Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 927 928 [929] 930 931 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394427 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #13920 on: November 24, 2016, 11:21:00 am »

@birdy51: I suspect that Jill Stein is leading it for exactly that reason. If it's a false alarm, she (and the computer scientists) gets the flak, not Clinton. Yes, liberals in general will also catch some flak, but not as much as if it was Clinton doing it.

I'm sure Clinton would love to, but the optics this far away from the election are horrible.

@Criptfeind: It's more of a 'better safe than sorry' attitude I think.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:24:03 am by smjjames »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13921 on: November 24, 2016, 01:18:31 pm »

While fake votes have been found before... Typically they are never enough to actually win states.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13922 on: November 24, 2016, 01:25:03 pm »

So apparently Jill Stein already managed to raise enough money online for a vote recount in Winconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/hertelling-drie-staten-vs-dichterbij-na-miljoenenactie-groene-partij~a4421559/

No, just Wisconsin. While she's raised enough for the filing fees for all three states, there are also additional costs.
Those are filing fees alone. The costs associated with recounts are a function of state law. Attorney's fees are likely to be another $2-3 million, then there are the costs of the statewide recount observers in all three states. The total cost is likely to be $6-7 million.

Anyone saying she's raised enough for all three clearly didn't read the entire page. Of course, with a bar on top which only went to $2.5m (until it hit $2.5m), I can't really blame them. I tl;dr'd the page the first time I looked at it yesterday, too, since there was that pretty bar which appeared to show everything I wanted to know.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:26:58 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #13923 on: November 24, 2016, 01:52:23 pm »

I really wouldn't know what to think if this ended up being true. In don't think it's likely, but if it is, then I don't see anyone else than Russia having the means and will to do it.

And I don't see the fanatic Trumpists taking it right either. They are in they own little reality bubble, where Hillary is conspiring with Demons to rape children...
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13924 on: November 24, 2016, 01:56:38 pm »

It would be hilarious, in a dark sense, if it turns out that all those Rust-Belt states were won not because of people voting for Trump, but because of FSB agents altering voting machines. Really, really hilarious. God, the shitstorm would be incredible.

Is there any provision in Constitution or anywhere else on how to deal with situations like that, when it turns out that the winner of democratic process won by cheating?
._.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13925 on: November 24, 2016, 02:03:07 pm »

Watch Stein bumble her way into uncovering a massive voting fraud effort and reversing the outcome of the election just to fuck with all the people who think of her as a bumbling fool who does more harm than good.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13926 on: November 24, 2016, 02:03:50 pm »

It would be hilarious, in a dark sense, if it turns out that all those Rust-Belt states were won not because of people voting for Trump, but because of FSB agents altering voting machines. Really, really hilarious. God, the shitstorm would be incredible.

Is there any provision in Constitution or anywhere else on how to deal with situations like that, when it turns out that the winner of democratic process won by cheating?
If they cheated, and it's found out, they don't win.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13927 on: November 24, 2016, 02:04:33 pm »

What we really need are routine audits, which is something that isn't mandated by federal law.

Also, apparently Michigan uses paper ballots only (that would explain why they're taking so long), so, yeah, I don't know what the computer scientists saw for Michigan.

Does yours? Doubt it.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13928 on: November 24, 2016, 02:12:56 pm »

Does yours? Doubt it.
I don't think it does, but then again I don't think anyone actually cares about our Constitution.

On a side note, are there any tank divisions in close proximity to the... in what building does Congress do their deed?
._.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13929 on: November 24, 2016, 02:16:53 pm »

That depends on which deed they do, one would think.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13930 on: November 24, 2016, 02:21:39 pm »

Does yours? Doubt it.
I don't think it does, but then again I don't think anyone actually cares about our Constitution.

On a side note, are there any tank divisions in close proximity to the... in what building does Congress do their deed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Capitol Not particularily imagninative, yeah, though often referred to Capitol Hill or The Hill.

I don't know about tanks specifically, but there are a lot of military bases (well, 'installations') in the DC area and in Maryland and Virginia. Not sure why you're asking about tanks though.

And lol Max.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 02:24:13 pm by smjjames »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13931 on: November 24, 2016, 02:36:29 pm »

Not sure why you're asking about tanks though.
If it turns out that Trump won via FSB hacking, and the Red Republican Congress refuses to admit it and will still consider him the legitimate President, Obama might have to need to pull out tanks and shoot the... how did you call it, Capitol Hill? Yeah, shoot it until the Congress surrenders.
._.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13932 on: November 24, 2016, 02:41:26 pm »

As dramatically pleasing as it would be, there would just be more people like them to step in and fill the gap, assuming they ever face consequences for their (hypothetical) actions anyway.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13933 on: November 24, 2016, 02:41:54 pm »

Don't be foolish sergarr, they'd never use tanks, they'd use drones instead.

MFW drone army asploding their way into the white house, and suddenly the swarm parts revealing obama flying back into it sitting on an army of drones.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13934 on: November 24, 2016, 02:48:53 pm »

Drones ain't nearly as photogenic, though.

Also, they're remotely controlled, which isn't good in a chaotic situation like that.

But really, it was the Spec Ops that have really took over the White House in Russia in 1993 (group "Alpha"), it'll be Spec Ops (SEALs, I guess?) that would take over the Capitol Hill in the end, too.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 927 928 [929] 930 931 ... 1249