Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389952 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9570 on: November 05, 2016, 02:00:54 am »

A tie leads to the same result as nobody reaching 270: House picks the President, Senate picks the Veep.
So then you could end up with a democratic president and a republican VP or vice versa? That'd be awkward. I guess the secret sevice's main task in that case will be frisking the VP for assasination weapons.

Given that the new Senate (I think they use the new incoming senate for that vote, not sure) is likely to be Democrat controlled, that's a plausible scenario. And yes it'd be awkward as hell.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: November 05, 2016, 02:01:23 am »

Purely because we're now on page 666 (and we've just had Halloween) rather than any veracity that may or may not be in it: anyone seen all this Spirit Cooking shit that's come out in the Clinton e-mails?

There are crazy theories running round about that and a bunch of other things (I think I mentioned the code about 'Pizza' and 'Dogs' earlier, didn't I?), but Spirit Cooking seems to have some legs and is apparently convincing at least some of Clinton's minority supporters to ditch her.

For my part, I can see why they'd be concerned, even if it is just performance art. If Theresa May started hanging around with a wanker like Damien Hirst, I could never vote for her in good conscience.

Page 400 here covenant.

Also, Spirit Cooking, wut?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: November 05, 2016, 02:03:26 am »

For my part, I can see why they'd be concerned, even if it is just performance art. If Theresa May started hanging around with a wanker like Damien Hirst, I could never vote for her in good conscience.
Oh, come off it. Rich people do weird decadent shit because they're bored. It's the explanation for Bohemian Grove and it's the explanation for this. Literally the same drive as college fraternity members having homoerotic sex rituals and oaths of loyalty.

Welcome to humanity. We cannot escape our tribal instincts.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: November 05, 2016, 02:07:35 am »

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9574 on: November 05, 2016, 02:16:53 am »

Re:ppp:15 is default, 25 or 50 is standard.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: November 05, 2016, 02:46:20 am »

I'm seeing 666.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: November 05, 2016, 02:50:20 am »

Purely because we're now on page 666 (and we've just had Halloween) rather than any veracity that may or may not be in it: anyone seen all this Spirit Cooking shit that's come out in the Clinton e-mails?

There are crazy theories running round about that and a bunch of other things (I think I mentioned the code about 'Pizza' and 'Dogs' earlier, didn't I?), but Spirit Cooking seems to have some legs and is apparently convincing at least some of Clinton's minority supporters to ditch her.

Page 400 here covenant.

Also, Spirit Cooking, wut?

Huh, maybe it's me who's on a non-standard page layout or something. I assumed I was on the normal one and we were all on 666, perhaps I adjusted it at some point and forgot.

RE Spirit Cooking: Depending on what you're reading, it's either performance art, Satanism, or just serving really, really unusual fixings at your dinner parties. It cropped up in a few of the Podesta e-mails.

People at /pol/ also interpreted the Pizza emails, especially those emails which seem to be random nonsense, as a cypher used by a pedophile ring, of all things.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: November 05, 2016, 03:48:10 am »

That's pol for you, projecting about pedophiles makes up one-third of the great trifecta; the other two being "racial realism" and Happening.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: November 05, 2016, 05:54:54 am »

I was looking over at that when I happened to see someone post about why Bernie was so popular and a reply saying "because he was a jew who made promises they were fools to believe" basically was get 96,000,000, so I think /pol/ Godwin'D itself accidentally?

Oh, and best settings says it's only page 200.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: November 05, 2016, 05:58:01 am »

From an outsider perspective it seems like he is the most trustworthy and qualified candidate as well as looking like a sweet grandpa (Though he looks creeeeeepy to me)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: November 05, 2016, 06:18:33 am »

Things are looking dark, so I'll put this here to lighten y'all up.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: November 05, 2016, 06:47:12 am »

Things are looking dark, so I'll put this here to lighten y'all up.
I thank you. I sincerly thank you. Whilst also holding my sides lest they split.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: November 05, 2016, 09:01:12 am »

Ooh, there was a link to a much bigger collection in the comments.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: November 05, 2016, 11:55:10 am »

Re this
In more serious news: Electoral college voter says he will not vote for Clinton.
Robert Satiacum, a member of Washington's Puyallup Tribe, supported Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary. He said he believes Clinton is a "criminal" who doesn't care enough about American Indians and "she's done nothing but flip back and forth."
Bernie Bros strike back! You thought they were already dead, but in fact, they've been planning their master stroke all along!

I spotted in the RCP feed that Trump has at least two electors that have said they will not vote for him.

So, if those three people and others make good on that threat and it becomes close enough to actually affect the outcome, it'll be chaos indeed. Don't know what Politico article that person is referring to though.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: November 05, 2016, 12:19:04 pm »

Present factionalism seems to demolish Federalist no. 10
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 1249