Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388076 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9885 on: November 07, 2016, 07:30:21 pm »

Nah, PM, pretty sure that's mostly been me. Cept the nude pics thing, considering I'm pretty sure the critter's a minor. The facts bit was a direct reference to their own admittance that their opinion of clinton has little to nothing to do with evidence (up to and including outright contradiction to it), being based primarily on gut feeling. Probably call it fair to note their own evaluation of themselves, yeh?
(He's 18, and like I said, it was an attempt to illustrate the problems with arguments based on nothing but "well, somebody said something, so there must be something there" as he was using)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: November 07, 2016, 07:30:45 pm »

My friends and I having an anxious shitpost competition (in private Skype chat).  I'm scared, hold me memes

It's great how Ron Paul disaster memes only get better year by year...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I might actually be the only one who voted for Hillary instead of third party, but we all voted for Morgan for judge.  Because HB-2 is killing NC.
(I say might, because it's hard to tell what's serious and what's jokes at this point.  We might have a joke-vote or two for Trump, which is one reason I'm scared...  Sure we'll probably win, but anything can happen now.  We can't take it for granted.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: November 07, 2016, 07:34:09 pm »

What politicians say is unreliable, and what they do isn't foreseeable. Might as well rely on endorsements.
Do we really have to keep saying that? Can we stop, yet? Blind trust isn't smart but belief in unreliability in the face of the flat fact that they're more reliable than not as a general demographic isn't either. Politicians aren't some kind of unknowable chaos beast incapable of being predicted, oddly enough.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: November 07, 2016, 07:36:52 pm »

I am incerasingly pissed when famous/whatever people post shit like this. Your vote should be based on what politicans actually say and do instead of voting for someone because someone whose work you like votes for that person. This literally made me disgusted with xkcd.
I mean, woah, at least provide reasons if you're going to be a shill, even anecdotal. It's xkcd, after all.
Randall says "I'm voting Hillary", yes, but does not tell you vote Hillary, just to vote...

What are your feelings about Dilbert? Changed much?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: November 07, 2016, 07:41:45 pm »

I am incerasingly pissed when famous/whatever people post shit like this. Your vote should be based on what politicans actually say and do instead of voting for someone because someone whose work you like votes for that person. This literally made me disgusted with xkcd.
I mean, woah, at least provide reasons if you're going to be a shill, even anecdotal. It's xkcd, after all.
Randall says "I'm voting Hillary", yes, but does not tell you vote Hillary, just to vote...

Sounds like he's gone completely tinfoil hat crazy. Wasn't a fan or hater of him or the comic anyhow, so, I don't have much of an opinion of him, besides the fact that he seems to have gone completely tinfoil hat crazy.

Also, does suicide bombers blowing themselves up in the battle for Mosul count? ;)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: November 07, 2016, 07:42:45 pm »

That isn't endorsing someone, that is going cuucoo crazy  :o
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9891 on: November 07, 2016, 07:46:19 pm »

BTW, the number of votes coming in from early voting has surpassed the entire Florida turnout from 2000. I wonder how much higher from our average voter turnout tomorrow will be?

Speaking more of Florida, the last couple of final polls coming out show Florida being really close, like margin of error close.

If a close Florida race tips the election to Trump, the Democrats are going to be pissed, but, um.... yea...

You think that's bad, picture what'll happen if a close Florida causes Trump to lose.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: November 07, 2016, 07:54:00 pm »

BTW, the number of votes coming in from early voting has surpassed the entire Florida turnout from 2000. I wonder how much higher from our average voter turnout tomorrow will be?

Speaking more of Florida, the last couple of final polls coming out show Florida being really close, like margin of error close.

If a close Florida race tips the election to Trump, the Democrats are going to be pissed, but, um.... yea...

You think that's bad, picture what'll happen if a close Florida causes Trump to lose.

He'll morph into a screaming, feces throwing, monkey, is what. lol.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: November 07, 2016, 07:54:35 pm »

Tell me you set those charges all along the Georgia and Alabama borders, right? All primed and ready, while I get the boats down at the Keys tugging at their moorings? Whichever way it goes, I think we'll definitely need to separate the peninsula pretty sharpish, and worry about where it's going later...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Don't call it a grave, it's the future you chose
« Reply #9894 on: November 07, 2016, 07:56:06 pm »

Can we do IRC tomorrow as the results come in?  Maybe
#bay12asylum
instead of #bay12debate, since
Spoiler: IT'S TOO LATE (click to show/hide)

http://sorcery.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=69
irc.sorcery.net
#bay12asylum
whenever, but I guess results start around 6PM Eastern time, so about 22 hours from now.  I'll probably be on earlier.

I'll be watching a stream like TYT or something, and maybe as much /pol/ as I can stomach, but I'd rather be with y'all :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: November 07, 2016, 07:57:57 pm »

If it hits the wrong country would we be responsible for using chemical and biological weapons as an act of unprovoked warfare?

I mean it's not as bad as hitting somewhere with New Jersey, but it's pretty bad, unleashing Florida-man on the world is definitely against the Geneva Conventions.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9896 on: November 07, 2016, 08:04:46 pm »

What politicians say is unreliable, and what they do isn't foreseeable. Might as well rely on endorsements.
Do we really have to keep saying that? Can we stop, yet? Blind trust isn't smart but belief in unreliability in the face of the flat fact that they're more reliable than not as a general demographic isn't either. Politicians aren't some kind of unknowable chaos beast incapable of being predicted, oddly enough.

67% average isn't a good number for reliability.

If you said "My car doesn't usually break down and leave me stranded," I wouldn't want to ride in your car.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: November 07, 2016, 08:08:28 pm »

Can we do IRC tomorrow as the results come in?  Maybe
#bay12asylum
instead of #bay12debate, since
Spoiler: IT'S TOO LATE (click to show/hide)

http://sorcery.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=69
irc.sorcery.net
#bay12asylum
whenever, but I guess results start around 6PM Eastern time, so about 22 hours from now.  I'll probably be on earlier.

I'll be watching a stream like TYT or something, and maybe as much /pol/ as I can stomach, but I'd rather be with y'all :P

The chat now link on their page (which is also the link you gave) is nonfunctional. It shows the site, yes, but in the middle box, it just shows a blank or it says 'connection failed'.

Having an IRC seems like a nice idea because it gets annoying when the forum moves fast.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:10:08 pm by smjjames »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9898 on: November 07, 2016, 08:09:54 pm »

maybe because rational people recognize trump as a threat to our nation?
This is not the point.

He does. I mean, I understand that this is not really how it works, but your own vote is your fucking own and you're not really supposed to share it publically.
Also, I have basically zero feelings about Dilbert because he's almost completly unknown here and the few strips I've seen on internet weren't exactly something stunning. I actually had to Google what the fuck is Dilbert.

Also, didin't some actress or singer or whoever said she's going to give blowjobs if people vote Hillary or something?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: November 07, 2016, 08:11:22 pm »

Also, didin't some actress or singer or whoever said she's going to give blowjobs if people vote Hillary or something?

If that's Madonna, that's her usual eccentric schtick.
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 1249