Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391507 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #11295 on: November 10, 2016, 10:17:27 am »

Pence is an ass. But all signs point toward him not actually being Trump's first choice and the Republicans kinda pushing him in there against Trump's will.

Trump himself has been pretty live and let live about LGBTQ stuff. I doubt he's going to make and huge strides forward for them, but I don't think he has any really good reason to roll back anything either. There MIGHT be some collateral damage in the realm of marriage equality if he gets too far right wing supreme court picks in (The dems still have some sway in the senate though and can moderate those choices a bit.) But I seriously doubt this is going to be a huge rollback like people are fearing.

Losing same sex marriage would suck, but it's not the end of the world.

It's not Trump I'd be worrying about though, it's the House and Senate republican majorities.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11296 on: November 10, 2016, 10:18:03 am »

I guess if you consider inflaming the nativist mob hate of the country "giving hope".

God, this fucking year.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11297 on: November 10, 2016, 10:18:46 am »

And if they say, to pick a relevant example, that they want you to crack down on illegal immigration? That they want to build a wall on the southern border?
Because those demands lack realism. Rounding up 11 million 'illegals' is just not gonna happen. If it were logistically possible, there'd be so many legal obstacles with razzias and mass deportations that not even two presidential terms would be enough to evercome those.

And the wall? That border patrol officer I saw in a video worded it nicely. If you build a ten foot high wall, they will just bring an 11 foot ladder.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: November 10, 2016, 10:37:15 am »

Just a picture made by my friend:
"Urist McTrump has been selected mayor of the fortress! Hillary the Goblin is jealous."

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11299 on: November 10, 2016, 10:40:35 am »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11300 on: November 10, 2016, 11:00:47 am »

And now we're back to arguing the election all over again. Aren't you all bored of that by now? I certainly am.

I'd question why you're in a politics thread when you don't want to talk about politics.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11301 on: November 10, 2016, 11:01:59 am »

Also it's been a day since the results. Maybe people aren't quite over the experience yet, maybe?????
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: November 10, 2016, 11:05:10 am »

Pence is an ass. But all signs point toward him not actually being Trump's first choice and the Republicans kinda pushing him in there against Trump's will.

Yeah, Trump was like, 'Can I back out of this? Can I change my mind?' at about the same time it was coming time to decide.

And if they say, to pick a relevant example, that they want you to crack down on illegal immigration? That they want to build a wall on the southern border?
Because those demands lack realism. Rounding up 11 million 'illegals' is just not gonna happen. If it were logistically possible, there'd be so many legal obstacles with razzias and mass deportations that not even two presidential terms would be enough to evercome those.

And the wall? That border patrol officer I saw in a video worded it nicely. If you build a ten foot high wall, they will just bring an 11 foot ladder.

Yep, the joke is that if you build a 30 foot wall, someone is going to invest in a 31 foot ladder, same for a 100 foot wall, someone's just going to invest in a 101 foot ladder. Getting down without getting killed is another matter entirely.

@heretic: I really need to get into DF again.....

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11303 on: November 10, 2016, 11:06:28 am »

Just a picture made by my friend:
"Urist McTrump has been selected mayor of the fortress! Hillary the Goblin is jealous."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dat bronze colossus though

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11304 on: November 10, 2016, 11:07:11 am »

And now we're back to arguing the election all over again. Aren't you all bored of that by now? I certainly am.

I'd question why you're in a politics thread when you don't want to talk about politics.

You've misunderstood me. I'd love to talk about where the country is going to go from here. I'm happy to talk about why things turned out as they did. Who people hope to have on the ballot in 4 years or 8 years or whatever is great too.

Rehashing the very same arguments that were fought all during the campaign ('Is a wall a good idea?' 'Is it racist to ban/strictly vet immigration from Muslim countries?'), however, seems an unexciting prospect.

They were debated from a position of incredulity. Now we get to talk about them as something the president might actually try to do.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11305 on: November 10, 2016, 11:08:31 am »

America stop.

It's coming from both sides, Someone burned a gay pride flag and some people said to a 'non-gender conforming person' that 'This is TRUMP'S America!'. edit: Actually, that was two separate incidents. Plus a massive uptick in hate crimes evidently.

I blame it on the nasty and divisive campaign that Trump did along with the hate mongering, he's getting exactly what he peddled, though Hillary isn't exactly blameless either.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 11:11:46 am by smjjames »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11306 on: November 10, 2016, 11:11:49 am »

America stop.
It's coming from both sides, Someone burned a gay pride flag and said 'This is TRUMP'S America!'.
I blame it on the nasty and divisive campaign that Trump did, though Hillary isn't exactly blameless either.
Wait wat
Both sides are burning flags, the metro only shows Hillary's voters beating up innocent people in mobs

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11307 on: November 10, 2016, 11:12:58 am »

America stop.
It's coming from both sides, Someone burned a gay pride flag and said 'This is TRUMP'S America!'.
I blame it on the nasty and divisive campaign that Trump did, though Hillary isn't exactly blameless either.
Wait wat
Both sides are burning flags, the metro only shows Hillary's voters beating up innocent people in mobs

I meant that the violence and hate is coming from both sides, though directed at different groups.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11308 on: November 10, 2016, 11:15:57 am »

It was inevitable.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11309 on: November 10, 2016, 11:17:31 am »

Soros is such a sour loser he ordered all his little minion organizations to take the streets.

Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 1249