Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388280 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9840 on: November 07, 2016, 02:31:59 pm »

I'm currently in the mother of all lines for what is probly Clinton's last appearance. I will relay what I here. Might take a few hours in line though.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9841 on: November 07, 2016, 02:41:16 pm »

Darnit, overwritten the URL when copying the quote into the clipboard (will come back and put it in later) but a BBC article quotes (about world opinions)..
A new poll organised by the global political movement, the Good Country, asking 100,000 people from 130 countries who they would vote for, saw Mrs Clinton secure 52%, with Green Party candidate Jill Stein on 19%, ahead of Donald Trump on 14% and Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson on 7%, with 8% abstaining.
Some of that's funny.

Of course it's your choice 'Merica. Whatever you do, though, make it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: November 07, 2016, 02:44:40 pm »

I'm currently in the mother of all lines for what is probly Clinton's last appearance. I will relay what I here. Might take a few hours in line though.
Please do, heh.

Though checking, it looks like she's slated to be in three different states (michigan, penns, NC) today, so it actually might not be the last.

... also there's apparently a midnight rally in raleigh (NC state reynolds coliseum). Technically tomorrow, but... yeah. E: Schedule. First I noticed, heh. I don't even want to contemplate the likely amount of caffeine going through that woman's blood stream right now.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:47:51 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: November 07, 2016, 02:54:33 pm »

It's still hilarious to me how McMullin has more chances to get electoral votes than Johnson.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: November 07, 2016, 03:11:29 pm »

Upswing?

I saw that this morning. Could be a reflection of the increased Dem turnout in early voting, or maybe just volatility as we get close.

Cool (not the waiting in line bit, the being at the rally).

Speaking of lines... The Guardian is reporting long lines in many places as early voting finishes up, 7 hours in one (probably extreme) case. I suppose we should brace ourselves for long lines that might be worse than previously. Cue Trump screaming 'RIGGED!' over long lines, which would be beautifully ironic.

Edit: I would love to have Maniac's economic knowledge on Cali prop 61..... Though the pharmaceutical companies are fighting hard against that. But then, there's too much uncertianity involved.

edit2: Oh, and one reason why it's importaint to read the measure details., I read the analysis on my sample ballot and when I saw this: "The measure is exempt from the normal environmental review process. " I was like 'NOPE! No thank you!' It's an area that is meant for agricultural use and it's urban sprawl anyway. edit3: The whole measure exempts a bunch of stuff anyway, so, no.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:45:19 pm by smjjames »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9845 on: November 07, 2016, 04:15:44 pm »

Well XKCD has come out in support of Hillary, which is both surprising and not surprising.

Not surprising, because Randal Munroe is competent, sane, ethical, and rational.
Surprising, because this is the first time he's ever made such an overt political statement.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 04:21:29 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac}
« Reply #9846 on: November 07, 2016, 04:18:09 pm »

Is it just me, or has the tone of the thread become a bit more vicious since mainiac got banned? Like, is it just that the election's finally coming up or has the martyring of mainiac spread his salt equitably among the other patrons of the thread in a final testament?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: November 07, 2016, 04:19:07 pm »

Is it just me, or has the tone of the thread become a bit more vicious since mainiac got banned? Like, is it just that the election's finally coming up or has the martyring of mainiac spread his salt equitably among the other patrons of the thread in a final testament?

Shit may or may not be hitting the fan come tomorrow. It's to be expected that tensions would start to run high.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: November 07, 2016, 04:24:19 pm »

Is it just me, or has the tone of the thread become a bit more vicious since [he who shall not be named] got banned? Like, is it just that the election's finally coming up or has the martyring of [he who shall not be named] spread his salt equitably among the other patrons of the thread in a final testament?

I think you're just seeing things. I think things have definitely calmed down. But you're now maybe actually noticing the arguments of others rather than just paying attention to the spectacle that was he who shall not be named.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: November 07, 2016, 04:24:56 pm »

Well XKCD has come out in support of Hillary, which is both surprising and not surprising.

Not surprising, because Randal Munroe is competent, sane, ethical, and rational.
Surprising, because this is the first time he's ever made such an overt political statement.
He Blagged (i.e. Blogged) against Hillary and for Obama eight years ago (with language some are claiming is coming back to bite him, despite the vastly different measures of suitability involved). He joined the movement against SOPA in the comic medium and Scott Adams (Dilbert guy) has been pretty publicly pro-Trump for a while, so I don't see any problems. Given what's at stake.

It's also an "I happen to be voting this way, but the important thing is to vote!" thing, and reassuringly non-negative.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9850 on: November 07, 2016, 04:28:30 pm »

He Blagged (i.e. Blogged) against Hillary and for Obama eight years ago (with language some are claiming is coming back to bite him, despite the vastly different measures of suitability involved). He joined the movement against SOPA in the comic medium and Scott Adams (Dilbert guy) has been pretty publicly pro-Trump for a while, so I don't see any problems. Given what's at stake.

It's also an "I happen to be voting this way, but the important thing is to vote!" thing, and reassuringly non-negative.

Hillary vrs. Obama is a totally different thing from Hillary vrs. Trump.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: November 07, 2016, 04:31:38 pm »

I mean, I get the ends means justification, but hopefully XKCD doesn't go full SMBC with things.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: November 07, 2016, 04:38:44 pm »

Is it just me, or has the tone of the thread become a bit more vicious since [he who shall not be named] got banned? Like, is it just that the election's finally coming up or has the martyring of [he who shall not be named] spread his salt equitably among the other patrons of the thread in a final testament?

I think you're just seeing things. I think things have definitely calmed down. But you're now maybe actually noticing the arguments of others rather than just paying attention to the spectacle that was he who shall not be named.
I like to think I've always paid at least a moderate amount of attention. Mostly referring to now nearly everyone went off on Uxie, from (jokingly) pressuring him for nude pics to talking about how they lnew that facts didn't mean anything to him etc etc...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: November 07, 2016, 04:40:42 pm »

He Blagged (i.e. Blogged) against Hillary and for Obama eight years ago (with language some are claiming is coming back to bite him, despite the vastly different measures of suitability involved).

Hillary vrs. Obama is a totally different thing from Hillary vrs. Trump.

As I intended to point out.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: November 07, 2016, 04:50:21 pm »

Any Californian Bay12ers (or anybody else willing to give their 2 cents) want to weigh in on proposition 64 (Marijuana legalization)? I'm unsure. On one hand, it's time to end the war on drugs and do it differently than just jailing because obviously that isn't working, on the other hand, opponents are saying that it doesn't do enough to regulate it well.

Ballotpedia page on California prop 64.
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 1249