Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393572 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10890 on: November 09, 2016, 01:50:38 pm »

"Clinton wasn't a suitable candidate" > It's the best that ever existed
I can't believe there's people on this forum that actually think Clinton was the best candidate for Dems. Before the primaries were over it seemed Bay12 pol threads were for Bernie and hated Hilldawg.

In all honesty, I'm pretty baffled by this myself. At the start of the campaigns, Bernie was clearly the favorite candidate in this thread, and now people are somehow pretending they were with Hillary from the start. Hell, many even lamented when Bernie fell out of the race.
It's two different groups of people, really. The pro-Bernie people just aren't really the ones talking right now.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: November 09, 2016, 01:50:53 pm »

I can't believe there's people on this forum that actually think Clinton was the best candidate for Dems. Before the primaries were over it seemed Bay12 pol threads were for Bernie and hated Hilldawg.

In all honesty, I'm pretty baffled by this myself. At the start of the campaigns, Bernie was clearly the favorite candidate in this thread, and now people are somehow pretending they were with Hillary from the start. Hell, many even lamented when Bernie fell out of the race.
<- Bernie bro
Collectivism is it's own just reward, failure. Something I have learned, the almost religious wave behind Bernie scared people and destroyed him.
I chose to rebel to stick to my conviction.
Bernie a career politician whos never held a real job in his life

Yeeeeah no thanks
Welcome to Trump land. :P
Bernie was the only candidate that could beat him.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:52:24 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: November 09, 2016, 01:51:08 pm »

I'm not saying I supported bernie. Hell, I always kind of saw him as an idiot populist parasite, but its pretty undeniable that he had a shitton of support here. If there's any revisionism going on here, its regarding that.

Where are the berniebros of yesterday?
Where did they come from, and where did they go? These things, I shall ask.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: November 09, 2016, 01:51:29 pm »

Frankly it is very likely Bernie would have lost even harder to Trump

BECAUSE he is so "not corrupt"

without the ec, people in nyc, and other dense areas would dictate how food is grown without even the slightest idea how that process works.

see for example, how good that worked in stalinist russia.

That is how things work IN THEORY... However in actuality it doesn't quite work that way.

Since, one thing to remember, is the most "Rural" people, as in the people growing food... Are in the most populated states.

Trust me the EC doesn't help small states get better representation or Rural people.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: November 09, 2016, 01:51:44 pm »

Gotta love things like this:

"I got over 200,000 fewer votes than my opponent yet I still win!"

Democracy.
My understanding of the electoral college is that the system is supposed to keep all states or regions with roughly similar influence in the presidential election outcomes. If it was purely popular vote all a candidate would probably ever care about or campaign in would be the urban population centers of the nation, and not care about rural or small towns at all.

Now all candidates only care about swing states, why bother to even campaign in a state like California? It was proven that swing states receive more political favours.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: November 09, 2016, 01:51:52 pm »

Hell, Leafsnail, Neonivek -- who do you think I voted for?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: November 09, 2016, 01:52:55 pm »

Hell, Leafsnail, Neonivek -- who so you think I voted for?

I don't know. Green Party?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: November 09, 2016, 01:53:58 pm »

Ahem.

Well, fuck, I guess all we can do is hope he'll calm down and not be too terribly horribad? If you need me I'll be weeping and watching that clip of Bernie and his cute little bird friend over and over and over. It's so sweet.

"...There may be some symbolism here..."
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10898 on: November 09, 2016, 01:54:37 pm »

without the ec, people in nyc, and other dense areas would dictate how food is grown without even the slightest idea how that process works.

I have a feeling that if you changed the way you vote, you would have a civil war every four years. The real problem here is that American system is basically forcing people to choose between two candidates.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: November 09, 2016, 01:55:29 pm »

agreed. FPtP is what needs to go. Not EC.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10900 on: November 09, 2016, 01:55:46 pm »

How is that the case at all, ec does not change the actual influence of the cities at all. All it does is favour winning more ec votes slightly over winning fewer ec votes heavily.

51% of votes or 99% of votes does not make a difference at all.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10901 on: November 09, 2016, 01:56:36 pm »

>Stein
noooo
I was a Johnson voter, as meaningless as that might be -- but I hope is more understandable given that I live in California.

I wasn't bringing up precedent there as any sort of defense for the man, because the view is atrocious, what I was saying that I doubt something fierce. that gay marriage is going to get overturned. It's not like Anthony Kennedy ceased to exist, so replacing Scalia would hardly allow it even, would it?

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: November 09, 2016, 01:56:48 pm »

agreed. FPtP is what needs to go. Not EC.
CGPGrey has a very good video on the failings of FTTP in comparison to a staggered electoral system.
The latter is far superior as it collects third/fourth/fifth party votes to one of the two finalists for contention.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: November 09, 2016, 01:56:56 pm »

It's actually similar to most religious stances on the subject - be gay if you want, thats your thing, but marriage is sacred so stay the fuck away.
But then you'd have to be consistent, and forbid muslims, jews, agnosts, atheists, scientologists, Pastafari etc etc from marrying as well. Because i't's sacred and they should stay the fuck away.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: November 09, 2016, 01:57:54 pm »

Im not sure gay marage is anyones main concern atm

speak for yourself

It's actually similar to most religious stances on the subject - be gay if you want, thats your thing, but marriage is sacred so stay the fuck away.

that would hold water if marriage were a purely christian institution, but it's a secular institution and people frequently marry for immigration and economic benefits

on top of the fact that marriages have been performed in (to the best of my knowledge) every culture, even predating christianity

of course, all of this is ignoring the fact that marriage is a very shallow, surface issue and there are other issues regarding lgbt discrimination and healthcare that need to be handled, and none of which the republican party is likely to handle favourably
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 1249