidding Reelya? Trump was pulling this BEFORE the polls.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14014 on: November 26, 2016, 06:22:22 pm »

WTF is that meant to mean? Maybe you're having a bad comprehension day.

Quote from: me
we know damn well if the exit polls had favored Trump but the vote count favored Clinton he'd be pulling the same shit. Trump really can't argue against a recount in circumstances where we know damn well he'd be doing the same.

"We know damn well" precisely because of what he did before. This is also clearly a hypothetical situation in which Trump lost, which is why it's "he (would) be doing the same" rather than "is doing the same".

Now, do you have any actual coherent disagreement with what I said.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 06:39:03 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14015 on: November 26, 2016, 06:37:41 pm »

Before the polls were happening Trump pretty much started sore losering and talking about how fixed the elections are.

So yes... He was doing the whole caboodle before he even officially won.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14016 on: November 26, 2016, 06:39:25 pm »

But what does that have to do with anything I wrote. you're arguing with nothing.

My entire point was that it's ironic now that he's trying to stop recounts etc. So, duh, all your points are actually the point i already made. You're talking in a dismissing tone, but you've just repeated the basic premise behind what I wrote as if you're contradicting it, but you can't show any relationship between what I wrote and how you responded.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 06:46:39 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14017 on: November 26, 2016, 07:01:33 pm »

But what does that have to do with anything I wrote. you're arguing with nothing.

My entire point was that it's ironic now that he's trying to stop recounts etc. So, duh, all your points are actually the point i already made. You're talking in a dismissing tone, but you've just repeated the basic premise behind what I wrote as if you're contradicting it, but you can't show any relationship between what I wrote and how you responded.

Because I was agreeing with you and adding in that it is even worse then you indicate.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14018 on: November 26, 2016, 07:21:07 pm »

So you even manage to rile people up when you supposedly agree with them, by being specifically vague?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14019 on: November 26, 2016, 08:06:55 pm »

Well, you gotta give Stein one thing, she's not really "one of us" so if it winds up foolish it isn't like we haven't already disowned her for being a fuckup and stealing votes for a worthless cause anyways.
Please post something original. The snark sucks.
Uh, that was an original thought, and it's my own.
Alright, that's it, I'm formally predicting Bork is a computer of some description. So I have spoken, so it shall be, eventually.
Agreed.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14020 on: November 26, 2016, 08:09:57 pm »

http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/2016-exit-polls-did-hillaty-clinton-win-presidential-election-voter-fraud-donald-trump-lose-rigged/

Exit polls at least show some discrepancy, where more people polled leaving the booths said they voted for Clinton than actually did. There's probably some non-hacked explanation for that, but it's completely fair if people question that. That's why exit polls exist, and we know damn well if the exit polls had favored Trump but the vote count favored Clinton he'd be pulling the same shit. Trump really can't argue against a recount in circumstances where we know damn well he'd be doing the same.

I can think of one way the exit polls could differ from the actual polls, people are scared. People on both sides don't want to be targeted by the other group. liberals in conservative areas and conservatives in liberal areas don't want to be targeted by the angry mobs Trump and Clinton incite. Its probably normal to have people say the opposite of what they do, but the bitching, whining, rioting and asshole-ness from both campaigns made it worse.
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #14021 on: November 26, 2016, 08:50:21 pm »

I can think of one way the exit polls could differ from the actual polls, people are scared. People on both sides don't want to be targeted by the other group. liberals in conservative areas and conservatives in liberal areas don't want to be targeted by the angry mobs Trump and Clinton incite. Its probably normal to have people say the opposite of what they do, but the bitching, whining, rioting and asshole-ness from both campaigns made it worse.

Can you cite a single time Clinton incited a riot? I'm really tired of "both sides are equally bad." It's a lazy excuse for not doing research.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14022 on: November 26, 2016, 08:54:28 pm »

I can think of one way the exit polls could differ from the actual polls, people are scared.
Absolutely, and if things were reversed we'd hear the same things.

Exit polls alone are no smoking gun. They are circumstantial evidence of fishiness. If a full investigation reveals that the numbers don't add up the way they should, then the exit polls will evolve into a fairly strong argument in combination with that; but on their own, they can be explained away by quite reasonable and logical things, as you point out.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14023 on: November 26, 2016, 10:23:59 pm »

Please tell me this is real.

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:30:04 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 1249