Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 931 932 [933] 934 935 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394104 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #13980 on: November 25, 2016, 09:33:40 pm »

I think TBF meant "out of a cannon, into the Sun" probably, to which I say, yes, please.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13981 on: November 25, 2016, 09:36:11 pm »

Well, Tump DOES want to expand human occupation of space...

We could send him on a diplomatic mission to the sun. Don't worry, we'll send him at night. ;P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13982 on: November 25, 2016, 09:37:08 pm »

We could send him on a diplomatic mission to the sun. Don't worry, we'll send him at night. ;P
No, send Pence.

doubtful. As Silver pointed out, the 'suspicious' trend vanishes on cursory examination. I dont fault being thorough, but I have very little faith in it turning up massive malfeasance at the ballot box.
Well yes but I can but hope....
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13983 on: November 25, 2016, 09:40:27 pm »

doubtful. As Silver pointed out, the 'suspicious' trend vanishes on cursory examination. I dont fault being thorough, but I have very little faith in it turning up massive malfeasance at the ballot box.

As for Clinton's use of private email and unsecure cellphones not being willful-- What rock have you been under? This is a recurring thread when it comes to the "powerful elite".  Rules are for OTHER people, dont you know.

I meant more stupid decision not clearly thought through.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13984 on: November 25, 2016, 10:06:18 pm »

Well yes but I can but hope....

I'd rather be on the safe side. If nothing is found, great, the only result is wasted cash and massive embarrassment on the part of the computer scientists (and conservatives putting a pox on all us liberals).

Anyway, I looked at past national security advisors and while Kissinger is controversial on his own, Robert McFarlane and John Pointdexter got caught up in the Iran-Contra affair, the only one that comes close to any sort of leaking top secret documents is Sandy Berger. But that happened after he was no longer national security adviser.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13985 on: November 25, 2016, 10:33:24 pm »

Well, you gotta give Stein one thing, she's not really "one of us" so if it winds up foolish it isn't like we haven't already disowned her for being a fuckup and stealing votes for a worthless cause anyways.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13986 on: November 25, 2016, 10:39:16 pm »

True, she is sacrificing herself as a lightning rod, but at least one, okay, Kellyanne Conway, is already hitting liberals in general. If she is doing that, then it's guaranteed that others are. Yes, Stein isn't really 'one of us', but she's still classified as a liberal to conservative eyes.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13987 on: November 25, 2016, 10:50:39 pm »

Kellyanne who? The whackjob who defended Trump? Which whackjob you ask? Well...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13988 on: November 25, 2016, 11:41:24 pm »

Honestly as terrible as a Trump Presidency is...

I wonder if a worse case scenario would be if they found sufficient evidence of cheating

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13989 on: November 26, 2016, 12:34:52 am »

LOL, Jill stein is taking the fools for a fund raising and PR spin. already raised double than what she needed so she could file those recount requests.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13990 on: November 26, 2016, 01:02:42 am »

Well, you gotta give Stein one thing, she's not really "one of us" so if it winds up foolish it isn't like we haven't already disowned her for being a fuckup and stealing votes for a worthless cause anyways.
Please post something original. The snark sucks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13991 on: November 26, 2016, 01:04:30 am »

Alright, that's it, I'm formally predicting Bork is a computer of some description. So I have spoken, so it shall be, eventually.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #13992 on: November 26, 2016, 01:26:14 am »

LOL, Jill stein is taking the fools for a fund raising and PR spin. already raised double than what she needed so she could file those recount requests.
That's still short of their total cost estimate--the actual filing fees only make up about a third of that.

No, send Pence.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13993 on: November 26, 2016, 02:49:36 am »

I wonder if a worse case scenario would be if they found sufficient evidence of cheating
Don't speak about this as hypotheticals or Quantum effects. Either there was cheating or there wasn't. The truth is quite literally out there. And if there was I want absolute proof of it brought out and made as publicized as physically possible. A firestorm is an absolutely appropriate response to cheating of this magnitude occurring. The prospect of cheating occurring and not being found is, in my mind, far worse than either a Trump Presidency or the epic scandal that would result in the cheating disclosures being made.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13994 on: November 26, 2016, 03:08:48 am »

Outright evidence of electronic cheating would bring much needed attention to the design and control of electronic voting that's been sidelined up until now.
Pages: 1 ... 931 932 [933] 934 935 ... 1249