Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388218 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10635 on: November 09, 2016, 04:43:15 am »

That is my entire point, he doesn't even care about foreign policy, he really only gives any fucks about economic policy, specifically on the domestic side.  And while he has all sorts of opportunities to make a massive mess of that, I doubt it could really fuck us as badly as Dubbya's tenure and the housing market collapse.

O ye of little faith. In all the history of the world there has never been a demagogue to have seized such a lofty position of power. A true demagogue now heads the most powerful nation on earth. This is going to be fun. Sit back and watch it burn. It's going to be one hell of a fire. 
Unless you've happened to find a different celestial body to reside on, you might find it difficult to sit back outside the reach of the flames.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10636 on: November 09, 2016, 04:43:42 am »

That is my entire point, he doesn't even care about foreign policy, he really only gives any fucks about economic policy, specifically on the domestic side.  And while he has all sorts of opportunities to make a massive mess of that, I doubt it could really fuck us as badly as Dubbya's tenure and the housing market collapse.

O ye of little faith. In all the history of the world there has never been a demagogue to have seized such a lofty position of power. A true demagogue now heads the most powerful nation on earth. This is going to be fun. Sit back and watch it burn. It's going to be one hell of a fire.
This will teach the Dems not to present a unattractive candidate just because of the money and legacy they have.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10637 on: November 09, 2016, 04:47:48 am »

I'm on the phone so I'm not gonna actual make a full post about this just yet, but I think we can all agree that the dems and the media are the ones mostly responsible for MAKE MURICA GREAT AGIN
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10638 on: November 09, 2016, 04:49:11 am »

The dollar has already crashed as hard as the pound after the Brexit. So did the Mexican peso. It could be just initial financial panic, might recover.
I have a small number of shares in a US company (that I used to work for), which I was actually hoping I could rely on for a bit of a boost if the pound crashed much more. Now I have to kerp an eye on the dollar as welll...  (Nobody ever said I was a financial genius... These shares are from before even the 2008 big-dip, so I've been content to let them ride before, and it looks like I will continue to even now.)

I'm sorry, Hitler and Mussolini.

Hitler and Mussolini headed relatively small and down trodden countries. This is the most powerful nation on the planet we are talking about here, you know that one country whose military costs more than the next three largest militaries on earth combined. Hitler could only dream of such power.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10639 on: November 09, 2016, 04:51:41 am »

The presidency doesn't have unchecked power, and Trump himself has always been a moderate outside GOP-base directed events.
The world isn't going to end.

People are dying in Syria and Yemen, and yet people bitch when a egocentric old man gets a semi-ceremonial position.  ::)

Edit Grammar
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:54:16 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10640 on: November 09, 2016, 05:02:03 am »

The presidency doesn't have unchecked power, and Trump himself has always been a moderate outside GOP-base directed events.

People are dying in Syria and Yemen, and yet people bitch when a egocentric old man gets a semi-ceremonial position.  ::)

Edit Grammar

Trump has no checks thanks to a pitiful national showing by democrats.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10641 on: November 09, 2016, 05:03:47 am »

People are dying in Syria and Yemen, and yet people bitch when a egocentric old man gets a semi-ceremonial position::)
Its got a tad bit more weight then the modern day British monarchy...
What with other arms of the gov't being GOP, a proven track record there.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10642 on: November 09, 2016, 05:04:09 am »

Is that your defense of trumps presidency? It's not as bad as a middle east country in civil war? What a shitty defense.

Besides, the president might not have unlimited power. But now the presidency and the senate and house and soon to be judicial branch are aligned together. And they do have unlimited power.

And you can say, maybe it won't be so bad. Maybe they won't do what they've been promising all this time. Maybe, secretly, they don't mean everything they've said.

That doesn't seem likely.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10643 on: November 09, 2016, 05:05:54 am »

Edit Grammar

While the Republicans didn't show that must resistance to him, I honestly don't think they'll let go get away with getting I the way if our rights.

Tiruin is too positive, please stop, but don't really you're awesome.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10644 on: November 09, 2016, 05:06:22 am »

Edit Grammar

Because of a pitiful and enraging election strategy dictated by the absolute air-headed ivory tower DNC!
Fuck them and their greedy conservative hands!

Is that your defense of trumps presidency? It's not as bad as a middle east country in civil war? What a shitty defense.

Besides, the president might not have unlimited power. But now the presidency and the senate and house and soon to be judicial branch are aligned together. And they do have unlimited power.

And you can say, maybe it won't be so bad. Maybe they won't do what they've been promising all this time. Maybe, secretly, they don't mean everything they've said.

That doesn't seem likely.

Nah. America got the president it deserved after the complacency, arrogance and snobbery the DNC and core Dems supporters frequently displayed despite warnings from their left wing*.

*inc. me

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10645 on: November 09, 2016, 05:08:26 am »

That's a complete non sequitur. Even if you think this is some sorta karmic punishment it doesn't change the situation or what's going to happen. Or how it's completely appropriate to be upset if you're a liberal.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10646 on: November 09, 2016, 05:08:40 am »

People are dying in Syria and Yemen, and yet people bitch when a egocentric old man gets a semi-ceremonial position. 
Now, I'm not anti-Trump like most of y'all, but isn't that argument a bit like saying your house being on fire isn't so bad, because the sun's already making things hot anyway? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10647 on: November 09, 2016, 05:11:49 am »

40% of my country's gold reserve is stored in the US. I think it's time to follow the Belgian (or was it German) example and bring those bars back home.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #10648 on: November 09, 2016, 05:14:19 am »

Maybe now the American left (and that means you) will admit that it has its head up its ass?

You have to do better, and Obamacare was pitiful.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10649 on: November 09, 2016, 05:18:56 am »

People are dying in Syria and Yemen, and yet people bitch when a egocentric old man gets a semi-ceremonial position. 
Now, I'm not anti-Trump like most of y'all, but isn't that argument a bit like saying your house being on fire isn't so bad, because the sun's already making things hot anyway? ???
Just saying there are worse things than living safe in a 1st world country with a conservative government.
The country has decided and it is not constructive to overembelish its implications.
Maybe now the American left (and that means you) will admit that it has its head up its ass?

You have to do better, and Obamacare was pitiful.
Hey, if more people were active in the political scene, Obama might not have been cornered by the heavily Republican houses to shy away from the public option.
Lazyness gives it's own 'rewards'
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 1249