Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1390496 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9630 on: November 05, 2016, 09:19:01 pm »

I have always secretly wondered what the first President to get a clandestine cybernetic enhancement would be. That time, if it has not passed, is coming soon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9631 on: November 05, 2016, 09:19:19 pm »

It's plausible that it's an "Ooh look, someone thinks I'm worth attacking" thing organised by Trump.

Just saying...

I have always secretly wondered what the first President to get a clandestine cybernetic enhancement would be. That time, if it has not passed, is coming soon.
President Schwarzenegger, obviously.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9632 on: November 05, 2016, 09:20:35 pm »

Someone just tried to kill Trump, pulled a gun out at his rally in Reno and got taken down by the crowd/secret service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTVqvPzinqQ
No idea how reliable this person is, but he says that there was no gun, just someone shouting about a gun. So don't worry (?), Trump's life is in a relative safety!

It's plausibe that someone freaked out when they thought they saw a gun.
Again, no idea of reliability, but another person says that it was because someone was trying to raise a sign.

EDIT:
It's plausible that it's an "Ooh look, someone thinks I'm worth attacking" thing organised by Trump.

Just saying...
Dude, Trump isn't nearly smart or cunning enough for any "false-flag" shit like this.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 09:22:45 pm by Sergarr »
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: November 05, 2016, 09:29:12 pm »

The two links I posted earlier also say that the person was trying to raise a protest sign (although they say 'Trump supporter'), there was some kind of scuffle and then someone shouted 'GUN!'. So, yeah, all indications are that someone freaked out and thought they saw a gun.

It may just be partially how tense things are right now.

Just saying...

That and all the other ones, right? Like that guy who burned the flag and rushed the stage with a knife - DiMassimo, was it? - or the guy who tried to take a gun from security to shoot him during the primaries.

I don't recall that guy ever having a knife. His intent was to tackle the podium away from Trump, or maybe he meant to tackle Trump, not sure, or 'bully the bully'.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 09:32:08 pm by smjjames »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9634 on: November 05, 2016, 09:33:08 pm »

There's pretty significant levels of "ends justify the means" on both sides at the moment, I think.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9635 on: November 05, 2016, 09:34:18 pm »

That and all the other ones, right? Like that guy who burned the flag and rushed the stage with a knife - DiMassimo, was it? - or the guy who tried to take a gun from security to shoot him during the primaries.
That latter (a British guy) was in my mind. Trying to work out if it'd be possible to see a Trump Bounce in the polls associated with that event. It'd be a good last-minute gambit to make.

(And, before you say so, a plot at a similar level from the opposition would have worked, if you even believe it would be done. But here all you need is one patsy to 'raise a sign', easily asked to do so for reward, and a second random and ultimately unidentified crowd member employed to shout "he's got a gun!", let the SS do the rest without even needing to know the plan, and however it turns out it boosts Trump's visibility amongst his target voters. Not saying it did happen that way, but neither would I dismiss the possibility.)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9636 on: November 05, 2016, 09:42:12 pm »

Just saying...
It's possible, but not likely.  It's an extreme charge to jump to, even for Trump...  His madness is more heat-of-the-moment than arranging something like that.

Glad that there probably wasn't any gun involved, that's a relief.  Hell, considering that, maybe his campaign did organize the scare...  Though it doesn't seem particularly beneficial.  The investigation makes him look like an overreacting coward, if anything.  (Just saying how it *looks*.  I don't blame him for leaving the stage)

There's pretty significant levels of "ends justify the means" on both sides at the moment, I think.
I get that sentiment, but let's avoid false equivalency.  Trump is deliberately creating doubt about the election results.  Hillary isn't publicly planning to dispute the election, nor eyebrow-wagging at the 2nd amendment as a recourse.

Vaguely related, we don't have clear suspects on the NC Republican office firebombing yet do we?  I'd love to hear that it was a false flag, though I'm worried it was overzealous progressives.  Despite what my brother thinks, I'm not leaping to blame the apparent victims as fakers.  I'm told that that's un-progressive.  I'm just hoping, and waiting.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9637 on: November 05, 2016, 09:46:57 pm »

Vaguely related, we don't have clear suspects on the NC Republican office firebombing yet do we?  I'd love to hear that it was a false flag, though I'm worried it was overzealous progressives.  Despite what my brother thinks, I'm not leaping to blame the apparent victims as fakers.  I'm told that that's un-progressive.  I'm just hoping, and waiting.

The office reopens at a different location next Wednesday, and they're offering a substantial cash reward for pertinent information.

http://wncn.com/2016/11/01/reward-up-to-10000-as-firebombed-nc-republican-office-to-reopen/
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9638 on: November 05, 2016, 09:53:59 pm »

(And, before you say so, a plot at a similar level from the opposition would have worked, if you even believe it would be done. But here all you need is one patsy to 'raise a sign', easily asked to do so for reward, and a second random and ultimately unidentified crowd member employed to shout "he's got a gun!", let the SS do the rest without even needing to know the plan, and however it turns out it boosts Trump's visibility amongst his target voters. Not saying it did happen that way, but neither would I dismiss the possibility.)

It's somewhat ironic that Trump supporters have people like 'Aaron Black', Scott Foval, etc, caught admitting on camera to inciting violence at Trump rallies in order to make his supporters look bad, or leaked e-mails that go into detail about how they need to get a 'special team' to 'birddog GOP candidates, especially likely nominee, at their events (need special staff team at HQ that does this)', and it still gets dismissed as conspiracy theories.

But then on the other side of the fence...

Do you need explaining on project veritas and wikileaks again? :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9639 on: November 05, 2016, 09:56:30 pm »

If it didn't take the first however many times it's probably not going to the Nth+1.

E: Also, what's up with that wikileaks link? Follow it out of idle curiosity and all I get is "Robby's memo for this afternoon", with no subject, and apparently nothing else of note.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:00:07 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9640 on: November 05, 2016, 10:00:03 pm »

A local Reno reporters twitter says that the guy has been released, it really WAS just a sign, and a sign saying 'Republicans against Trump'. So yeah, someone simply, and probably understandably due to the tense atmosphere, freaked out.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9641 on: November 05, 2016, 10:01:22 pm »

Do you need explaining on project veritas and wikileaks again? :P

What makes you think it's fake? I haven't heard of this before.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: November 05, 2016, 10:04:27 pm »

What, veritas's stuff? The head guy produces doctored film, creatively edited to completely bugger whatever the source material was. Done it repeatedly over the years, made a bloody career of it. You can trust pretty much nothing that comes out of them. Wikileaks is less fake and more "It doesn't say what you've been told it says", most of the time.
Ask not!
Ask!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9643 on: November 05, 2016, 10:07:50 pm »

Cov, video editing is a thing. Stuff that's came out of veritas was stitched together to say shit completely divorced from what was recorded. It's literally what they do, and they've been caught at it repeatedly. So far as I'm aware this latest round is just the latest go at it.
Ask not!
Ask!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9644 on: November 05, 2016, 10:16:34 pm »

Because that can fairly easily be proved or disproved by many people at this point - not least of all the FBI.
Without actually wishing to go into everything else you say, that is the "Trumpsville" FBI you're talking about, yes?
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 1249