Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394714 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #13095 on: November 17, 2016, 11:27:40 am »

Are you trying to suggest all the presidents have been talentless?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13096 on: November 17, 2016, 11:27:46 am »

Bill Clinton does with the Sax.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh, sax you say?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13097 on: November 17, 2016, 11:29:34 am »

Actually, about a dozen could play at least one instrument.

Today I learned Nixon could play the accordion. Also we had one that could play the banjo.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13098 on: November 17, 2016, 11:32:46 am »

Are you trying to suggest all the presidents have been talentless?

No, I meant career as a musician or music artist. :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13099 on: November 17, 2016, 11:41:01 am »

Mm... yeah, career beforehand doesn't seem to have happened, with cursory checking. Closest was probably harding, who organized a band (thought that looks like it was in relation to political stuff), or nixon, who was apparently a classically trained pianist, if not one that hit the music circuit or anything.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13100 on: November 17, 2016, 12:08:12 pm »

We need to talk them into getting Nicholas Cage elected next for maximum memes.
Kanye West has already announced that he'll run for POTUS 2020, though. There's only so many places for celebrities to run... though an idea of the election that would consist entirely of celebrities is a pretty hilarious one.

Really, really bad, but hilarious nonetheless.
And I thought Saints Row IV was outlandish.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13101 on: November 17, 2016, 12:15:57 pm »

Bill Clinton does with the Sax.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh, sax you say?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Indeed. (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13102 on: November 17, 2016, 12:18:47 pm »

Speaking of the lobbying stuff talked about last night, the lobbying ban has the potential to (or may already be) hobble(ing) the transition.

It's kind of like a chicken and egg situation, how do you start doing the ban and get good advisors/Cabinet members when nearly all of the available ones are lobbyists one way or another.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13103 on: November 17, 2016, 12:30:14 pm »

Their giddyness at becoming politically relevant will wear off sooner or later and also sooner or later, they'll realize they'll have to take things seriously.

There's a few other internet based political parties. It's simply a natural outgrowth of the internet and social media. Though social media connections are making it even more possible.

I don't like the idea of 4Chan becoming a serious political party very much either, but in say, 20 years time, who knows how things will look, we're in uncharted territory. Well, not completely uncharted.

Also, I find it odd that Nikki Haley is being considered for Secretary of State, since she has zero foriegn policy experience.
God I hope so.

Note again, I'm not saying they DID get him elected, but the fact that they actually leaked out into the discussion enough that the candidates were talking about it is surreal.

Any effect they did have would have been greatly magnified by the walled garden echo chamber effects, then you mix in the whole "poor kids overseas learning they can make money shitposting about Trump if it starts trending" thing, and hopefully it was just a perfect storm, a perfect shitpoststorm if you will.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13104 on: November 17, 2016, 01:53:07 pm »

We need to talk them into getting Nicholas Cage elected next for maximum memes.
Kanye West has already announced that he'll run for POTUS 2020, though. There's only so many places for celebrities to run... though an idea of the election that would consist entirely of celebrities is a pretty hilarious one.

Really, really bad, but hilarious nonetheless.
And I thought Saints Row IV was outlandish.

You know the world has gone mad when silly games have become less comedic then reality.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13106 on: November 17, 2016, 01:58:21 pm »

The american public, and by extension its leaders, are very disconnected from reality.

While I dont quite share Frumple's take on the fourth estate, I do blame modern media's addiction to the sensational, and its vapid denials of any wrongdoing.

When you put the people that belong on Jerry Springer up on a pedestal, it has an effect.

Observe, president Trump.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13107 on: November 17, 2016, 01:58:42 pm »

Can we have a do-over and choose to not laugh at the idea of a Colbert/Stewart ticket?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13108 on: November 17, 2016, 02:04:02 pm »

https://medium.com/@xuhulk/watching-the-election-from-the-post-truth-future-97a0d66bdcfe#.c4td967ry

This is a good post.

This looks like what happens when you tell people that it is OK to live in an echo chamber to me.  People invent ridiculous phantasms, and share them with their friends, and since their hangout of choice puts friends over facts, you get snowballing bullshit.

Really, this is a no-brainer, and is a good wakeup call to STAY IN THE REAL WORLD.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13109 on: November 17, 2016, 02:18:40 pm »

I panic when a link I opened in a different tab unexpectedly loads up facebook, yeah, I've got friends and family on there... but I am so much happier without all the rest of it, so it's easier to just not even show up and deal with the temptation to respond to anything.

Then you tack on the election shit? Yeah, I'mma stay out of it, hang out here with you dorfloving nerds and dweebs, if I want to see a bunch of regurgitated dumb, I mean, 4chan is literally right there, all the dumb you could ever want and then some, it's just such a bummer watching people you've known your whole life taking part in it.
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 1249