Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392433 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #12840 on: November 15, 2016, 11:06:21 pm »

In somewhat related thinking, how susceptible to trolling do you think trump is?  He seems to love his twitter acct.

(Protip, use burner ACCTS with Russian VPN for the win.)
Not sure. I've always thought that countertrolling is the best way to deal with trolls (and god is it fun), so I suspect it'd work if you really got under his skin, which is going to be easier now that the campaign trail is ended and he seems to understand he should watch his tongue even if he's still crazy with his staff appointments.

There's no denying Trump has a temper; the debates proved that. The internet being what it is, I suspect he's going to say some things he ends up regretting sooner rather than later.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12841 on: November 15, 2016, 11:07:29 pm »

In somewhat related thinking, how susceptible to trolling do you think trump is?  He seems to love his twitter acct.

(Protip, use burner ACCTS with Russian VPN for the win.)

One just has to look at his past behavior, he goes right after percieved slights that seasoned politicians know how to handle and keeps going after it far longer than he should.

He's a walking 'Diplomatic Insult' causus belli.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12842 on: November 15, 2016, 11:08:37 pm »

I was meaning, using this weakness alongside Hus inability to fact check to impersonate GOP senators on twitter, and keep him angry/resentful at them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12843 on: November 15, 2016, 11:11:27 pm »

Well.. This escalated quickly...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/politics/trump-transition.html

With any luck they will paint themselves into a corner, after burning all their bridges.

Still shocking (and strangely unsurprising) to read.

This... Isn't unusual for someone of Trump's background.

The goal isn't so much to get credible people so much as get loyal sycophants AND to offer these positions as rewards.

Remember Trump is a business man... and there is nothing more threatening at the top then someone more competent then you are and who is more willing to put others infront of yourself.

Heck it isn't even THAT unusual for politics (though... not at this scale).

---

DAMN IT TRUMP!

Look... The last bit of stupidity was a fluke... can we get one month without you making an idiot out of yourself? I know the media will depict you sneezing as huffing and puffing orphanages down but GOODNESS... There is no way to make some of this look worse then it actually is.

Seriously stop making me eat my words!

Yes I wanted you to win to teach America a lesson and BOOM! you won...

Then I wanted you to be a terrible president and BOOM! you are certainly on your freeken way.

I better not say I hope he starts a Nuclear war!.. Please people stop me!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:15:14 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12844 on: November 15, 2016, 11:14:57 pm »

I'm sure someone will come up with the idea, or 4Channers get bored of waiting for him to do something funny (to them) and play with their toy.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12845 on: November 15, 2016, 11:18:07 pm »

I better not say I hope he starts a Nuclear war!.. Please people stop me!

* smjjames sprays neonivek with ACME insta-solidifying STOP!Foam

lol

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12846 on: November 15, 2016, 11:35:15 pm »

The time to stop was long ago. We may only see what glories and horrors await us in this new world.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12847 on: November 15, 2016, 11:42:54 pm »

So far, the media has a great track record of being always wrong about trump. maybe their predictions of him being terrible will be wrong as well.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12848 on: November 15, 2016, 11:43:52 pm »

So far, the media has a great track record of being always wrong about trump. maybe their predictions of him being terrible will be wrong as well.

FTFE. A phrase to live by.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12849 on: November 15, 2016, 11:48:06 pm »

Trump being horrible is not a media prediction, it's having the basic capacity for observation. The only good scenario is, ironically, that Donald is even more of a pathological liar playing 4D chess than all the memes believe and he's secretly turning it all against everything he says he believes in.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12850 on: November 15, 2016, 11:51:39 pm »

I still think the most reasonable best hope is that he alienates the GOP so extremely, that they are at loggerheads, and govt grinds to a halt.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12851 on: November 16, 2016, 12:00:30 am »

There's already signs of portions of the GOP going at loggerheads with Trump, and not just Rand Paul.

Also, they'll find that they'll have plenty of Democrat allies to block stuff Trump does.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12852 on: November 16, 2016, 12:05:16 am »

There's already signs of portions of the GOP going at loggerheads with Trump, and not just Rand Paul.

Also, they'll find that they'll have plenty of Democrat allies to block stuff Trump does.

Aren't the democrats currently neutered?

Which come to think of it is kind of Ironic that the one thing republicans need right now are Democrats :P the same people they were happy to get rid of.

Then again as they have said, they believe they can reign Trump in.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12853 on: November 16, 2016, 12:05:45 am »

If you'd like a smaller example of how Republicans sometimes act when they regain long-lost control of an arena, look no further than my own state of NC. Their gains resulted in, as RK put it "a diabetic kid in a candy store". HB2, the voting redistricting, the other assorted voter suppression, the coal ash scandal, and even that one attempt to establish Christianity as the state religion.

That was with a bunch of boring stodgy Gophers. Now Trump stands at the eye of the storm, which overshadows the Earth entire.

Get ready.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12854 on: November 16, 2016, 12:09:02 am »

Aren't the democrats currently neutered?

Which come to think of it is kind of Ironic that the one thing republicans need right now are Democrats :P the same people they were happy to get rid of.

Then again as they have said, they believe they can reign Trump in.

More like 'down, but ain't out' and in the proccess of some soul searching, they did gain seats in both houses and can still put up a fight. I just mean that they have willing allies in the Democrats should the Republicans turn on Trump.
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 1249