Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395442 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #13785 on: November 23, 2016, 03:02:43 pm »

You should stop the bullshit about the "popular vote". In most federations, Members get a number of votes and those votes are not directly related to the number of peoples in said members.
It makes total sense, because it allow for a representation of all groups regardless of their population. Belgium is a good example of that.

It's pretty representative of how fact aren't even factored in American debate. I never saw this argument (that this is fairly common in federation) brought up. Neither by pro nor anti Trump.

No, it shows how BS the electoral college is.

... is it illegal in the US to look at how other countries work or what?

That would make NO SENSE for a federation to just give the lead to whoever win the most citizen votes. Simply look at the EU.

Actually that's yet another proof that Americans are uninformed, any true information source should mention this fact.

So if anyone disagrees with you they're uninformed and never bothered looking?

I see.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13786 on: November 23, 2016, 03:03:04 pm »

You should stop the bullshit about the "popular vote". In most federations, Members get a number of votes and those votes are not directly related to the number of peoples in said members.
It makes total sense, because it allow for a representation of all groups regardless of their population. Belgium is a good example of that.

It's pretty representative of how fact aren't even factored in American debate. I never saw this argument (that this is fairly common in federation) brought up. Neither by pro nor anti Trump.

That would make NO SENSE for a federation to just give the lead to whoever win the most citizen votes. Simply look at the EU.

Actually that's yet another proof that Americans are uninformed, any true information source should mention this fact.
What.

Just, what the heck are you even arguing about.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13787 on: November 23, 2016, 03:05:09 pm »

I'm talking about OUR system that we have in the US, not about Russia's or the EU or whatever.

Hey come on now :P no need to lump ALL Americans into that.

What.

Just, what the heck are you even arguing about.

I don't know. I was just responding to the 'drop the popular vote BS' bit.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13788 on: November 23, 2016, 03:13:43 pm »

Because the US is a Federation just like the EU guys. They work basically the same way.

And remember, it's the Americans that are Ignorant.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13789 on: November 23, 2016, 03:50:07 pm »

Ain't Murrican election machines cheap and/or old crap in the first place?

IF electoral fraud happened, we had it coming.  IF it was a malfunction, we also had it coming.  Tentatively, I'd wager the latter is more likely to happen.

Are you victim blaming the counties that haven't been able to afford to replace the machines they bought after the disputed 2000 election?  :o
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13790 on: November 23, 2016, 04:09:26 pm »

Did you just assume their budget?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13791 on: November 23, 2016, 04:19:36 pm »

State govts in the US are notorious for following the "Greek school of administrative finance" methodology of overestimating their tax revenue, but refusing to adjust their budgets accordingly.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13792 on: November 23, 2016, 04:22:40 pm »

Did you just assume their budget?

No, I just didn't link any sources. It's a real problem.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13793 on: November 23, 2016, 04:23:01 pm »

Ain't Murrican election machines cheap and/or old crap in the first place?

IF electoral fraud happened, we had it coming.  IF it was a malfunction, we also had it coming.  Tentatively, I'd wager the latter is more likely to happen.
To a large extent, yeah. Is the kind of thing that happens when you've got half the political powers in a country trying to make the government small enough to drown in a bathtub. Go figure, constantly trying to shrink budgets and government responsibilities/powers can have consequences :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13794 on: November 23, 2016, 04:27:00 pm »

Because the US is a Federation just like the EU guys. They work basically the same way.

No, they don't.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13795 on: November 23, 2016, 04:31:38 pm »

No, they don't.
He's being sarcastic.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13796 on: November 23, 2016, 04:32:35 pm »

No, they don't.
He's being sarcastic.
This is why you use /s
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13797 on: November 23, 2016, 04:33:09 pm »

No, they don't.

He was being sarcastic/salty.

Anyway, http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/new-congress-trump-lbj-214480 sounds like if the Republicans have their way and with the way that Trump is choosing his staff, pretty much every progressive thing in the last 50, 60, years will be rolled back.

If what just happened was the backlash, imagine the front(?)lash....

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13798 on: November 23, 2016, 04:37:34 pm »

[...]

Anyway, [...] sounds like if the Republicans have their way and with the way that Trump is choosing his staff, pretty much every progressive thing in the last 50, 60, years will be rolled back.

If what just happened was the backlash, imagine the front(?)lash....
...As a foreign person reading all that (no time for the link, more 'reading your words'), how is that even possible to roll back progress?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13799 on: November 23, 2016, 04:45:13 pm »

You repeal the laws and other initiatives that were giving people formerly (/currently/likely to be) victimized a (degree of) legal means of resistance. Not very complicated, unfortunately.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1249