Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393526 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10905 on: November 09, 2016, 01:58:35 pm »

Bernie a career politician whos never held a real job in his life

Yeeeeah no thanks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders#Professional_history

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: November 09, 2016, 01:58:40 pm »

I supported Bernie but then I stopped when he had literally 0% chance of winning?  Like even if his supporters had somehow magicked up 50,000,000+ write in votes he didn't register so they would all have been thrown out.

Its like you're saying "wow all the conservatives were so excited about McCain for President but when the cards are down Trump is all they can talk about".

Edit: God dammit this thread moves at the speed of light
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 02:00:20 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: November 09, 2016, 01:58:57 pm »

51% has a significant chance to overcome.

see for instance, this very election.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: November 09, 2016, 01:59:15 pm »

I can't believe there's people on this forum that actually think Clinton was the best candidate for Dems. Before the primaries were over it seemed Bay12 pol threads were for Bernie and hated Hilldawg.
Man, space, I've actually mentioned that before. I did support bernie at the start of the primary, and while didn't hate hillary was pretty damn skeptical -- I had heard the constant repetitions of warhawk, fair-weather activist, corporate stooge, etc. Actually voted for sanders in the primary, for all that I regretted it by the time the primary was called. By that point his actions had soured me on him and I had actually got off my ass and saw what the hullabaloo was about clinton. Didn't take long after that to realize just how bloody sodding empty or wrought with double-standard/vicious ignorance the vast majority of criticisms of her are, when they're not just outright sodding lies that have all the evidence  available in the world to identify as such for anyone sane, but close to no one willing to actually check. And after that I started paying attention to what she's actually done, and not what people keep spewing bullshit about what she's done. It's a pretty damn good picture if you actually give the least amount of effort to crosscheck or filter for gratuitous distortion.

As I've noted vis a vis our media and population. Quite a lot of folks didn't.

Except it isn't, and if he tries, we should sue him.
He's going to appoint justices who will do that for him.
Can the President be sued for gross negligence?
If he's impeached first, TBF. Unless it was going through before the vote.

Where, breitbart? Fox News? Hillary had the BBC, CNN, NYP, etc, all with her. Of course, those outlets did comment on the emails issue, because those things are actualy a bigger issue than the stuff that got thrown at Trump, because those got progressively more minized because the same accusations were just repeated over and over, rather than actualy expanded upon, and so became seen as mostly baseless, while the scandals involving Hillary just piled on.
Bigger issue? Trump did literally what clinton was only accused of -- intentionally deleting emails while under investigation and intentionally obstructing investigation and legal proceedings -- only repeatedly, demonstrably, and actually documented. He also spewed classified information at least once this election on friggin' video.

Trump didn't even remotely get hit with the same accusations just repeated over and over. There was focus, yes, but there was also a cavalcade of not just accusations but straight up, "Yes we have papers and records" examples of things he had done in the past that were everything from merely inappropriate for a presidential candidate to outright illegal. Dozens. The man is the first president in my lifetime to be coming into office with straight up publicly available unarguable evidence that he's broken the law, repeatedly and fragrantly.

And clinton? Clinton had two, unless you roll bill's into her's. Two scandals. That were focused on over the course of this election. The investigation emails and the wikileaks leaks. That were investigated, and no evidence of criminal action found. Fuck, little to no evidence of even abnormal action found. But no one cares. The guy with the streak of lawsuits longer than my hair and dozens more under prosecution at this very moment, is considered less of a criminal than the person that has been repeatedly exonerated of meaningful wrongdoing. And the latter's presumed, repeatedly found lacking, malfeasance has consistently been called the bigger issue. Rah rah american media, you got what you bloody asked for.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: November 09, 2016, 02:00:53 pm »

It's actually similar to most religious stances on the subject - be gay if you want, thats your thing, but marriage is sacred so stay the fuck away.
But then you'd have to be consistent, and forbid muslims, jews, agnosts, atheists, scientologists, Pastafari etc etc from marrying as well. Because i't's sacred and they should stay the fuck away.

Nevermind how marriage was handled in the bible-- according to the laws and customs of the land, just blessed by a religious elder. It was the blessing that made it sacred.

Non-religious marriages conducted by the state are prefectly reconcilable with the bible, despite what ignorant GOP people feel about it.  They just need to read that book they beat people with to see it for themselves.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: November 09, 2016, 02:01:55 pm »

No, I meant, can people sue the President for gross negligence in his duties as President.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: November 09, 2016, 02:02:27 pm »

It's actually similar to most religious stances on the subject - be gay if you want, thats your thing, but marriage is sacred so stay the fuck away.
But then you'd have to be consistent, and forbid muslims, jews, agnosts, atheists, scientologists, Pastafari etc etc from marrying as well. Because i't's sacred and they should stay the fuck away.

Nevermind how marriage was handled in the bible-- according to the laws and customs of the land, just blessed by a religious elder. It was the blessing that made it sacred.

Non-religious marriages conducted by the state are prefectly reconcilable with the bible, despite what ignorant GOP people feel about it.  They just need to read that book they beat people with to see it for themselves.
Or just find a denomination that does religious marriages for gays? Like the Quakers/RSoF did mine?
Though I do live and work in the UK.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: November 09, 2016, 02:02:58 pm »

That'd be a bit ridiculous, wouldn't it? Anyone who hated a president could decide they were grossly negligent and just sue them

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: November 09, 2016, 02:03:42 pm »

This isn't about religious marriage. This is about being able to marry before the state. The state which is expicitly supposed to be secular.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: November 09, 2016, 02:04:24 pm »

Am.....am I the only one who wrote in a candidate?

The Ghost of Ralph Nader's political career. He stood for the little guys. The little, little guys.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #10915 on: November 09, 2016, 02:04:31 pm »

Divorce threatens the sanctity of marriage according to Catholicism, shall we ban that as well?

The US government is not supposed to play favorites.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: November 09, 2016, 02:05:21 pm »

miauw62:

bingo.  the argument about marriage being sacred is a falsehood. the blessing is what makes it sacred.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: November 09, 2016, 02:06:17 pm »

No, I meant, can people sue the President for gross negligence in his duties as President.
Probably not. Not even sure what would qualify as gross negligence for POTUS, really. Far as my memory can recall (which is admittedly sketchy these days), the position's actual responsibilities aren't, like, encoded in law or something you can be legally culpable for failing at or anything. Would still have to be impeached to even make the attempt, though, at least for stuff done during the actual presidency.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: November 09, 2016, 02:07:19 pm »

Holy hell in a handbasket this thread manages to post a million times a minute.
Big events move big wheels.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: November 09, 2016, 02:07:19 pm »

going overseas, and handing nuke codes to NK would be a pretty good example.
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 1249