Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391915 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #11235 on: November 10, 2016, 05:47:17 am »

The biggest thing I see about this travesty called an election is that it's been powered, not by knowledge, but by fear. I've seen various new shows during my days at work over the past year. During that time I've learned absolutely nothing about Clinton's policies, and the only thing I've heard about Trump's policies was "build the wall". The rest of it was filled with supposed "experts" which turn out to be little more than doomsayers. All reasonable voices had been drowned out by this talk of "white supremacy" and other nonsense.

Trump isn't going to catapult minorities over the border at gunpoint. Clinton wasn't going to let terrorists waltz in and murder your children. This isn't LCS.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:50:05 am by Blaze »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11236 on: November 10, 2016, 05:49:14 am »

What I find interesting is how different the results would have been if everyone voted.

Mind you... I actually support the right not to vote... the fact that hardly anyone voted suggests just how terrible this election was overall.

Seriously, I am a liberal. But I don't understand all the fear and whining in the Internet.

Because people have spent decades trying to push America up a steep cliff and have finally gone somewhere.

Then in one election all that is at risk... and not in a vague "He might do it" in a "He said he would" way.

The US are goign off the cliff for 20 years and crashing fast. Peoples voted for Obama to change the course, he accelerated the movement.

Now they are trying Trump, and I applaud them. But I think that it's the last president that can afford to screw up.

Obama did worst than nothing, and Clinton,... a Clinton presidency would have been a tragedy. Democrat are slow bowling America, let's see what Trump will do.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11237 on: November 10, 2016, 05:50:42 am »

Seriously, I am a liberal. But I don't understand all the fear and whining in the Internet.

Because people have spent decades trying to push America up a steep cliff and have finally gone somewhere.

Then in one election all that is at risk... and not in a vague "He might do it" in a "He said he would" way.

If only around 50% of voters wanted it, you haven't pushed anything anywhere. You created yourself a pretty little blue paddock and proceeded to ignore the other 50%.

Seriosly, democratic archievements are nothing if the people don't fully understand them.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11238 on: November 10, 2016, 05:52:28 am »

You see, this is exactly what FD end Reelya mentioned already. She had the easiest election of her life because she already had lot of support out of simply having Trump as her opponent, and still managed to lose because she didnt even give them lip service, not a single reason to hope for better conditions for working class people. Her trajectory in these last months was almost entirely focused on minorities and being better than Trump.

The problems with the dems in this election is that they stopped being liberal and embraced the regressive left. Their usual voterbase was ignored and is now being accused of treachery as mob mentality takes over and everyone seeks to blame someone else, with no sense me solidarity or compassion for fellow americans because their heads are so far up their asses that they actualy believe the insane narrative of everyone who thinks differently being racist, insane and evil as victimism takes over as the favored narrative.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11239 on: November 10, 2016, 05:58:58 am »

If only around 50% of voters wanted it, you haven't pushed anything anywhere. You created yourself a pretty little blue paddock and proceeded to ignore the other 50%.

Seriosly, democratic archievements are nothing if the people don't fully understand them.

I am only stating why people are dreading a Trump Election... and they have every right to.

Anyone who isn't a White or Black Male should be worried.

Well ok. Not ALL minorities are in the firing line. Only Latinos, Middle Easterners, Muslims, Turks, Gays, Lesbians, Trans, and women.

assuming Trump didn't lie his butt off mind you.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:01:26 am by Neonivek »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11240 on: November 10, 2016, 06:02:38 am »

I am only stating why people are dreading a Trump Election... and they have every right to.

Anyone who isn't a White or Black Male should be worried.

I'd like to remind everyone that hate crimes, rapes, deportations and casual racism existed before the 8th of November
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11241 on: November 10, 2016, 06:05:19 am »

I'd like to remind everyone that guns existed before WW1

And who said anything about Hate Crimes and Rapes?

People only have to be worried about Trump if they take him at face value.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:09:40 am by Neonivek »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11242 on: November 10, 2016, 06:14:13 am »

I'd suggest removing your post, Imic, it's generally not a good idea to joke about stabbing important political figures in this modern surveillance age.
I would actually do it.
I live in Ireland, so he can't do anything.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11243 on: November 10, 2016, 06:15:20 am »

Do note again that the last three elections were like:
http://i.imgur.com/CX7gvqC.jpg
So, yeah, when people talk about how nobody liked either choice, they really meant nobody liked either choice.

@Antioch by the skin of her freaking teeth, like 29.6% vs 29.5% with 46.9% not voting.

Well that's a rather misleading graph, I see Clinton getting around 10% fewer votes than Obama in 2012.

Which is of course a difference, but not nearly as large as that graph makes it look like with it's creative y axis.
69.4 vs 59.9 mil, 65.9 vs 60.9 mil, 59.9 vs 59.7 mil, a difference of 9 and 5 million vs a couple hundred thousand isn't going to be worth graphing if you've got it from 0 to 72 million, is it?

The main thing it says to me is McCain, Romney, and Trump were all 60 mil +/- 1 mil, while the spread for Obama and Clinton of 7~10 mil says Trump didn't do great but Clinton's performance was abysmal, barely beating Kerry 2004.

Well, more like 47% of voters didn't want anything to do with either candidate.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11244 on: November 10, 2016, 06:16:05 am »

I'd suggest removing your post, Imic, it's generally not a good idea to joke about stabbing important political figures in this modern surveillance age.
I would actually do it.

Except put you in a terrorist watch list and prevent you from travel.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11245 on: November 10, 2016, 06:16:22 am »

I would actually do it.
You didn't get the point.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11246 on: November 10, 2016, 06:18:27 am »

I would actually do it.

Ah. Fine.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11247 on: November 10, 2016, 06:19:01 am »

Neonivek, where did you get the : " Trump will make wild offensive against all minorities  " thing? ( except his vice president being turboorthodox weirdo)

Liberal campaign not having a single word about average citizen well-being and being all about  labeling opponents as uneducated bigot redneck  retards/ delusional bernie-bros/irresponsible chucklefucks, who should have voted for Hillary/   seems like bigger fault. How can you even forget half of the country in election campaign?  ???

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11248 on: November 10, 2016, 06:19:28 am »

I would actually do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get the point, considering you didn't imply it in any way.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11249 on: November 10, 2016, 06:20:16 am »

Its also generally considered, uh, fairly undemocractic to stab the election's winner.

Also, forum guidelines are kind of taken as a given in any discussion that takes place in this forum, for obvious reasons.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 1249