Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395202 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #13755 on: November 23, 2016, 06:48:18 am »

Clime change is policized!

>Uses politics to stop research on climate change

Lel, 2017 will be quite the wild ride it seems.

I mean sure, climate change is often used as an excuse for pushing shady interests around, but that doesnt change the fact that credible research not only points out its a real thing, but a very important problem we have to deal with before it eats us.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13756 on: November 23, 2016, 09:06:34 am »

If you replace the natural, water filled lenses of your eyes with much clearer synthetic ones, you will find that you can see some of the UV and IR spectrum.
From what I've heard though, your brain won't come up with any new colors to symbolize the new wavelengths, and the UV will damage your eyes.
So, it's ALMOST something cool.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13757 on: November 23, 2016, 09:23:07 am »

-snip-
O_o
...Is his plan backed up by...anything logical or realistic? Because wow that's determined to fail given the basic reasoning being brought forth.
And/or it's really like they've never tried to actually look at or connect to what they're determined to 'remove', if they can trivialize such things just like that.

How is this all connected to any one particular country when scientists internationally have been all about this? As in, why is there mention of China?
Seems like sensationalizing news ...albeit from more credible sources. (but for what? It's really weird to see the lack of knowledge and planning, or both, come from the president-elect there.)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13758 on: November 23, 2016, 09:39:40 am »

-snip-
O_o
...Is his plan backed up by...anything logical or realistic? Because wow that's determined to fail given the basic reasoning being brought forth.
And/or it's really like they've never tried to actually look at or connect to what they're determined to 'remove', if they can trivialize such things just like that.

How is this all connected to any one particular country when scientists internationally have been all about this? As in, why is there mention of China?
Seems like sensationalizing news ...albeit from more credible sources. (but for what? It's really weird to see the lack of knowledge and planning, or both, come from the president-elect there.)

Has he EVER been logical or realistic? You've been watching Trump like the rest of us..... Maybe not to the same extent, but still...
Trump to scrap Nasa climate research in crackdown on ‘politicized science’

Donald Trump is poised to eliminate all climate change research conducted by Nasa as part of a crackdown on “politicized science”, his senior adviser on issues relating to the space agency has said.

We already know that he has this idea of changing climate research (and weather monitoring) to NOAA or something, and as Tiruin said, this could use some corroboration from other sources.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/clinton-lead-popular-vote-2016-231790 *drops 2 million pound (as in weight, to you Brits) mic* Anybody want to bet that it surpasses three million?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:50:20 am by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13759 on: November 23, 2016, 09:50:38 am »

Trump is your racist idiot grandfather instead of a cunning genius, news at 11.

We dawn on an age of China- China being the concerned environmentalist state and the US seeking to scorn the good of the whole world for its own development. Development that it doesn't need.

God-money, I'll do anything for you...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13760 on: November 23, 2016, 09:54:49 am »

Has he EVER been logical or realistic? You've been watching Trump like the rest of us..... Maybe not to the same extent, but still...
He's clogging the news, yeah >_> But I've been watching local stuffs (Read: Marcos Burial in the Libingan ng Bayani. Many people rise up in protest.), but I do recall back in the campaigning that there were mentions by Trump that he didn't believe in climate change and stuff related to China. Then it comes up now, by known news sources internationally (at least those are ones I am easily familiar with) that the similar ideas said back then come up here.

...But yeah, That first question comes to mind. America deserves a better president and group for planning its future given its impact on the world stage. Especially the group-part, with the figurehead being...this guy. All these instances, even if not-really-serious, do have an impact on people given its implied importance of the position where it comes from.

In the least, I'm putting all hope that history will be recording all these that we'll all learn from, and that many people are pretty resilient in terms of peaceful unity the face of...this kind of inefficiency. (eg If Trump or whoever is doing all this as a smokescreen to clog current attention from 'minor' happenings across the country, etc)

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/clinton-lead-popular-vote-2016-231790 *drops 2 million pound (as in weight, to you Brits) mic* Anybody want to bet that it surpasses three million?
Didn't CLinton concede? I'm not knowledgeable about muchly most of what's happening x_x but 'concede' came off as 'give over' to the other person.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13761 on: November 23, 2016, 10:08:19 am »

Didn't CLinton concede? I'm not knowledgeable about muchly most of what's happening x_x but 'concede' came off as 'give over' to the other person.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that they stop counting the votes, it's normal for the votes to trickle in for a while as absentee, provisional, and other votes get counted, especially in large and populous states. Especially where paper ballots are used, that takes longer to finalize.

Also, she can retract the concede at any time, nothing stopping her from doing so, other than the optics of it.

And I was making a point over the Electoral College problem. Al Gore had a popular vote advantage of around 500,000, this is 4 times that. Though a mic costing 2 million dollars (or 2 million pounds as in currency) would be a hell of a pimped out mic.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 10:26:28 am by smjjames »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13762 on: November 23, 2016, 11:09:19 am »

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/11/trumps-fcc-advisor-wants-to-eliminate-most-of-the-fcc/

We are going to be nickled and dimedtened and twentied for everything on the interwebs now.  Fuck.  No meaningful competition around my parts either.  cable vs dsl
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13763 on: November 23, 2016, 11:11:28 am »

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/11/trumps-fcc-advisor-wants-to-eliminate-most-of-the-fcc/

We are going to be nickled and dimedtened and twentied for everything on the interwebs now.  Fuck.  No meaningful competition around my parts either.  cable vs dsl
...Utensil.

Well, we could start grassroots networks...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13764 on: November 23, 2016, 11:17:59 am »

We can't know anything until it actually starts happening. For now  it's just what they want to do, not what they necessarily can, and is no more on the level than your average reddit poster's genius plan to save the government from itself. Fortunately, as a pack of Morans who's governing skill ranges from nothing like Trump to being the kind of people who went through law school and then still ran on a platform of "let's disestablish the government and bring back the gold standard packaged in NINA loans sold through Medicare accounts and the war bonds office to shell corporations representing the citizenry", they're likely to miss out on a lot.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13765 on: November 23, 2016, 11:18:58 am »

This assumes Trump even gets elected.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13766 on: November 23, 2016, 11:20:21 am »

I mean, that's a fairly safe assumption at this point.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13767 on: November 23, 2016, 11:22:28 am »

I mean, that's a fairly safe assumption at this point.
Not as safe as we might think, given the 2-million popular vote lead for Clinton, the faithless electors, and etc.
Sigtext

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #13768 on: November 23, 2016, 11:23:27 am »

You should stop the bullshit about the "popular vote". In most federations, Members get a number of votes and those votes are not directly related to the number of peoples in said members.
It makes total sense, because it allow for a representation of all groups regardless of their population. Belgium is a good example of that.

It's pretty representative of how fact aren't even factored in American debate. I never saw this argument (that this is fairly common in federation) brought up. Neither by pro nor anti Trump.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13769 on: November 23, 2016, 11:25:05 am »

You should stop the bullshit about the "popular vote". In most federations, Members get a number of votes and those votes are not directly related to the number of peoples in said members.
It makes total sense, because it allow for a representation of all groups regardless of their population. Belgium is a good example of that.

It's pretty representative of how fact aren't even factored in American debate. I never saw this argument (that this is fairly common in federation) brought up. Neither by pro nor anti Trump.
What does that have to do with anything I said?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 1249