Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391099 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #12645 on: November 14, 2016, 10:54:24 pm »

So lets go ahead and start the second civil war how it really deserves. Calling dogs by your own last name, in this case, "Freddy Bush". I think it's creepy. Like, the same creepiness that is when someone refers to themselves with all three names. Sure, technically the have the extra name (by that I mean, the last name for pets and the middle name for people) but it's more of something to fill out legal documents then actual use.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12646 on: November 14, 2016, 10:54:46 pm »

How the heck did we go from Freud, to puppies, to uncanny-valley robots in four posts?

Welcome to Bay12, where the rails never even existed.

Yeah I know, lol.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12647 on: November 14, 2016, 10:55:04 pm »

Its hyperbole day.

Didn't you bring your hat?

;)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12648 on: November 14, 2016, 10:55:46 pm »

So lets go ahead and start the second civil war how it really deserves. Calling dogs by your own last name, in this case, "Freddy Bush". I think it's creepy. Like, the same creepiness that is when someone refers to themselves with all three names. Sure, technically the have the extra name (by that I mean, the last name for pets and the middle name for people) but it's more of something to fill out legal documents then actual use.

Seems to be more of a rich people thing, or a showdog thing with ridiculous names.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12649 on: November 14, 2016, 10:57:29 pm »

I am recursively intolerant of people who use "ironic" in an ironic fashion without grasping the reason it is actually ironic.
My favourite one is being intolerant of people who are intolerant of those who use ironic in an inaccurate fashion, but themselves do not understand when irony is being accurately employed and so attack all who may resemble any form of irony, in common or accurate usage
I am intolerant when it comes to the common and inaccurate use of "irony" to include "coincidence, sometimes humorous ones" and the like. I will not apologize for this, those people are literally ironically literally the worst.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: November 14, 2016, 10:58:07 pm »

Yeah, but some vets I have been to have done that with my pets when I brought them in for vaccination.

Funny, I don't remember marrying the mothers of my pets.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12651 on: November 14, 2016, 11:04:13 pm »

My cat is named Sir Reginald Fatass Stumpybutt the Third, Reggie for short, because a cat with that much glorious tummy deserves a glorious name, but he lost the end of his tail on a fence I think. We also had a pair of rescues we adopted together, they picked their first names, "Pierre" and "Ra'al" for saying "pyehh" and "raaal" mostly. The first also had a sinus infection, becoming Robespierre Snotsalot, and the other was Empress Ra'al-haiku because it amused me filling out the forms when we took them to get ringworm treatment, shortly after I discovered ringworm is fucking horrible, oh god, the itching, and the patches, and it is impossible to get comfortable...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: November 14, 2016, 11:07:15 pm »

We could very well see some Electoral College sheneinighans.

The Republicans haven't started speaking out against Bannon, yet, but I'm pretty sure there are Republicans who are just as appalled by him as the Democrats are.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12653 on: November 14, 2016, 11:07:55 pm »

Bleach compress. It works.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12654 on: November 14, 2016, 11:10:14 pm »

I would point out parallels with nonhuman objects, specifically the uncanny valley with robots.

This is twofold in reasoning.

1) the evolution of such hate requires dehumanization.

2) the most hated things are those most like ourselves, but also decidedly not like us in some way.
I figure it's essentially along the lines of 'they're so similar to us, they could be right. They could be! If they wanted to. The only reason they don't is to spite us! The bastards!'

Do keep in mind in one's distaste for liberals decrying conservatives that conservatives do it at least as often, they just aren't on social media as much and thus open for the world to gaze at every second of the day.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12655 on: November 14, 2016, 11:14:52 pm »

I would point out parallels with nonhuman objects, specifically the uncanny valley with robots.

2) the most hated things are those most like ourselves, but also decidedly not like us in some way.
I figure it's essentially along the lines of 'they're so similar to us, they could be right. They could be! If they wanted to. The only reason they don't is to spite us! The bastards!'

Do keep in mind in one's distaste for liberals decrying conservatives that conservatives do it at least as often, they just aren't on social media as much and thus open for the world to gaze at every second of the day.

I have never said otherwise. :)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: November 14, 2016, 11:16:06 pm »

Bleach compress. It works.
Yeah, I used bandaids with some sort of topical over the patches, it worked but ugh... how do you put up a cat without checking for that sort of thing, the snotty nose I can handle, it's gross but I've seen far worse come out of a cat than boogers.

We could very well see some Electoral College sheneinighans.

The Republicans haven't started speaking out against Bannon, yet, but I'm pretty sure there are Republicans who are just as appalled by him as the Democrats are.
Hmmm, that is an interesting development.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12657 on: November 14, 2016, 11:23:04 pm »

I have never said otherwise. :)
I'm aware. It was a general word of caution, is all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12658 on: November 14, 2016, 11:24:14 pm »

My favourite one is being intolerant of people who are intolerant of those who use ironic in an inaccurate fashion, but themselves do not understand when irony is being accurately employed and so attack all who may resemble any form of irony, in common or accurate usage

I remember people complaining because I learned the definition of irony from Alanis's song! They weren't very tolerant* of my false belief in the meaning of the word.

* I think if you want to say 'abiding' you should say 'abiding', guys, instead of 'tolerant,' but I'm not an english nazi. I mean language nazi. Speaking of nazis, if I meet any, I've no intention of tolerating them in any sense of the word 'tolerate.' I won't murder them, either, but not murdering people doesn't mean I'm tolerating them, right? Maybe I'll try to convince them of how sexy all those people are that they hate. For instance, what's not to love about skin that looks permanently tanned without requiring any actual tanning? How could you hate that?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1249