Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393062 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10995 on: November 09, 2016, 04:17:18 pm »

Whatever the reality of the situation is, the next few seasons of South Park are going to be fucking spectacular.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10996 on: November 09, 2016, 04:19:59 pm »

Whatever the reality of the situation is, the next few seasons of South Park are going to be fucking spectacular.

Meh, they are going to cop out and gave Mr. Garisan suddenly step up to be a great President. :P

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10997 on: November 09, 2016, 04:22:29 pm »

As a counterpoint to the repeated denigration of the people who rebuilt the U.S. after WWII;

Millenials could have really used a drafting into a military funded exactly how they want it to be.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #10998 on: November 09, 2016, 04:24:03 pm »

Ok, let's explain it with other words : news stations around America (and Europe) were saying how much they, and by extension the whole system, freared and hated Trump. In direct consequence he won the election.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10999 on: November 09, 2016, 04:25:35 pm »

Ok, let's explain it with other words : news stations around America (and Europe) were saying how much they, and by extension the whole system, freared and hated Trump. In direct consequence he won the election.

Saw a guy saying he don't care if hillary becomes president tomorrow, he just wanted to see the faces of "those idiots on T.V" when trump gets elected.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11000 on: November 09, 2016, 04:27:07 pm »

Rebuilt the U.S.? "Gosh, one of them Japanese balloon bombs knocked over my bird bath." "We will rebuild..."  :P

But agreed, Baby Boomers do get a lot of stick. Most of it is deserved, perhaps, but a lot of it isn't.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11001 on: November 09, 2016, 04:27:24 pm »

Saw a guy saying he don't care if hillary becomes president tomorrow, he just wanted to see the faces of "those idiots on T.V" when trump gets elected.
The schadenfreude was sublime, I must admit.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11002 on: November 09, 2016, 04:28:24 pm »

The schadenfreude was sublime, I must admit.

When I saw Huffington Post predict Clinton with 99.8% probability yesterday, I knew what was going to happen.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11003 on: November 09, 2016, 04:30:27 pm »

As a counterpoint to the repeated denigration of the people who rebuilt the U.S. after WWII;

Millenials could have really used a drafting into a military funded exactly how they want it to be.

Because as we all know, the Nazi bombing campaign of America was intense as fuck.....

Maybe some people, period, should read a book sometime.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11004 on: November 09, 2016, 04:31:57 pm »

Hate to break it to you, but almost everyone who was in WWII has since died of old age, and the last time people were drafted, everyone hated it.  Furthermore the nature of military conflicts has changed greatly in the time since WWII in such a way that the draft is (perhaps temporarily, I'll grant) no long necessary or even practical.

In addition, I've heard absolutely nothing that suggests the military and intelligence branches of our government like Trump.  I HAVE heard of various officers saying they'll resign in protest if Trump brings waterboarding back.  And I do know that Trump's various kill 'em all, bomb everything, why can't we just use nukes ect. comments have not amused our five star generals.

Furthermore, military and vet polls (what few I could find) had him tying with fucking Gary Johnson, which is pathetic for a republican candidate.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11005 on: November 09, 2016, 04:32:21 pm »

lol what point is this post even trying to make. in ww2, people fought in the military, so we should fund it forever? how would you like being drafted into a shitty military, even though military draft doesnt exist anymore? i just cant figure it out.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11006 on: November 09, 2016, 04:33:56 pm »

lol what point is this post even trying to make. in ww2, people fought in the military, so we should fund it forever? how would you like being drafted into a shitty military, even though military draft doesnt exist anymore? i just cant figure it out.

I think it is "Millennials always want to cut military spending. Yeah how about we send them into a war with a military with exactly as much funding as they wanted and we will see them scrambling to increase it"

I am honestly convinced the people most anti-millennial are... Millennials :P

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11007 on: November 09, 2016, 04:35:03 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politics/omarosa-list-donald-trump/index.html

A list of enemies sounds incredibly Nixonian. Though it's one thing to remember who stayed loyal to you and who weren't loyal, it's another to do the same and actively go after those people......

Anyhow, now that the Democrats are effectively without a leader and Clinton has pretty much stifled any rising stars, at least any with presidential ambitions, any ideas who the next possible rising stars candidates for 2020 might be?

Kamala Harris might be one, but it'd be better for her to get a few senate terms under her belt.
Obama. In 4 years from now, people will want Obama back.
and we can't have him
I understand why Michelle Obama doesn't want any part of politics, but goddamn I would be willing to kill someone if it would get her to run for potus.

...there's always Tammy Duckworth. She's pretty popular, and has some national name recognition. Illinois can supply all yer Dem presidents, no problem >_>
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11008 on: November 09, 2016, 04:35:18 pm »

I HAVE heard of various officers saying they'll resign in protest if Trump brings waterboarding back.
Now that would really help. It'd only ensure that their vacant positions will be filled with officers who don't mind torture.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11009 on: November 09, 2016, 04:36:25 pm »

I think it is "Millennials always want to cut military spending. Yeah how about we send them into a war with a military with exactly as much funding as they wanted and we will see them scrambling to increase it"

I am honestly convinced the people most anti-millennial are... Millennials :P
dae le wrong generation? milenials 2fargile4me!!! git gud at lyfe

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 1249