Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395555 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #13680 on: November 22, 2016, 10:03:51 am »

I thought he was going to move to the WHite House, but his wife will stay at Trump Towers. Makes you wonder how bad their marriage really is.

They're saying it's because they don't want to have their son change schools in the middle of the school year, which is completely understandable.

By the way, how likely are Republicans to be able to push through amendments to a National Voter Act? And what could that potentially cause for Republican's long-term future? Could they suppress the black/latino vote entirely?

I doubt that they'll be able to suppress it entirely, but that last bit on the paper that Kobach accidentially (or was it deliberate? We'll never know) revealed looked a bit ominous, so they'll certainly be up to something.

As for their long term future, well, their gerrymandering and vote suppression have been found to be unconstitutional and that doesn't seem to hurt them, so, no idea.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13681 on: November 22, 2016, 10:16:45 am »

You can settle criminal cases under specific conditions, though I'm not sure if this is what is happening. There's a difference between settling an issue that can have consequences in criminal court before that happens and settling an actual criminal case.

For example, lets say you're involved in some issue and someone is sueing you for damages. Turns out a disfavorable sentence may end up confirming the fact you comitted a crime and get you in jail, but if you settle the case earlier before any of the legal procedures for such confirmation happens, you can avoid being tried in criminal court. Lots of western legislations allow you, for example, to avoid criminal prosecution for certain kinds of tax evasion if you happen to settle the issue (and the judge accepts it) before the criminal proceedures take place.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13682 on: November 22, 2016, 11:07:17 am »

sorry I just saw this... do some Republicans not know what irony is?

Because he is saying "Hail Trump" while lifting his arm up. Seriously guys... Your making John Oliver's job too easy.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #13683 on: November 22, 2016, 12:10:13 pm »

Because he is saying "Hail Trump" while lifting his arm up. Seriously guys... Your making John Oliver's job too easy.

Who did?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13684 on: November 22, 2016, 12:11:02 pm »

Who did?

Bunch of neo-nazis in a conference in D.C.

Separately, Carson (yes, Ben Carson), is apparently under serious consideration for the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. I thought Carson didn't want to do a cabinet job, but no surprise that Trump is primarily choosing loyalists with little regard to skills or ethics, unless the ethics match his own of course.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:48:03 pm by smjjames »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13685 on: November 22, 2016, 01:12:09 pm »

>their gerrymandering
not a partisan practice, that, despite what a lot of people believe

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13686 on: November 22, 2016, 01:42:36 pm »

>their gerrymandering
not a partisan practice, that, despite what a lot of people believe
Never has been. It's only partisan now because Republicans control most state houses.
no surprise that Trump is primarily choosing loyalists with little regard to skills or ethics, unless the ethics match his own of course.
You know when I work up the stomach to start reading political news again it looks like I'll have a lot of shit to eat.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13687 on: November 22, 2016, 02:34:04 pm »

Trump's recent address to the American public is bloody high-school level. He sounds like he's reader from a paper and adding on meaningless half-sentences.

I'm willing to give the man a chance, if only to show why you don't elect people like this, but fuckin' Christ he sounds bad.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13688 on: November 22, 2016, 02:36:06 pm »

How bad are we talking here? Most Presidential addresses are technically written to be high school level for maximum spread, but if you're noticing it must really stick out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13689 on: November 22, 2016, 02:40:30 pm »

Trump's recent address to the American public is bloody high-school level. He sounds like he's reader from a paper and adding on meaningless half-sentences.

I'm willing to give the man a chance, if only to show why you don't elect people like this, but fuckin' Christ he sounds bad.

You mean his list of things he'd do in his first 100 days? He's never had more than a vague generalized plan anyway and he was probably reading from his list. Besides, he wasn't making a speech, he was just saying what he'd do for the first 100 days.

Also, we're probably just used to the orator that Obama is.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:43:30 pm by smjjames »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13690 on: November 22, 2016, 02:42:25 pm »

How bad are we talking here? Most Presidential addresses are technically written to be high school level for maximum spread, but if you're noticing it must really stick out.

High school Audience =/= High school level production

Link: Judge with thine own eyes.

You mean his list of things he'd do in his first 100 days? He's never had more than a vague generalized plan anyway and he was probably reading from his list. Besides, he wasn't making a speech, he was just saying what he'd do for the first 100 days.

You should still sound like you have some idea what's going on. I'm not expecting him to sound brilliant, I'm expecting him to sound competent.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13691 on: November 22, 2016, 02:47:56 pm »

Now here's the real question: Does using a teleprompter just drop Donald's charisma to zero, or is this what happens when he's allowed to write the teleprompter text?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13692 on: November 22, 2016, 02:52:28 pm »

I suspect they just copied from their site, Trump chose whatever he wanted to use, and did it with no or minimal editing.

It was nothing more than a rehashing of what was already known, including the lack of specific details.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13693 on: November 22, 2016, 02:59:18 pm »

I suspect they just copied from their site, Trump chose whatever he wanted to use, and did it with no or minimal editing.

It was nothing more than a rehashing of what was already known, including the lack of specific details.

Minimal tone variation and or real depth to his enunciation either. Real people inject meaning when they speak, he just sounds like a radio ad for a local car dealership.

Bah, perhaps I'm old fashioned and I think that the future POTUS shouldn't act like a bloody vlogger showing the intro vid to this totally awesome government he got and plans to renovate over the next four years.

Give me a year of two and I'll be yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Now here's the real question: Does using a teleprompter just drop Donald's charisma to zero, or is this what happens when he's allowed to write the teleprompter text?

Nah, didn't write it. If he wrote it, the 'so critical' and such drivel would have been embedded, and they wouldn't have been the brief moments he didn't sound like orange balsa wood with a contact mic attached.
---

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13694 on: November 22, 2016, 03:08:13 pm »

He's definetly shown to have done a heck of a lot better without the teleprompter, or at least is more himself.

Obviously he's not used to speaking or giving speeches like a politician, so, can't blame him for that.

His first major speech as President (other than Inauguration if he gives one then), the State of the Union, will likely show more how good of a speaker he'll be. We're just used to Obama the orator.

Maybe Obama can give him some tips, but each to their own.

edit: How does Trump compare to George W. Bush? Their styles are way different though, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:15:57 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 1249