Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387534 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10275 on: November 09, 2016, 12:02:31 am »

About to pass? Four fucking years man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: November 09, 2016, 12:03:17 am »

So, just hypothetically here: what happens in the rest of the West? With Brexit and Trump, it's clear that white identity politics is waking up. How does this affect European elections?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: November 09, 2016, 12:03:35 am »

About to pass? Four fucking years man.
Archaic meaning. As in, it's about to happen.
So, just hypothetically here: what happens in the rest of the West? With Brexit and Trump, it's clear that white identity politics is waking up. How does this affect European elections?
Make the West great again! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: November 09, 2016, 12:04:17 am »

With how this turned out?

I wouldn't be surprised if the EU explodes back into just plain europe.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: November 09, 2016, 12:05:15 am »

I don't know if she's "dubiously capable" so much as "incredibly corrupt"... but then that's just from reading the occasional snippet of news and articles on the subject, I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention. Pretty sure that's one of the main reasons people don't want her, though.

Some of it, to me, is because she is a woman. Sure... they will point to genuine grievances... Yet for some reason they count double when it is her. When it comes to being corrupt she is no where close to Bernie levels but she actually stands at the lower ends of corruption (And Trump DWARFS her in terms of corruption)

Sure Trump will suffer controversy, but somehow any controversy HE has... Applies to her (If Trump said "All gay people are going to hell" and the news reported it. People take it as Hillary being overly sensitive).

Basically being a woman was a knock against her, even if people want to discount that... at least IMO.

Though yes there are other reasons why Trump won... Remember who Hillary lost to? Obama... and his campaign mirrors Trumps rather closely.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: November 09, 2016, 12:07:11 am »

I've been dubious on the value of democracy for a long time, but this is the nail in the coffin. When given the choice between vacuous nonsense and unpopular but clearly correct, we can't choose right. We're completely unable to be responsible.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: November 09, 2016, 12:07:14 am »

Everybody's been desensitized to trump long ago.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: November 09, 2016, 12:08:17 am »

And Canada remains a liberal bastion.

It is more that the USA's most Liberal party member... Is more conservative then our most conservative party member.

Our political center is far FAR more Liberal.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: November 09, 2016, 12:08:24 am »

The EUs probably going to shed a few more countries before this is all done. Trump may well give Russia a free hand, which is incredibly bad for the Ukrainians, and Eastern Europe in general. Same thing with the Chinese, which is if anything even worse. Depending on what happens, we might see an emboldened North Korea, too.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: November 09, 2016, 12:09:04 am »

I've been dubious on the value of democracy for a long time, but this is the nail in the coffin. When given the choice between vacuous nonsense and unpopular but clearly correct, we can't choose right. We're completely unable to be responsible.
Unfortunately.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: November 09, 2016, 12:10:28 am »

Would the Republican-led congress actually be supportive of Trump? I mean, Republican leaders were all "Trump's an ass, we're not entirely supportive of him..." so... a good thing? Silver-lining?

clutching at straws..?
These people still endorsed him. If Trump pushes them, they're going to be pushed. And they align on enough issues to turn USA back a few years in terms of economical and social progress, if not more.

Poor Mainiac.

Oh well, Manchurian Candidate victory, Russia with USA nuclear button, here we come!

I still can't believe it, that Putin's crazy plan to destroy USA democracy actually worked.

It's the rust belt voters this is why. Industrial white blue collar dudes, the Dems oft ignored and sometimes insulted (Bernie Sanders "if you're white you don't know what it is to be poor") but trump aimed his campaign at them -- and that's how he's winning
You know what? Bernie Bros actually gave Trump his victory. I now feel bad for ever making fun of them. No, not "bad", I feel "wrong" for doing that.

That was a mistake. An actual mistake that costed Hillary election, and Britain - EU membership. It's time for new political strategies that don't revolve around calling people "dumb", "idiots", "deplorables", "Bernie Bros" and other such words. Because these strategies fucking lose!
._.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: November 09, 2016, 12:11:04 am »

That's quite a statement to make based on a single election.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: November 09, 2016, 12:11:35 am »

Lines to meaningfully echo decades later in your Antarctic supervillain fortress.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: November 09, 2016, 12:11:59 am »

Lets just force a recount, no controversy down that route! [/joke]
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: November 09, 2016, 12:12:20 am »

It's only 4 years. How bad can it be?

It takes 15 minutes from Trump giving the order for the nuclear missiles to be in the air.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1249