Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388560 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9765 on: November 06, 2016, 10:09:52 pm »

@alway, if you want some more breakdown, this looks like something fairly recent. Conceptually the 650k could be accurate for total emails on the laptop. It's just most would have sod all to do with clinton.

And hell, isp, if you want to write up what you want asked I'd be willing to call myself. Almost certainly be better for you to, as you're obviously more familiar with the subject, but still.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: November 06, 2016, 10:15:40 pm »

C'mon guys this is literally the only time in history you'll have a chance to vote President Trump. Clintons run all the time, don't wreck this for us, we want to see what happens.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: November 06, 2016, 10:56:45 pm »

C'mon guys this is literally the only time in history you'll have a chance to vote President Trump. Clintons run all the time, don't wreck this for us, we want to see what happens.

Real funny Reelya, nice salt.

* smjjames also notices that Reelya has their timezone set to EST....

Yes, I know the /me command doesn't work on the forums, was just doing it in that style or something.

edooot: Oh wait, it does? Didn't realize that, cool.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:39:35 pm by smjjames »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: November 06, 2016, 11:22:50 pm »

I'd probably set my timezone to a US or european zone as an australian, since the forum post time showing everyone else posting at weird times would get annoying otherwise and the mental math just isn't worth it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: November 06, 2016, 11:49:54 pm »

I like futureposters, like yours at 11:22:50 PM when it's only 10:51:58 PM here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: November 07, 2016, 12:14:13 am »

My account is entirely set to the forum defaults, I didn't change anything.

But yeah it would be weird if the timestamps weren't actually sequential.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:16:53 am by Reelya »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: November 07, 2016, 12:16:31 am »

My time zone was wrong for a long, long time before righting itself. I don't even know when that happened...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: November 07, 2016, 01:00:45 am »

Can someone please explain why the deletion of those 30k+ emails by a third party law firm was "okay"?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: November 07, 2016, 01:02:24 am »

I like futureposters, like yours at 11:22:50 PM when it's only 10:51:58 PM here.
DST is funtimes?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: November 07, 2016, 01:06:25 am »

Can someone please explain why the deletion of those 30k+ emails by a third party law firm was "okay"?
... Because a personal eMail is, you know, personal? You don't want it rubbed in everyones face on entertainment news? And to make sure that it's just personal eMails, a third party (You DO know what a third party is, yes?) checks them to make sure nothing incriminating is deleted under the guise of "personal."

Or would you rather Fox News blare about Clintons sexts and dirty emails between her and Anthony Wiener? :V

like seriously this isn't hard, stop focusin' on your hateboner for clinton and think for a second
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: November 07, 2016, 01:08:09 am »

Can you explain why those emails matter in the first place?

Spoiler alert: you can't, nobody can, it looks like smoke so people scream "FIRE, THERE MUST BE A FIRE" and jump up and down insisting there is something there.

This isn't the issue to focus on, it's literally a complete waste of time and effort by all parties, if you want Trump to win for some stupid reason, you beautiful australian fool, you should probably pick a more worthwhile battle, or go for something more entertaining like whichever crazy shit /pol/ is doing right now.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: November 07, 2016, 01:29:11 am »

Or would you rather Fox News blare about Clintons sexts and dirty emails between her and Anthony Wiener? :V

I'd probably just point out that she should have kept her work-related and personal emails separate to begin with, but I suppose that would be too much effort for Her Majesty.

... Because a personal eMail is, you know, personal? You don't want it rubbed in everyones face on entertainment news? And to make sure that it's just personal eMails, a third party (You DO know what a third party is, yes?) checks them to make sure nothing incriminating is deleted under the guise of "personal."

The only way I'd ever trust a third party hired by Clinton is if they kept records of every email deleted... Which obviously isn't going to happen.

Spoiler alert: you can't, nobody can, it looks like smoke so people scream "FIRE, THERE MUST BE A FIRE" and jump up and down insisting there is something there.

Because Clinton either thought whatever is in those emails would make her look worse than covering them up does (and hence there must be some pretty bad stuff in there), or it shows that her judgement is bad because she took a stronger PR hit unnecessarily.

Oh, and some of them had classified info.
There's also that.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: November 07, 2016, 01:37:12 am »

Y'all make it seem like understanding how email works, and what is a right-click or a left-click is easy for people close to 90 years old, like Clinton. A bit more understanding for the elderly please.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: November 07, 2016, 02:01:21 am »

Because Clinton either thought whatever is in those emails would make her look worse than covering them up does (and hence there must be some pretty bad stuff in there), or it shows that her judgement is bad because she took a stronger PR hit unnecessarily.

There's also that.
Classified =/= Top Secret, for the billionth time.

Also, have you released your e-mails yet? You're not running for office you say? I mean, I suppose it shouldn't matter, but hey if you don't want to release your e-mail then the rest of us have to assume you are hiding something.

Now, if you don't want me spreading stories about the human traffic ring and drug deals and hitmen you've been contacting, you're just going to have to release your e-mails, oh, but I hope you never deleted anything because obviously those were the ones with all the salacious and probably illegal stuff you were involved in.

"That isn't fair" you might say, "I'm just a kid, I haven't done anything" you'd argue, but as long as I insist you have, and find people willing to believe any stupid shit I say, you're going to have to deal with that.

Man, almost makes it seem like any jerkass who wants can just make up whatever they want without any sort of evidence and then point to any imagined action as proof of impropriety and wrongdoing, particularly if they can get the uninformed to buy it.

In other news: kids really are getting dumber these days.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: November 07, 2016, 02:10:32 am »

I think somewhere mainiac just woke up in a cold sweat, teeth clenched in phantom anger and salt stinging his eyes.
Will someone take up the mantle?

I'd probably just point out that she should have kept her work-related and personal emails separate to begin with, but I suppose that would be too much effort for Her Majesty.

Think for a moment how petty of a complaint this is about a candidate for president, and yet this is the worst people have managed to dig up. I don't like Clinton, I didn't vote for her, but this is some next level nitpicking that under normal circumstances would be laughed out of the news room.

The only way I'd ever trust a third party hired by Clinton is if they kept records of every email deleted... Which obviously isn't going to happen.

Oh shit, I bet the FBI didn't think of this!

???
She's hiding something, or she's not hiding anything but still not worth trusting because she didn't stop her opponents from dragging her name through the mud over a false scandal?

There's also that.

that'swhythey'reinvestigatingherandtheyhaven'tfoundanythingbelievemeyou'dknowiftheydidhnnnnnnnnng
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1249